• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i apparently have a "gay" ganon style

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
i have been told that the combos that i sometimes do to the "higher tier" characters are "cheap" or "unfair". just to really anger my friends, does anyone have any really reliable combos that will make them cry? i already do gimpy stuff vs falco and fox like backthrow on the edge then uair, or if they chose to not jump then i ledgehop a uair. post your most reliable combos plawks. :)

chaddd

Smash Lord
Sounds to me like you're beating some scrubs because 'cheap' and 'unfair' in a game like Smash Brothers sounds like some serious scrub talk.

mog87

Smash Ace
I think if you like cg to 90 and fsmash shes pretty much dead on FD and any other stage with a ceiling smaller. You could also purple fire kick them...obviously there are other options dependant on DI.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Sounds to me like you're beating some scrubs because 'cheap' and 'unfair' in a game like Smash Brothers sounds like some serious scrub talk.
with the exception of one person, i play against some pretty decent people. the only reason i say people say that they say unfair and cheap is because everytime i kill them, its a total john fest 2007. thanks for the tips guys and i played my friends sheik and he did indeed get CG-Death :chuckle:

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Heh, that attitude usually isn't very helpful for them. Of course there's nothing wrong with playing different matchups or trying to switch up your style, but usually when people cry out "gay" or "cheap", they are too frustrated to actively try to counter it. Instead, they make the same mistakes, and this only adds to their frustration.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Yeah, I play 3 sheik players that get really frustrated on my ganon. One of them always ends up saying that Ganon is soo much faster than sheik (he isn't pro), the second one beats me most of the time, but when I do, it is sick combo after sick combo. He then growls and says that this is so frustrating. To win, I have to avoid getting hit entirely, cuz one grab leads to death against sheik :(.

The last one just plays defensively, throwing needles till I get close, then he grabs and d-throws. He doesn't chaingrab, but if I tech in place, he needles me with whatever he has charged, if I roll away, he needles, if I roll toward, he dsmashes, if i don't tech, he needles....this sheik just pisses me off, lol.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
the sheik i play against is getting way too good he started out kinda noobish but now its rediculous how goods he's getting. he chaingrabs me to death and his tech chasing is almost perfect for some reason. i can beat him but its a hard win. i dont like to CG but against sheik i get past it and CG to death. the falcos i play are somewhat easier just because i can get around them easily most of the time. fox is kinda the same but a little harder. i will hopefully have some vids of me vs them soon. we have been recording like crazy in between class so i hope we get them up soon

Top Bottom