• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i dont think sakurai likes us very much =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Now that I think about it, people going insane over one message was only a mere play on words, aimed at a shot at competitives. Thats all it was.

If Sakurai hated us, he wouldn't have made the game.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
The original post seems so petty and self-centered, it's kinda sad. Just doesn't seem to get it.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
By the way, the Japanese, in general hate XBOX360, but everyone else digs it. But Japan loves the Wii... along with every other country. Also, Nintendo wants to focus on not only current gamers, but pretty much everyone else! And they're buying... because there aren't any Wii's left.

And if I'm mistaken, they are producing 1.8 million monthly and shipping less than one million. And if they sell out everywhere, well, that means most of them were SOLD, correct?

Can someone get me the production numbers of the XBOX360?

ok once again. did you not read my post? The wii isnt as selling as well as you think despite what 1up says. The point is nintendo can say they sold "x" amount but in actuality sold 4 =/
This creates hype. Almost every gaming company, or company in general does this.
go to a grocery store and tell me how many of the exact same food product says "worlds best" on it.
I'm taking marketing. Nintendo makes artificial demand making it look like they sell better. wich insinuates its the superior or better console, thus attracting MORE business. wii sells about 86% of what the 360 sells.

and dont give me this "but 1up doesnt lie"

most things on the intraweb is lies.
Ok then

If Nintendo did fake sales figures, then why didn't they do it for the GC just to "up" it's popularity? I'm pretty sure that sales figures are in a separte category from influential advertising.

SERIOUS BUSINESS

Smash Rookie
lol i've been saying this from the start >.< sakurai wants to kill competitive smash.why? no clue.
he brings back like the worst banned stage evar. he makes one of the most vital differences based on items (wich are banned), final smashes. a lot of stages he makes are probably going to be banned (norfair and the ic one).he focuses a lot on "cool new items hurray". I think hes trying to kill it by making it more of a party type game D=. wich it already is but. yea =/

and now he takes a shot at us with "real men use items"

coincidence? i think not.

but this is imho.
"He brings back like the worst banned stage evar." For those of us that bought the game just to play it, Hyrule was hands down the best stage in the game. It was fun, unique, big enough to avoid instant KOs, variable enough terrain to provide advantages and disadvantages to characters across the board, and didn't have any uncontrollable environmental effects.

Look, I understand why certain stages and items would be banned from tournaments, but the variety makes the game more fun, and believe it or not, some people actually play games to have fun.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
"He brings back like the worst banned stage evar." For those of us that bought the game just to play it, Hyrule was hands down the best stage in the game. It was fun, unique, big enough to avoid instant KOs, variable enough terrain to provide advantages and disadvantages to characters across the board, and didn't have any uncontrollable environmental effects.

Look, I understand why certain stages and items would be banned from tournaments, but the variety makes the game more fun, and believe it or not, some people actually play games to have fun.
Some people think tournaments are fun.

Anyway, none of what the OP posted has to be used in tournaments, so it's a really bad argument.

Zero_P

Smash Ace

This smash n00b means serious business :psycho::laugh:

And you think that it's impossible to have fun in tournaments? Why would we compete in tournaments if we didn't have fun? The word fun is extremely biased and is tossed around here frequently to excuse any flaws in an argument. Because you find it fun doesn't mean the next person will.

Desh.

Smash Lord
where am i getting statistics? I'm taking a marketing class 2 years ahead of my grade, i have about 3 cousins and an uncle who work for retailers of electronics and thats my uncle. my cousins are specifically part of the video gaming industry a long with google, and friendly nintendo marketers i've met from the smash community its safe to say i have facts.

things to think upon.

1. google.
2.I have family in the electronic and video gaming retail industry
3. i know marketers from nintendo.
4. msg nintendo, it works wonders.

and before you get all spazzy about "you dont know people from nintendo blah blah blah"
you know the people with the nintendo booths, or cell phone booths, or any promo at a mall? ALL MARKETERS FOR THEIR COMPANY. talk to them sometime. meet people. get connections.

SERIOUS BUSINESS

Smash Rookie
And you think that it's impossible to have fun in tournaments? Why would we compete in tournaments if we didn't have fun? The word fun is extremely biased and is tossed around here frequently to excuse any flaws in an argument. Because you find it fun doesn't mean the next person will.
Tournaments are great. They're no doubt fun as well. But a line is drawn when you outright protest optional features of the next Smash Bros because they will provide some variety in gameplay. That's restricting how much you can casually enjoy the game, simply because you view Smash Bros through the myopic view of what can or cannot be used in a tournament.

Just because something is "banned" from a tournament doesn't make it inherently good or bad. The vast majority of Smash Bros players aren't ignorant or unskilled because they like to play Hyrule or use items, and people that do play in tournaments aren't infallible because they play the game from a puristic, itemless, "Fox Only, Final Destination!" method.

There's absolutely no need to be personally offended that the game devs would say "Here's another stage, and here are some more items. Use them, or don't." Perhaps the topic creator could give these items and levels a shot sometime. He may actually enjoy them.

Desh.

Smash Lord
Tournaments are great. They're no doubt fun as well. But a line is drawn when you outright protest optional features of the next Smash Bros because they will provide some variety in gameplay. That's restricting how much you can casually enjoy the game, simply because you view Smash Bros through the myopic view of what can or cannot be used in a tournament.

Just because something is "banned" from a tournament doesn't make it inherently good or bad. The vast majority of Smash Bros players aren't ignorant or unskilled because they like to play Hyrule or use items, and people that do play in tournaments aren't infallible because they play the game from a puristic, itemless, "Fox Only, Final Destination!" method.

There's absolutely no need to be personally offended that the game devs would say "Here's another stage, and here are some more items. Use them, or don't." Perhaps the topic creator could give these items and levels a shot sometime. He may actually enjoy them.
hey idiot i never said it wasnt going to be fun to play casually, nor did i say it was going to be a bad game or i had anything wrong with the features in general. all i said is it doesnt do much for the competitive side of smash.
think before posting no stfu and gtfo.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
His point was basically the same as yours, in regards to fun. He just worded it poorly. He said that tournaments are not fun for everyone, and that the first post was self-centered and biased toward tournaments... which is the same point you made in the end. Fun isn't the same to everyone.

Also, those statistics ARE wrong, the Wii has outsold the 360. I am not sure what current sales figures are, they are probably selling fairly close to the same amounts, but to deny the Wii has outsold the 360 in total sales is just ignorance. Also, there is no false supply unless Nintendo itself is lying about their record breaking production of 1.8 million systems per month.

I can undersetand where you're coming from from this stand point, and I can safely agree with you. But there are skill borders in the game ragaurdless. Competative playing has opened many gateways to breaking technical limitations. But I have to say that the "Fox Only" stereotype is extremely agrivating, but it's actually funny on some ocassions.

Desh.

Smash Lord
also his post was like..insanely off topic? no one was talking about casual play, or how it effects casual players.

read last post >.> ....wait no...the post before that.

SERIOUS BUSINESS

Smash Rookie
hey idiot i never said it wasnt going to be fun to play casually, nor did i say it was going to be a bad game or i had anything wrong with the features in general. all i said is it doesnt do much for the competitive side of smash.
think before posting no stfu and gtfo.
No need to call me an idiot or tell me to "stfu and gtfo." I merely disagree with your perspective. I was expecting a knee-jerk, hyper-defensive remark like that, but I haven't insulted you, nor would any reasonable person claim I have.

SSBB introduces new stages, new items, and new characters, most of which will not be allowed in tournaments because they allow for certain uncontrollable factors (primarily luck) which disrupt the natural flow of a standard tournament battle. I get that. But why become upset that these options are available to the casual player that just wants to enjoy the game without being restricted to a scant few levels, based on tournament rules?

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
also his post was like..insanely off topic? no one was talking about casual play, or how it effects casual players.

read last post >.> ....wait no...the post before that.
His post wasn't THAT off topic, actually... you're the one who's saying the game is going to "kill the tournament scene" by bringing back certain banned stages and including a multitude of items, so what does that leave if the competitive scene isn't able to use what Sakurai is currently offering us? Why, the ever-lovable casuals, of course!
As far as this board is concerned, you can never have a good discussion about tournament play without bringing up the more casual side of Smash Brothers... it's like Godwin's Law, really.

So really, you should probably do a little thinking before posting as well... also, it's not a good idea to make a topic and then say "stfu and gtfo" if somebody with a different opinion from you posts. That just makes you look like an ignorant fool, no offense.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol i've been saying this from the start >.< sakurai wants to kill competitive smash.why? no clue.
he brings back like the worst banned stage evar. he makes one of the most vital differences based on items (wich are banned), final smashes. a lot of stages he makes are probably going to be banned (norfair and the ic one).he focuses a lot on "cool new items hurray". I think hes trying to kill it by making it more of a party type game D=. wich it already is but. yea =/

and now he takes a shot at us with "real men use items"

coincidence? i think not.

but this is imho.
I love how people post stuff like this and later on post wondering why there's so much competitive player hate among the Smash community as a whole. Think of a girl who complains about foot pain, then slips back into that pair of high-heeled shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom