• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am pissed off.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Not at anyone on these boards.

I am pissed off that someone broke into my car that has been sitting in front of my house.

I have lived in this house for 25 years, never had a problem. Now all of a sudden, my Ipod and my Transpod are gone, not to mention the mess they left in the car.

Un****ingbelievable.

I filed a police report and everything, but I don't know what will become of it. Has anyone ever had this happen to them before? If so did they catch the person who did it?

Man this sucks.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Dont count on the theif getting caught by the police. If anything, it'll be a civilian who takes him down as he commits a similar act of burglary, and that's only if the thief gets careless. Then they'll search his home for your stuff.

I've never been robbed, but my English teacher did and a good thing too. He had his backpack stolen at a concert which held all our class' English tests which the majority of us bombed on. It's like the robber was an angel sent from above to save us all. ^_^

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
My car was broken into at school, and insurance covered the brick threw my windshield, and my warantee got me a new iPod free and clear. i did lose my DS and some cash though. i hope it works out for you.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
That's a shame, but risking sounding like a jerk, you probably shouldn't leave valuables in cars, no matter where you live. Cars with their super see-through windows... I live and go to school in downtown Houston where people get mugged and cars get broken into/stolen every day, so I've learned to be extra cautious and careful all the time.

Chances are you won't get your stuff back. I've never heard of anyone I know getting their stuff back from thieves like that. But, yeah dude, get pissed now, but next time just be a bit safer with important things.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Yeah I know, but it wasn't left out, it was in the center console. I must have left the door unlocked, there was no forced entry.

Man, I just can't believe it though, it ****ing sucks so bad.

Jammer

Smash Lord
I've never been robbed, but my English teacher did and a good thing too. He had his backpack stolen at a concert which held all our class' English tests which the majority of us bombed on. It's like the robber was an angel sent from above to save us all. ^_^
Sounds to me like it's more likely the robber was a student sent from the classroom to save you all.

Sorry that happened to you, FireWater. I know how it feels to have a bike stolen, but never a car, and never two things at once (car and iPod).

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I can emphasize how awesome costco's (like a bj's club type store) warantee is on iPods. i remember it being expensive, but its no questions asked replacement if you have the receipt or original packaging.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Yeah but it was a present from girlfriend at the time, actually both were.

I think it was this white trash kid from up the block, something was always weird about him, he always seemed shady. I hope the cops definitely find whoever did it. I would definitely prosecute to the fullest extent of the law, regardless of who it was, or whatever sob story he or she gave me.

MVPaintballer

the lil d that could
What the hell was your ipod doing in your car lol?
With the sunlight n heat from being in there it looked like it didn't have much life left anyway.

buttt..............

sucks, never been robbed or anything like that..I take alot of precautions =p

however i do have a pretty funny story

At school my friend got his ipod mini jacked when we were in gym class. funny thing is he was gonna get a new one since his looked like ****. It had cracks all over the screen so you couldn't see what your playing and stuff, however they still stole it and his phone (which mysteriously came back without the SIM card... lol?)

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Ipod was in the center console, not in plain view.

They tossed the console, and my backpack that was in there, thank god the semester was over.

It was a stupid thing, but given the circumstances, I didn't feel it was neccessary to remove it from my car.

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
Well, now you know better.

My father is extremely cautious about such things, to the point of almost being obsessive-compulsive. Just yesterday I had to argument with him for a while because he hated the idea of me leaving headphones in the back seat (cheap little $20 things) before finally 'compromising' that I hie it under the seat and cover it up with a jacket. It annoys me to no end, but I have to admit it has also helped me avoid any situations like this.

A few weeks ago actually, someone tried to break into my grandfather's house at night while he was there. Some lady was "trying a bunch of keys" to open the front door. He just sat on the other side of it with his loaded shotgun an plainly told her if she opened that door, she was dead. The lady wasn't dumb enough to open the door (or more likely couldn't), but she didn't leave either, and eventually the cops hauled her away.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Back in 2001 I had my laptop and some CD's stolen out of the backseat of my car. It was the only time I had ever left it out there. I knew who did it and the cops still couldn't get anything done with the case.

Never say never, but most likely they wont be caught. Hopefully your insurance might cover some of it. Thankfully mine (state farm) covered pretty much all of it. I'm sure you've contacted your company by now, but just in case you haven't, give it a shot.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
I've never had this problem before though I know those who have, however I hope you are able to get your stuff back. Be a little more careful next time is all I can really say.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I am pissed off that someone broke into my car that has been sitting in front of my house.

I have lived in this house for 25 years, never had a problem. Now all of a sudden, my Ipod and my Transpod are gone, not to mention the mess they left in the car.
Same thing happened to me, except I'd only lived in this house for 3 years at the time, and I left my doors unlocked. =/

But still, I live in a residential area, in the barren deserts of Utah.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Yeah it just sucks. What sucks even worse that my deductible is $500, so it doesn't even pay to file an insurance claim.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Though this isn't nearly as crazy, back in 4th grade we had those desks with the tops that could be flipped open so you could put belongings in there. Well, they had us do the whole class rotation thing back then where you'd switch teachers for each class to prepare us for middle school. So, I was trading Pokemon cards with my friends that morning, and I stupidly left the cards and another Pokemon book in my desk. When I came back at the end of the day, they were all gone. I caught the guy who had stolen them, but my principal and teacher wouldn't do anything about it because I didn't have my name on it. I was so angry at the both of them.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Yeah I just talked to two of my neighbors, they told me that this white trash girl up the street was under house arrest and hangs out with a lot of wannabe gangsters from the low-income section of town.

It was probably one of her friends who did it. Her neighbors directly next to her call the cops there all the time because they are out all hours of the night drinking beers and causing a ruckus.

There is very little I can do, other than watch outside at night to see if anyone who is walking around shouldn't be walking around.

Man this still sucks.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
This is the reason I always try not to leave any valuables in the car. When I was a kid I had my Gameboy stolen from my car when I left it inside when me and my parents went into a store. Since then, I always hide valuables under some old newspaper or some random thing left in my car.

Top Bottom