• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

Darksilver77

Smash Rookie
Firstly sorry for posting this on the sheik character discussion page. Im still new to the forum. So will be more careful in future.

Secondly, cheers for watching and giving me your input. Im still improving with Sheik so im glad to see you enjoyed the vid.

Thanks

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
So here's something cool.

I got my Shiek Amiibo (<3) yesterday and have spent a good bit of time training her up. Something I've noticed is that it's a great way to point out the little things that I do wrong, like trying to force an up smash or not chasing off-stage. What was especially telling was when we both threw grenades at each other at the same time. I was trying to do a longer bouncing fish, and I had screwed up enough to make her think that it was something I wanted her to learn.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So here's something cool.

I got my Shiek Amiibo (<3) yesterday and have spent a good bit of time training her up. Something I've noticed is that it's a great way to point out the little things that I do wrong, like trying to force an up smash or not chasing off-stage. What was especially telling was when we both threw grenades at each other at the same time. I was trying to do a longer bouncing fish, and I had screwed up enough to make her think that it was something I wanted her to learn.
lol, it's going to be funny when it starts killing it's self off stage after failed BF's. If I had a Sheik Amiibo I would never use side B and if I ever did I would immediately wipe all it's memory and start teaching it again.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Hello,

I saw a Sheik amiibo yesterday at my local electronics store so I decided to pick it up and start playing Sheik.

Wow, I really missed out! The speed, rushdown and combo potential is just insane and every KO feels like the result of honest work, therefore it's so satisfying to score one.

I guess I stick around with Sheik for a little while :-)

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Hi! Welcome to the boards man; enjoy the stay.

On another note, I finally came through and won a tournament today beating LeoHeart, True Blue, 8bitman, Nick Riddle and MVD twice in GF. I was actually able to play "theory" Sheik for this period of time so it was neat having access to the best character in the game. It was also an endurance run because the last 5 sets were all 3-2 wins so 25 matches of theory Sheik.

The lame part though, no videos were saved "my fault but I was literally coming apart from stress from theory Sheik so I forgot lol" and there wasn't a stream so that option isn't there either.

I now need a nap. My head hurts.

RenoInMO

Smash Cadet
NNID
ren0ace
3DS FC
4012-4805-5800
Switch FC
SW-3645-4546-0992
Picked up sheik as a full on main a little while ago, and I struggle to be able to kill opponents. Have lost some pretty disappointing matches because of it. I also struggle heavily against little Mac, and I know I shouldn't be. Any tips people are willing to throw out I'd very much appreciate.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Picked up sheik as a full on main a little while ago, and I struggle to be able to kill opponents. Have lost some pretty disappointing matches because of it. I also struggle heavily against little Mac, and I know I shouldn't be. Any tips people are willing to throw out I'd very much appreciate.
You gotta have a good baiting game sometimes. Fthrow, jump (short hop), fast fall and try to sweetspot with Usmash, it kills pretty early (in sheik's standards anyway).. dthrow into vanish (after jumping) can work too, or dthrow to uair, but sometimes you gotta bait the air dodge.

edgeguarding is also one of sheik's best ways of killing. bouncing fishes off-stage are also amazing.

for little mac, use needles, juggle him, don't be afraid to take your distance, and most of the time you won't need to use your smash attacks. gimping mac is like ridiculously easy and all you gotta do is watch for the counters.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Warning Received
sorry to double post but,

@ Tristan_win Tristan_win bro, I was messing around the other day on for glory and managed to pull off a fthrow -> fair -> quick fall uair to spike and then managed to sneak another grab, so it works like chaingrabbing. identical to the combo pulled off by nietono here.

would this be worth looking into? I don't really have much time to test but I thought it was pretty interesting. If not then I'll test it myself when I'm free next week.

edit: ok I quickly tested it, kinda doesn't work at all lol.

Last edited:

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
So theory Sheik, is a mythical creature that uses every ability that we know of to the fullest of ability. Theory Sheik is the best character in this game but it's such a stress to access this character.
If you went to game 5 in ever match you probably either weren't playing theory Sheik to her fullest extend or not playing her all the time. Theory Sheik should not loose a single match. Probably.
Still awesome hearing you doing this. I'm looking forward to seeing some of this theory sheik in the future.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
sorry to double post but,

@ Tristan_win Tristan_win bro, I was messing around the other day on for glory and managed to pull off a fthrow -> fair -> quick fall uair to spike and then managed to sneak another grab, so it works like chaingrabbing. identical to the combo pulled off by nietono here.

would this be worth looking into? I don't really have much time to test but I thought it was pretty interesting. If not then I'll test it myself when I'm free next week.

edit: ok I quickly tested it, kinda doesn't work at all lol.
The video helped a lot, when you did your quick testing were you trying to hit with Fair weak hit box or strong? Because from the look's of it in the video weak is happening. It makes me wonder if it's possible to constantly get weak hit fair's into uair from dthrow or toward DI fthrow.

Such mastery would be amazing and would increased combo's damage by 4% but I can see it being fairly difficult to do constantly.

Last edited:

?.?

Smash Journeyman
I mean technically it is a combo... Just a really really bad and unreliable one that is by no means competition worthy lol.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Hey Sheik Thread! I'm Ekans. I've been playing Sheik for a while and am confident with how well I picked her up. However, I'm looking to improve my Sheik even more. I believe there is a Sheik AT guide somewhere. Do you know where I'd find that? I lok forward to becoming a member of the community here.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Hey Sheik Thread! I'm Ekans. I've been playing Sheik for a while and am confident with how well I picked her up. However, I'm looking to improve my Sheik even more. I believe there is a Sheik AT guide somewhere. Do you know where I'd find that? I lok forward to becoming a member of the community here.
Well if you back up to the sheik forum overview you'll find a stickied thread which is exactly what you need... In addition I recommend checking out Tristans list of good posts (which you'll also find stickied). Welcome to sheik and the best board ever.

Edit: turns out that AT thread was unstickied and linked in Tristans thread... My bad. Here are the two links respectively

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ed-techniques-combos-and-tricks-wii-u.371988/

http://smashboards.com/threads/sheikah-catalog-time-to-step-up-your-game.387205/

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2DV4ukUHlQ

the trailer for a local tournament I'm going to next saturday... playing as Sheik of course lol.
Save some replay's I'd love to see how good Sheik players play.

So I've been having a lot of trouble KO'ing with Sheik. I know she's a quick character and isn't supposed to be KO'ing early, but I just can't seem to get one, especially against heavyweights like Bowser.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Save some replay's I'd love to see how good Sheik players play.

So I've been having a lot of trouble KO'ing with Sheik. I know she's a quick character and isn't supposed to be KO'ing early, but I just can't seem to get one, especially against heavyweights like Bowser.
Kill setups (Things like Dtilt -> Uair, Fair->BF?, Needles->BF) seem to be the most important thing by far; learn when they kill, and learn them well.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
You pretty much need a hard read or a situational set up to actually get kills, or just get them to high enough %s that they die to just about anything anyways lol. The last one is a bit riskier due to rage though. Generally most of your kills will come from edgeguarding though, but i've found baiting airdodges out of fthrow above platforms(and sometimes without) can help you hit the earlier killing moves like usmash and fsmash. If you do it above a platform and they airdodge they get the full landing lag of it which leaves a lot of room to get a fsmash or to land on the platform for an fsmash(mostly just useful for the SV platform when it's close to a blast zone).

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Kill setups (Things like Dtilt -> Uair, Fair->BF?, Needles->BF) seem to be the most important thing by far; learn when they kill, and learn them well.
How do you set-up Needles --> BF? Do you have a video of it?

Dyce

Smash Cadet
You need to full hop and press b at about the same time. It's a true combo at higher percentages. Works decently if they shield and don't expect a bouncing fish follow up.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
You need to full hop and press b at about the same time. It's a true combo at higher percentages. Works decently if they shield and don't expect a bouncing fish follow up.
Is there a guide for this? Do I have to angle the Bouncing Fish?

Dyce

Smash Cadet
For the most part, if you're close enough to Full Hop Needle and it attacks them, a Bouncing Fish right after should be properly spaced. I've tried this on many characters, short and tall, light and heavy.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
For the most part, if you're close enough to Full Hop Needle and it attacks them, a Bouncing Fish right after should be properly spaced. I've tried this on many characters, short and tall, light and heavy.
I tried doing this, but I could never find an opening to use it. Is there a video of this?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Doesn't have to be full hop it just has to be aerial needles without you landing on the ground. FH needles is just the normal way to go about it.

Darksilver77

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

I went on eventhubs and looked up the sheik match up list and it says Olimar is no.2

My friends olimar gives me trouble sometimes as he throws the pikmin onto me to rack up damage and at times negate needle pressure and sometimes approaching is difficult as he can just throw a pikmin to stop me dashing.

Any tips on fighting Olimar mains?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2DV4ukUHlQ

the trailer for a local tournament I'm going to next saturday... playing as Sheik of course lol.
Scored 2nd in that tournament. Lost to a pretty good fox that knocked me to the loser's bracket and then won in grand finals :/ I did manage to reset the bracket at the end though, but lost at the 2nd bo5, 3-1.

sucks to get 2nd place man

Last edited:

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Look at it this way, you were the 2nd best there... That means you don't have much ground to cover to be the best... Just suck it up and learn from it :D. But yeah I know what you mean, I've gotten 2nd a few times and it doesn't feel good.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
These are the grandfinals: http://www.twitch.tv/brianvondoom/b/630874446

I was doing so well in the first set but then I choked pretty badly :/

I recognize some of my mistakes and I feel like I rolled a bit too much, and more than I'm used to lol

(if you're gonna comment on popping the balloon then I was hoping I'd catch fox off-guard with the 2nd kick of bouncing fish but I got punished hard for attempting that once @_@)

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Pretty impressive stuff bro, looks like there's a face in Ireland to keep an eye out for... And nah I've actually used that approach a few times, of course only on newer players... About choking, my first few matches in any tournament are pretty shi*** and then I realize I'm having fun and start bodying people. That of course usually results in a loss of my 2nd set which blows but the point is learning what causes your choking is important. Ever since I learned that I choke under the startup of adrenaline I've been practicing just having fun my first few matches (don't take as seriously). Look forward to seeing more of your sets in the future.

Top Bottom