• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't get Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I seriously don't get Captain Falcon and why Sakurai wasted another precious slot for such an insanely ridiculous character.
Yes, Captain Falcon is insanely ridiculous, and that's exactly why he's so popular. I don't know anyone who didn't love how he parried Lucina's Shield Breaker with only his fist. He's just insanely funny, both in his extremely confident personality and his over-the-top moveset, and that's why we love him, there's only one man who marks his nipples and knees people into oblivion.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I seriously don't get Captain Falcon and why Sakurai wasted another precious slot for such an insanely ridiculous character. He is annoying and weak, also falcoon puunch is not funny anymore.
I know it's your opinion and all, but you should've known what you get yourself into when you made this thread in the Captain Falcon subforum. Likes others have said, Capt. Falcon is a staple of Smash and will never ever be cut from the roster. He represents a great and very underrated racing series that deserves more attention. Plus we get to see the glorious Falcon Punch in HD! :4falcon:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I seriously don't get Captain Falcon and why Sakurai wasted another precious slot for such an insanely ridiculous character. He is annoying and weak, also falcoon puunch is not funny anymore. He got even WEAKER since we have characters like Little Mac, Palutena, Robin, shortly ubers. I don't understand how can people be okay with this? Some people are not okay with Rosalina, but this? Okay look, maybe his moveset is awesome(not that i think this way), then there is GANONDORF, which is at least from a main franchise. I think the latest F-Zero game was made in 2004 or something and (of course) nobody gave a damn about it. Okay i know, Ganondorf is slower, and then make him a little faster!? Hit 2 birds with 1 stone, get rid of a clone and eliminate the silliest character in Smash Bros. history?

Then we wonder why other fighting games fans think we are like 10 year-old kids playing Mario Party Fight.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Then we wonder why other fighting games fans think we are like 10 year-old kids playing Mario Party Fight.
As a Mario fan the stigma that having as much Mario as we have is a bad thing depresses me greatly.

For the record though whilst everyone's entitled to their opinions about the characters, OP, I feel you would of been better off asking the genuine question of "why is he so popular and why do you guys like him?" more than how you did it.

Personally I do love the series from what I got to play(and yes GX was my favourite too) but also appreciate Falcon's over the top kamen rider style moves. He's a caricature of manliness, cheesiness and hot bloodedness, these traits combined many find oddly charming.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
As a Mario fan the stigma that having as much Mario as we have is a bad thing depresses me greatly.

For the record though whilst everyone's entitled to their opinions about the characters, OP, I feel you would of been better off asking the genuine question of "why is he so popular and why do you guys like him?" more than how you did it.

Personally I do love the series from what I got to play(and yes GX was my favourite too) but also appreciate Falcon's over the top kamen rider style moves. He's a caricature of manliness, cheesiness and hot bloodedness, these traits combined many find oddly charming.

I'm a big fan of Mario too. But I have to admit these "F-ZERO IS ****, LOVE MARIO & ZELDA GANON 4 PRESIDENT!!!1!!!" comments are one of the reasons that make Soulcalibur and Street Fighter fans laugh about Smash community. When Little Mac is announced, everybody was saying: "Who the **** is that retro gay character!? We want Goku!!". It just doesn't help.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I seriously don't get Captain Falcon and why Sakurai wasted another precious slot for such an insanely ridiculous character. He is annoying and weak, also falcoon puunch is not funny anymore. He got even WEAKER since we have characters like Little Mac, Palutena, Robin, shortly ubers. I don't understand how can people be okay with this? Some people are not okay with Rosalina, but this? Okay look, maybe his moveset is awesome(not that i think this way), then there is GANONDORF, which is at least from a main franchise. I think the latest F-Zero game was made in 2004 or something and (of course) nobody gave a damn about it. Okay i know, Ganondorf is slower, and then make him a little faster!? Hit 2 birds with 1 stone, get rid of a clone and eliminate the silliest character in Smash Bros. history?
Wasted a slot? You dont know what you're talking about. He's original 12. If anything, cut Jiggs. SHE'S the most riduculous character in Smash IMO. Not that ROB and WFT were riduculous, but they at least have charm. The 2004 F-Zero game is arguably the best racing game to exist.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Yes, Captain Falcon is insanely ridiculous, and that's exactly why he's so popular. I don't know anyone who didn't love how he parried Lucina's Shield Breaker with only his fist. He's just insanely funny, both in his extremely confident personality and his over-the-top moveset, and that's why we love him, there's only one man who marks his nipples and knees people into oblivion.
This. He has the largest ham of the cast, but he can back it up with his sheer fighting experience and power.

D

Deleted member

This. Also, the knee and falcon punch are insanely satisfying when you land them.:4falcon:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
A simple little solution to your little issue: Don't play as him!

Captain Falcon is one of those Smash fighters who people enjoy playing as, myself included even though I rarely use him but still a fun character to play as.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
What I don't get is the idea that one character being announced somehow "uses up" or "wastes" a "precious character slot". It's not like Captain Falcon, being playable somehow hurt the chances of Takamaru or Dr.Mario; more realistically, who makes it in and who doesn't was probably decided on a long time ago. There are rare exceptions, I feel like Lucina may be one. However, she still didn't bump anyone else out of the running. Furthermore, if you don't like a character you aren't required to play as them unless you want to get full 100% completion of the game and/or maximize your global smash power. Even then, the total playtime required with that character would only make up for a fraction of your experience.

Don't get me wrong here, i'm certainly not trying to put anyone on blast or anything, I just find it a little vexing when certain players talk about "character slots" like some MMORPG upgrade system or air on Mars.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I'm a big fan of Mario too. But I have to admit these "F-ZERO IS ****, LOVE MARIO & ZELDA GANON 4 PRESIDENT!!!1!!!" comments are one of the reasons that make Soulcalibur and Street Fighter fans laugh about Smash community. When Little Mac is announced, everybody was saying: "Who the **** is that retro gay character!? We want Goku!!". It just doesn't help.
Ugh, I despise those Goku fanboys with passion, added to those other fanboys that say "we want Tails" or "MASTER CHIEF4SMASH" the people will obviously laugh of the Smash community. Also, EgeDal, Captain Falcon is amazing, if you don't like him don't use him, period.

Last edited:

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I know how not to use Falcon if i don't like him, posts like " i like him because F-Zero is the best racing game ever" or funnies like " you're jelly because he is fab" are appreciated. If you check the posts i like on this thread, you can see i liked many posts that are logical or at least humorous, i am not a troll or hater as well, so i don't just strongly defend my opinion. But stop obvious advices, just tell me your ideas about why he is not a waste of slot, or why he is still important if you want to join the discussion, please.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
posts like " i like him because F-Zero is the best racing game ever" or funnies like " you're jelly because he is fab" are appreciated. If you check the posts i like on this thread, you can see i liked many posts that are logical or at least humorous, just tell me your ideas about why he is not a waste of slot, or why he is still important if you want to join the discussion, please.
*challenege accepted!*
Objective: Get EdgeDal to like this post!
*Super Smash Bros. Announcer voice*
3!
2!
!!
GO!
:4falcon:'s futuristic racing games are worthy of being in the top 10 if not the top 5 racing game franchises of all time. F-Zero if anything deserves more playable characters to represent themselves from their respected Universe franchises. There are some who don't know, but Falcon Punch was literally created & made-up by Sakurai himself when developing Super Smash Bros. 64, something F-Zero has never even done or heard of before. That spin-off of making Falcon Punch was so popular & liked by millions that even the Falcon Densetsu anime starring F-Zero itself with plot including :4falcon: himself aired in Japan 2003 & finished airing in 2004, showing a scene of Falcon Punched used on the last 51st episode. Falcon Punch, & Falcon Punch ALONE can be the only reason :4falcon: will never be a waste of a slot in Smash Bros.. That move was invented in the Smash Universe & will always come back in every Smash Bros. game ever. And just like :4falcon:'s legacy in his games, F-Zero's legacy is this quote,
F-Zero was one of the first in its kind as a futuristic arcade racing game. It inspired many franchises that came after it, including Daytona USA and the WipeOut series.
There's so many people that get excited when they hear of an official release of StarFox or F-Zero. Even if the games aren't getting made, further promotion of Falcon in Smash Bros. is just more pushing toward the fans wanting an F-Zero game more & more. That's a big reason why Falcon is still important.

These quotes can also be the only reasons he needs to be in Smash Bros.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
*challenege accepted!*
Objective: Get EdgeDal to like this post!
*Super Smash Bros. Announcer voice*
3!
2!
!!
GO!
:4falcon:'s futuristic racing games are worthy of being in the top 10 if not the top 5 racing game franchises of all time. F-Zero if anything deserves more playable characters to represent themselves from their respected Universe franchises. There are some who don't know, but Falcon Punch was literally created & made-up by Sakurai himself when developing Super Smash Bros. 64, something F-Zero has never even done or heard of before. That spin-off of making Falcon Punch was so popular & liked by millions that even the Falcon Densetsu anime starring F-Zero itself with plot including :4falcon: himself aired in Japan 2003 & finished airing in 2004, showing a scene of Falcon Punched used on the last 51st episode. Falcon Punch, & Falcon Punch ALONE can be the only reason :4falcon: will never be a waste of a slot in Smash Bros.. That move was invented in the Smash Universe & will always come back in every Smash Bros. game ever. And just like :4falcon:'s legacy in his games, F-Zero's legacy is this quote,

There's so many people that get excited when they hear of an official release of StarFox or F-Zero. Even if the games aren't getting made, further promotion of Falcon in Smash Bros. is just more pushing toward the fans wanting an F-Zero game more & more. That's a big reason why Falcon is still important.

These quotes can also be the only reasons he needs to be in Smash Bros.
Hey thanks for trying so hard to get liked by me, i appreciate it. Also, you're right, i like when Fox is in the game but he is in a similar condition as Falcon, so i know i should understand people now and this thread helped me about it. Thanks again.

P.S: You're not funny

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
:shades:~Thanks for Trying~:shades:
Also, you're right, i like when Fox is in the game but he is in a similar condition as Falcon, so i know i should understand people now and this thread helped me about it. Thanks again.
Haha I tried a bit on that because I didn't get a single reply from you when I first posted here. I wanted to get noticed was all.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
As per request of the thread's creator, this thread is now closed. Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom