• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I finally have a vid! Better Quality

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
The only problem is that the quality is d*** near obscene! It makes me sad, but I decided to post it anyway for some thoughts

Scary (Sheik) vs. RedHalberd (MK) (<- probably one of best in FL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i7F4Rj9CCQ

Blame RedHalberd for the quality lol.
Again, sorry for the bad quality!

EDIT: ALthough it got a little better, the quality is still rough.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
My eyes!!! jk Nice DACUS. Wish i could pull it off someday. For some reason i still cant pull it off even with the claw. *cries* Nice sheik.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
u kept it close, nice playing...must be quite satisfying to get that grab release DACUS
only suggestion i guess would be to use ftilt more

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Thanks! I tried using more ftilt but he wouldn't get stuck or I'd mess up.

My game against revolved around the grab sadly so I think that got me killed.

demodemo

Smash Ace
nice sheik

yeah, like you said you need more ftilts. did you know decayed ftilt>usmash is a legit combo, and you usually get the tipper?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you can out camp meta easy. punish missed aerials with dash attack. Grab release -> dacus was very attractive. You had the second match bagged don't let meta intimidate you you are very good. If you ever stop by gigs or any Orlando area tourneys give me a yell.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
In the name of everything cheap use sheik chain against a meta knight trying to recover from below the ledge!

It stops everything he can throw at you, other then that you used the fsmash in odd places and such. Gotta work on that but even so pretty nice sheik you got there.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
That MK is one of the best in Florida? I know he has a good Falco, but his MK is not impressive to say the least.

Decent Sheik..........I would recommend cutting your uses of fsmash to around zero unless your at very high percentages. Use more utilt, seriously that move is extremely good.

Nice use of DACUS off the grab release but don't try it when MK isn't at KO percentages like you did on the first stock.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@Demo: D*** Redhalberd was avoiding all ftilts like they were the plague lol! I felt as if I kept going for the ftilt then I would end up slowing down, so I tried to get it when I could.

@<3: I definitely will when I come by Orlando. I'm actually going there this coming Monday to chill with a friend of mine, so if I'm close by perhaps we can play.

@Tristan: I just recently learned how to use the chain a bit, so when I am able to put up another video, there will definitely be some chain. I noticed a few Fsmashes, usually if I can punish for sure I use it, although sometimes if it is completely random, that's me messing up DACUS lol; same with the random Dsmashes.

@marsulas: The first stock when I did grab release, I messed up DACUS and I was sad because I think it would of got him. Sometimes I can get it and sometimes I can't. More utilt is definitely necessary now that I look at it again. I so wish Fsmash was better since I actually like to punish with it when I can get it for sure, like off missed drill rushes and such. It was kind of a reflex thing lol.

Thanks so much for the input, I'll definitely try and take the advice to my game.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Don't bother using fsmash at all unless you know you are going to hit with just that last hit. (in which case running upsmash is a better option anyway) Fsmash can be DIed out of at any percent by every character, you have better damage option in place of this move in any situation. I'd argue fsmash is one of shieks worst moves.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Don't bother using fsmash at all unless you know you are going to hit with just that last hit. (in which case running upsmash is a better option anyway) Fsmash can be DIed out of at any percent by every character, you have better damage option in place of this move in any situation. I'd argue fsmash is one of shieks worst moves.
Yeah...I wish the fsmash had a purpose but it really doesn't and I've looked high and low for one.

The only time you should use the fsmash is if you wish to kill and your dsmash is already greatly weaken, however even with that you have to keep in mind that the side of Sheik usmash is even stronger then her dsmash and it's only one frame slower the fsmash if you don't land the tipper which is possible on selective standing targets.

If you don't think you can land a dsmash because of range then ftilt into nair. It works on everyone and is stronger then her fsmash and dsmash. Think they will sides step? Why not ftilt twice?

The first hit of the fsmash comes out at 12 the second hit 31. Well funny enough the ftilt comes out in 4 frames and ends on the 24. With buffering the next attack will come out ASAP on the 28 frame. Going on from there with adding the cool down and total amount of frames the double ftilt still wins.

Double ftilt 48 frames > Single fsmash 54 frames.

Once you land a ftilt you could combo into strong nair which is stronger then the fsmash and dsmash.

The fsmash doesn't just suck for being sheik weakest smash, slowest smash, and even undependable when landed but it doesn't even have a strategic purpose unless sheik Nair and dsmash is weaken to the point that the fsmash is better.

Sheik fsmash is the worst smash attack in the game.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Ganondorf dsmash comes out in 15-16 frames, can kill, and has good range.

The speed difference isn't that much, although I bet Ganondorfs by nature has a longer cool down.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
there is no reason anyone should be hit by that attack you have 19 frames to DI out of the attac. of the first one connects and 31 frames to react if it doesn't fsmash is a joke.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i probably use fsmash myself too much but i don't think its totally useless...depends on the defensive skills of opponent but like sometimes if they try and spotdodge u can still get them w/ it
u just have to wait for the right oppurtunity, it can kill close to the edge

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I wish Sakurai would make use of Sheik's wakizashi (small sword) that she never uses. New forward smash for the next smash game
lol, then Sheik fsmash would have a use, disjointed hitboxes FTW!

Oh and Cobra had a theory about that, have you ever notice that when sheiks runs one of her hands are resting very close to her sword? Well Cobra suggested that when sheik does her dash attack she quickly pull it out and slashes her foe before pulling it back in.

Only a true ninja can see this quick ninja strike. :3

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik's fsmash is half-decent for one thing - timing it from far, far away as a wakeup punish, since if you miss the first kick then you won't be prevented from connecting with the second, and since it kicks twice Sheik travels a fair bit of distance, letting you start it from well out of range of things like wakeup attacks, etc.

Top Bottom