• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I come to you with information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
*pulls out minigun and stands by FoxxehRoxxeh* Let's go! I think I'm gonna watch this guy. You never know, he MIGHT be right. Just like Bungie did. They had some guy go in and reveal facts about Halo 2 or three or something..for a while.

Puffs

Smash Ace
make fake account on popular forum, talk really serious and melodramatic, make outrageous claims that just happen to be very likely to start flame wars, then say you're leaving without a good reason

this man obviously speaks the truth

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I'm a messenger too!

I come to you with information. I cannot say who I am or how I got this information, and I understand that some of you will not believe me. By the end of next week you'll all see that I was telling the truth.

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS!!!
The guy who made this topic is lying.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
You only believe him cause he's being REALLY VAGUE. REALLY REALLY VAGUE.

Telling us things we already know. Or things we want to hear. So therefore we have more chance of believing them, cause we want to.

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
this is proobably i kid trying to get a joke, but i don't think he should have been banned...yet

Master Peach

Smash Ace
I don't buy everything that he's claiming, but I'll wait and see.

If it's crap then he can burn in hell for all I care.

But If he's right with the things he claims then all I can say is welcome aboard. But that's not very likely.

Revven

FrankerZ
The conference he speaks of is true, that's the 5th, next Wed. I'd say, wait until the end of the day next Wed. before jumping the gun and calling him a liar. He could have some nice info, but as he said, he doesn't know everything like the others claimed to have. I can see Nintendo revealing online next week in the conference, definitely, it's the only event they can until E4A and as far as I'm concerned, the beginning of September is a good time to confirm something like that so near and dear to Smashers for Brawl.

The Sonic...part...well, that's obvious. But, wouldn't it be cool if they treated the event like Nintendo World and we got a new trailer that showed Sonic at the end? That would be ... awesome, but, also, quite unlikely! =(

Let's wait and see guys, we have one more update on the Dojo tonight until next week's updates which can be ANYTHING!

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
Let me start with this. I can't say who I am or how I know what I know. I know you won't believe me due to the many spammers and trolls on this board, but I will still present to you what I know. Once again, don't ask how I know this information, because you will not get an answer. Just be happy I'm telling you this.

I have viewed these forums many times in the past and have chosen this board to post this information because of the large number of Smash Bros fans here. I intend to leak out various details about Super Smash Bros. Brawl in no particular manner or on no particular dates. Up until Brawl's release, I will tell you various bits of information and it's up to you whether you believe me or not. And lastly, some things may be things that are highly speculated and thus, may seem obvious. I am well aware of that, but I will post some information that confirms those highly speculated points.

I'll start by saying two things about Brawl. The first is that Super Smash Bros. Brawl is online. You will find out more next week from Nintendo. The second item is that SEGA has agreed to have a character of theirs in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I won't say which character, but there is one from SEGA coming. This character will be unlockable, as all third party characters will be.

And with that, I must go for now. I will return, though when I cannot say.

*The Hands... *

Let me start with this. I can't say who I am or how I know what I know.

I will tell you something and it's up to you whether you believe me or not. And lastly, it may be highly speculated and thus, may seem obvious.

YOU SUUUUUUUCK

And with that, I must go for now. I will return, though when I cannot say.

XD

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
well here is his roster for those of you not checking.

Well, it's time for me to reveal the starting line-up. I will tell you this first. You start out with 21 characters and you can unlock 25 more, so that makes a total of 46 characters. The starting characters are:

Mario
Bowser
Peach
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Fox
Pit
Yoshi
Ike
Marth
Lucas
Captain Falcon
Tom Nook

So, you guessed it. Some of the cut Melee characters are Ice Climbers, Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Young Link. And as an added bonus, I'll tell you that there are 3 third party characters (Snake is one). And there are more series that haven't been represented before that will be represented in Brawl as secret characters. That's all I got for you right now. I may be able to get some more soon, but I can't promise you that. And don't forget, Wednesday is the day you'll find out about online play. I'll leave you with this:

*The leader of...*
looks like total bull

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Wait, before we continue with this topic, I need a moderator to state why that person got banned. There shouldn't be any illegal reason why he got banned, that would just be power abuse. Because, in my opinion, there was never a rule which stated that you couldn't make these topics. They would at most be locked, nothing more. If he's a proxy however, it's alright to ban him, since proxies weren't allowed.

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
well i guess he also said some of the unlockables
Ok, my last post for the day since I can't post anymore. So, you know 21 of the characters. Well, I'm going to tell you a few secret characters that I know. SPOILER WARNING!

You already know about Snake. Well, some other characters are Jigglypuff, Luigi, Ganondorf, Game & Watch, Lucario, and Cel-Shaded Link. And for Aqua_adept, the Legend of Zelda characters in Brawl are Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, and Cel-Shaded Link. That's all, at least that I know of, since I don't know all the secret characters. That's all I can tell you today since GameFAQs won't let me post anymore.
i would also like to know why he got banned as that would totally finish this whole thing.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I need a moderator to state why that person got banned. There shouldn't be any illegal reason why he got banned, that would just be power abuse. Because, in my opinion, there was never a rule which stated that you couldn't make these topics. They would at most be locked, nothing more. If he's a proxy however, it's alright to ban him, since proxies weren't allowed.
Because he is obviously lieing for one. I wasn't the one who banned him, and I probably wouldn't have, but I don't blame the mod that did. It's just a sad attempt at attention really.

As it has been stated and restated, he's just making vague statements that people want to hear and are very likely (well, for the most part). Brawl being online has been confirmed in Japanese magazines, nor was there any significant evidence to truly point that it wouldn't be in the game in the first place. The fact that he claims Sega will have a character in Brawl is also a very likely scenario, especially given the fact that Mario and Sonic will appear in a Nintendo game together before Brawl's release.

He did make a very fatal mistake, and that is listing the character roster. If I were to believe ANY group that claims to have any inside information it would be Starman.net, and I'm fairly certain that they were hinting towards Lucas being in Brawl and Ness being taken out. This guy didn't list Ness as being taken off the roster, and he also has some other questionable characters on it as well.

Nintendo themselves said there would be 2-3 3rd party characters, and it's not too hard to make a statement like there being 3.

All in all, don't be fooled. This likelihood that Nintendo would allow for information to be leaked on this game by some random BAFOON who posts his findings on various existing smash forums is so incredibly low, and on top of that the guy is being way way way overdramatic about it. He's obviously hamming things up for effect.
[edit]
I just read his posts on GameFAQs. Wow, it's so ****ing obvious. The guy is speaking in riddles and ****, and acting like some kind of prophet. Honestly, people are soooooo gullible. If someone had insider information and wanted to spread it, they wouldn't be leaving parts of messages at the bottom of his posts that spell out "The hands will fight once again." when you combine them together.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
He's telling the truth, for I am the BrawlMessenger. I posted this on GameFaqs and I have not been banned from there. It is my intention to spread the word of giving helpful hints to what will be in Brawl.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
SWF should have a function that senses when a troll comes claiming to be some sort of brawl prophet, and auto closes their thread as well as Banning the troll.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I'm going to wait till Wednesday, when he will be exposed as fake or real.
So if his incredibly predictable claim that Nintendo will announce Brawl's online play Wednesday comes true then you will believe him? Honestly... If I said that Captain Falcon is guaranteed as a starter on the roster would you think I was a "brawl prophet" even though it's extremely obvious that he will be in the game?

Seriously, I feel for you guys that are so gullible. One of these days someone is going to really take advantage of that, and it won't be some punk online.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Mookierah: I saw those posts on Gamefaqs, too. What a load of bull. "The Hands..."

He thinks he's some kind of mystic hero.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
He thinks he's some kind of mystic hero.
Qft man. Qft. It's like he thinks he is this whimsical magic ninja that glides down to our window and tells us the secrets of the universe. Alas, he cannot simply give us a straight answer half the time, he has to obscure it with superfluous words and stupid phrases that are part of a larger message.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I think the starting roster sounds believable. I've seen a few prophets, and there lists are always completly off. I think you guys may have been to hasty in banning him. I remember I was at the Nsider forums and a few months before Melee a guy had a character list and we made fun of him and said "LOL Dr. Mario? Who the hell is Roy? Ha. Loser."

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
I can't take it anymore. There have been like ten "messengers" in the past two weeks. Almost all proven to be full of s***. I really dont care whether or not ur telling the truth, I WANT PROOF! Im not beliving anything anymore without PROOF. I would rather you n not tell us anything at all, if you can't back it up. Because then your then your the same as any other troll, truth or not. Unless i see a **** screen soon i want this thread cancelled.

(Rant powers deactivate)

D

Deleted member

LMAO.

I was half believing him at one point too.

I think we can be sure of a correct information when characters that NOBODY has ever heard of/wanted appear on an otherwise sensible list. Like they said, Roy and Dr Mario in Melee?

Hejiru

Smash Ace
So if his incredibly predictable claim that Nintendo will announce Brawl's online play Wednesday comes true then you will believe him? Honestly... If I said that Captain Falcon is guaranteed as a starter on the roster would you think I was a "brawl prophet" even though it's extremely obvious that he will be in the game?

Seriously, I feel for you guys that are so gullible. One of these days someone is going to really take advantage of that, and it won't be some punk online.
No, because we all know capt. falcon is going to be in, and will likely be online. But we have no idea when they will annouce the online, so if he predicted the exact day, then I will be surprised.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Lol.
A detailed list of today's dose of prognostication from the Great Prophet himself.
-Asserted Mewtwo was cut
-Said Ness was replaced by Lucas
-Wolf O'Donnel is, according to him, unlockable
-Said King Dedede was unlockable
-Said Geno was in as a third-party character
-Claimed that Isaac from Golden Sun and Andy from Advance Wars were both in as unlockables.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I can't believe half of you are falling for this. Even I could prophesies this. He's mearly pointing out the really obvious characters or bringing up rumours which have been circulation for a long time. Nothing new!

EDIT:

What?? The SAME DAY Nintendo is holding a conference?? How could he have guessed that?? It's not as though we all have computers connecting us to some sort of web like thing where we can get unlimited amounts of information..

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Thats it, i refuse to believe anyone on anything that is brawl-related except Sakurai himself.

Want to come in and tell me you know the starting roster? show me a **** screenshot.

EDIT: all that frustration just screwed up my spelling skills, lol.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's roster not rooster! >_<

Anyway, having heard what he says now I can't take him seriously anymore. Though, I wouldn't doubt online being announced at the conference because they're dealing with games that are releasing from October to December unlike E3's coverage of games from this summer to fall.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
It's roster not rooster! >_<

Anyway, having heard what he says now I can't take him seriously anymore. Though, I wouldn't doubt online being announced at the conference because they're dealing with games that are releasing from October to December unlike E3's coverage of games from this summer to fall.
Oh snap, nice catch, i totally missed that. And yes, all of this crap is pissing me off...well, at least he is not gonna bother us here... better gamefaqs than us.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
At least it will only be five days until we know.
Even then, that might just prove that he managed to get ahold of a small bit of proprietary information.
Anyway, it's fun to mock him.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I half-believed him but I don't now. I say..he's lying. I mean, he can just wait till Wednesday afternoon, and after he gets any information at all, he's gonna post it. At least on GameFAQS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom