• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't figure out how to approach at all...

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Lately I've been losing constantly when I should be destroying certain people & it's all because I can't figure out how to approach people. These are the ways I generally approach and why they don't work:

shfair: I get shield grabbed/SD'd every time.
SHNair: Same as the first
Arrows till they come to me: They'll always dish out their strongest attack on me while shooting or they can just shield/reflect & force me to approach.
Wingdash approach: they dash me or use a longer ranged hit. It almost never works for me.
Dash Attack: Do I even need to explain this one?

I really need some tips, thanks!

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Who are you trying to approach? Also if they are able to hit their strongest attack on you while your raining them with arrows, you need to learn when to stop using the arrows and attack.....

Try to sh Bair them? try to Angel Step dtilt them?

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
SHn-air shouldnt be able to be Shieldgrabbed in most cases its pretty safe. Also You can Shn-air over your opponent make it hard for them to shield Grab you. also if they spotdodge it You can attack them by the time you land. (i like to f-smash)
if the guy loves to shieldgrab run and grab him! lol =) Vs tall people My new apporach is a fullhop d-air their Head. most times i prefer to do the run..roll..d-tilt or the n-air. The n-air Is really good Its actuallly very hard to punish. Most reflectors can be Broken from the head and always bend your arrows to make them a Head or toe shot. To hit their Head (falcos, foxes,Pit) simply do a shorthop or fullhop and shoot and bend it. Or arrow Loop =)
The best apporach is a walking PowerShield ofcourse

kupo15

Smash Hero
two things:

SH nair behind them to utilt
SH fair so the edge of the hitbox connects then DI back out of grab reach

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
2nd one's good but the thing w/ the first is that I have an insanely hard time tilting instead of smashing...

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
hmm not a bad idea. the reason so is I didn't really know ANYTHING about competitive gaming until about 2007 so I never played melee or 64 competitively and just for fun, so I never actually knew how to play well at all and I would NEVER tilt. Brawl is def. the first big "Playing for competition" smash game ever, so I still have just a little bit of noobishness left in me I'm trying to get out.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Bait them, Sh nair, or just Sh and dip back outta of their grab reach if, they try to grab connect with a fSmash, if they step dodge hit them with a A-infinite, or an Angel Ring.
If they have a tether grab, better to Sh Nair and land behind like kupo said.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
approaches i like are glide shifts, short hop arrows to dash attack. Umm sliding f tilt are pretty good too. Also just jumping at them, making them swing while u jump again and attack from there. Tons of stuff u can do. Lots of them are just mind gamey.

Top Bottom