• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't touch the ground.

Keenetrial

Smash Rookie
Whenever I am sent flying away and my enemy is on a platform or on the ground and im going down I cannot touch the ground, even if i try going another direction or attacking my enemy's upper attacks always seem to have priority and they can move so fast over one corner of the map to another so I can't really go anywhere, so how do I play that I really don't know this is my first smash

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
Well, in general you have to try to be tricky about it and try to make the opponent think you're doing one thing, but do something else. Sometimes going to the ledge isnthe best option, or landing on a high platform and then suddenly going left or right to another platform or the ground. Of course, if you're playing against the CPU, they can't really be tricked, and they're pretty smart in this game unfortunately.

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
Landing can be rough depending on your character and the character you are fighting. Suggestions I have are falling as far from the opponent as possible, timing your air dodge, going for the ledge, or contesting with an aerial. Learn what your character can do, and learn the timing on your opponent's attacks.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
TC the physics/gameplay of this game is garbage .

CruS

Smash Rookie
That's what smash is about. Get your opponent off stage (sideways, or upwards) and keep them there.

You have to trick your opponent to be able to get back. Unless you are Zelda then you just teleport back ;)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
If you're using a superheavy, try going for the ledge and getting up from there instead of landing normally.

Top Bottom