• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian presents: The NT Spike. *Updated with Video*

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
NNNT! (Nice, not new though)

*sulk* is there a way to get your replays running on your PC without using a Video camera?

=_='

infomon

Smash Scientist
Sadly, Brawl's "videos" are just the move sequences needed to recreate a match, so you can't save videos to SD card and hope to rewatch them on a computer or something :(

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Sadly, Brawl's "videos" are just the move sequences needed to recreate a match, so you can't save videos to SD card and hope to rewatch them on a computer or something :(
that sux :(

QUESTION:
is there any reason why this WOULDN'T work? i know i've done this before, but sometimes (i don't know why) Popo holds them even after Nana's spike, and by the time Nana recovers, the have a grab break. Why does this happen?
Your opponent MUST hang over the edge with their feet dangling! then it will spike 100% =)

TKD

Smash Lord
The fthrow spike can be DI'ed out of at certian %'s. The NT spike can never be escaped.
It's fthrow+shorthopped fair, it CANNOT be DI'ed out of. No throw spike allow for easy grab breaks from low to mid percentages.

The fthrow+spike is performed like this:

Popo is grabbing.
Tap Y (Nana's shorthop)
Press forward+A (your fthrow command and Nana's fair command together)
Make Nana DI just a bit backwards, or alot against D3/DK, or FORWARDS in the edge of Yoshi's Story.

I know what I'm talking about. No throw SUCKS. Hard. Fthrow+spike is the correct method.

I should make a chaingrabbing guide. Just to put an end to these outdated discoveries.

EDIT: Well sorry, my fault actually. I'm supporting the MK community much more than the IC. I went with the flow because the MK community is much more active. It even gets a lot of guests.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's fthrow+shorthopped fair, it CANNOT be DI'ed out of. No throw spike allow for easy grab breaks from low to mid percentages.

The fthrow+spike is performed like this:

Popo is grabbing.
Tap Y (Nana's shorthop)
Press forward+A (your fthrow command and Nana's fair command together)
Make Nana DI just a bit backwards, or alot against D3/DK, or FORWARDS in the edge of Yoshi's Story.

I know what I'm talking about. No throw SUCKS. Hard. Fthrow+spike is the correct method.

I should make a chaingrabbing guide. Just to put an end to these outdated discoveries.

EDIT: Well sorry, my fault actually. I'm supporting the MK community much more than the IC. I went with the flow because the MK community is much more active. It even gets a lot of guests.
Are you seriously trying to explain one of the most simple and common IC tactics to me? I've been doing that since before the game came out in America. I know what I'm talking about thanks.

Can you give me ANY reason to do Fthrow spike INSTEAD of the NT spike?
Let me do it for you actually.
1. If you mess up your spacing with the CGs so that they are not far enough out to spike then you should throw them instead.

2. They are at low %s.

Thats it. Any other situation the NT spike is clearly better. And good players won't BE in situation one, as for 2 they will just Bthrow and continue CGing.
Let me explain to you how throw spikes can be DI'ed out of. The entire hitbox for Nana's fair does not spike. Only a certain portion of it. If you are hit by the non-spiking portion of the hitbox then you will be sent up and away. You can DI the Fthrow to aim for this portion of Nana's hammer. What you have to do is look to see how far they make nana jump to spike you and DI accordingly. They can alter where nana spikes, but you can also alter your DI, so it becomes a guessing game of sorts.

When you use the NT spike, your opponent doesn't have the option to try and DI out, they get spiked 100% of the time. Not only that, they HAVE to smash DI if they want to walltech. The throw spikes can be wallteched with just normal DI.

NT Spike > Throw Spikes.

Top Bottom