• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Huge Johnz 1: Portage, IN tournament Jan.6th confirmed date and venue

BIG C

Smash Master
2596-5 Portage Mall
Portage, IN 46368

Date: jan 6th 2007

Time: 11 am central-whenever it ends
KFC and MCDonalds very near to venue

entrance fees:
$5 cover charge for venue
$10 for singles
$20 for teams
prices subject to change if ppl ***** bout it alot (maybe)

SINGLES RULES
Double Elimination
best of 3 until finals. Winner's finals, loser's finals, and the finals are all best of 5.
4 stock, 8 minute time limit
Neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland64, PokeStadium, Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Termina, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Venom, Onett, MKI, MKII, and Yoshi's Island 64.
Advanced slob picks: Loser picks stage, winner changes character, loser changes character
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Ties broken by stock/percentages
No items
No in-game coaching is allowed. Coaching is only allowed between matches, and the player and coach may only discuss for a maximum of 1 minute.

DOUBLES RULES
Double Elimination
Matches are best of 3 until finals. Winner's finals, loser's finals, and the finals are all best of 5.
4 stock, 8 minute time limit
Neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland64, PokeStadium
Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Termina, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Venom, Onett, MKI, MKII, and Yoshi's Island 64.
Advanced slob picks: Losers picks stage, winners changes characters, losers changes characters
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Ties broken by stock/percentages
No items
No in-game coaching is allowed. Coaching is only allowed between matches, and the player and coach may only discuss for a maximum of 1 minute.
Team Attack ON
Life Stealing Allowed

Other Rules & Special Issues

--No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series.
--Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned, not that anyone uses them.
--Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

BRING CUBES WE HAVE TVs

Confirmed Coming
1.BigC
2.Tink
7. GrandDuelistTrinity and w/e he brings
10. Viperboy
11. Ike and w/e else will come with viperboy
12. Trail
13. Hoefler
14. Cherokee Warrior
35. Capps
36. AS money
39. CunningKitsune
56. The Blackstar
57. Peter Chen
58. Coolgy023
61. Eddie AKA BigGman
62. Quaz
66. TRE1
67. CTip AKA New Marcus
68. Marth101
77. Jekyll

maybes
1-4 or 5 sazmus and his crew
6. Zec

8.Doggalina
9. Dope if he comes i assume joel will as well

15. Crashman
16. Sauce
17. Kaiser
18. Zig-Zag
19. Random
20. Zozefup
21. Vidjo
22. Pyro
23. Mike Jazzness
24. MikeG
25. GAwes
26. Bobby
27. some kid named Gary and maybe his friends
28. PC Chris
29. KirkQ
30. Rob Gambino
31. some st. louis smashers with zig-zag
32. BigD
33. Joe Bushman111
34. the COK if joe comes

37. Kel
38. Ignatius

40. Joshu
41. Kish²
42. AOB
43. MB-Smash
44. B-ryan
45. Jason
46. Hood
47. Husband
48. Wife
49. ViciousMistress
50. Dave with viperboy
51. Jiano
52-55. brightside and his friends

59. WuWu
60. Iamthemicrowave

63. WiseLugia
64. AC
65. Sveet

69. Amon Yakamoto
70. Buttram aka philip
71. co and me
72. Random Kill aka NEWO

74. dj asakura
75. JesusOmega
76. Pimp

78. Mrobinson
79. Mars~
80. Mune
81. Captain Awesome aka Captain afghanistan aka captain alqueda aka captain a$$hole aka captain amazing
82. Mendoza aka Mendozer aka dozer

mathos

Smash Champion
FoB5 is on December 2nd. So I don't think you should schedule something during that day.

BIG C

Smash Master
lol my bad i totally meant dec 9th BIG C typo and right now it doesnt even have to be in Dec. just w/e every1 can actually make it. cuz i want it to be big hopefully i can convince sazmus and them to come thats like 10 ppl right there

BIG C

Smash Master
actually i dont think it will be in Dec. unless it is dec. 9 unless Tj and tink dont go to WC in Dec. so lets just move discussion into january i guess

BIG C

Smash Master
well im trying to do that but idk when pplz breaks are i wanna do it the 16th but tink wont be here and more than likely he will be helping with funding. and i dont know how he will feel about doing that if he wont be there. thus y i need input cuz my break doesnt start til the 22nd and ends on like the 3rd or something like that.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
well im trying to do that but idk when pplz breaks are i wanna do it the 16th but tink wont be here and more than likely he will be helping with funding. and i dont know how he will feel about doing that if he wont be there. thus y i need input cuz my break doesnt start til the 22nd and ends on like the 3rd or something like that.
the 25th will work for me

AS Money

Smash Lord
hmm you know big c i think you and i may have switched left shoes at COK1 way back when it just dosn't feel right and it also looks slightly different and since you are the only other one in the mid west with similar shoes as me well i may have to come to this find out

GrandDuelist Trinity

Smash Cadet
if it's going to be at the KOC hall or the VWF hall i could look into that for you because my mom runs here bingo hall that night and if it's going to to be there i can bring at least 15 people or more because that's where all of my smash bros. BRos are lol so bring it.....
December is good for me except the 19th that's my B-day that saturday would be good... december,23rd, 2006 my friends were all talking about getting a vfw hall to play smash and other **** for 2 days straight and if that's possible i could get like 200 pcs of popeyes chicken 4 free... lol i got da hook up so hit me back with somthin!!!

viperboy_74

Smash Master
I'd love to go to west coast with you and Wayne. Make it during winter break.

so it looks like trail, me, tink, adam, aall wanna go... i have our last person...

snex!!! he said he would go.

that makes five... CALI HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets put a thread up so ppl can wish us luck!

BIG C

Smash Master
i wanna go to WC but i cant for xmas break is not long enough but really what about Jan. wut dates in Jan. would be good for ppl.... huh huh????

ALSO if tink and I get this torpedo ball table up and running for SMYM It will prolly be here so I'll tell chu dat and maybe he'll come...

ALSO for ppl that might travel to this I used to be MW housing extrordinaire(sp?) but now I am very limited on housing so ppl may have to stay at a hotel or at SHEP's bigger apartment he has. I found hotel rooms for as cheap as 109 and the next lowest price was 120 for ones close to us. yea

viperboy_74

Smash Master
yeah chu said if he comes to SMYM he'll team with me!!!

do it!!!!

lolz...

anyway, tink, trial, snex, hoefler, and i are driving from charleston Illinois to San Jose CA for NTC2 (blue version)

gonna be bad ***

saZmus

Smash Cadet
hey long time no see, for me and the rest of my crew anywhere between dec. 16th (i think) and jan. 6 is good for me, otherwise i'll be about 4 or 5 hours away, so if it's between those times it's good for me and the rest of my crew, i think i can bring 5, so it'll be pretty sweet if things work out, hope to see you guys then

... if u guys can see the banner... ignore it cause im too lazy to change it cause 1guy and nessticle can't seem to pick a main!

BIG C

Smash Master
ok i PMed GDT and he never responded so idk whats going on I still need an approximate count of guaranteed pplz. so post up if u can definitely come.

Tink

Smash Hero
yeah, ill be there too :DDD

for people that need hotels, im pretty sure that ive seen a motel 6(5 min. driving from us) for like 49.99 a night. pretty cheap, and it doesnt look bad or anything. also, ill talk to my crewmate SHEP for possbile housing as well. if anybodys going to come to this and is flying, ill be able to pick you up!!!!

FLY TO MIDWAY PLEASE!!!! midways sooo much closer! if you cant, thats fine to, but try for miway.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
i'll probably be here...

i gotta since it's the return to bus city!!!!

yeahuz!

lol :)

this'll be too fun

you can probably add ike to that list, and probably a guy named Dave who is gonna start travelin with me.

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
yeah, ill be there too :DDD

for people that need hotels, im pretty sure that ive seen a motel 6(5 min. driving from us) for like 49.99 a night. pretty cheap, and it doesnt look bad or anything. also, ill talk to my crewmate SHEP for possbile housing as well. if anybodys going to come to this and is flying, ill be able to pick you up!!!!

FLY TO MIDWAY PLEASE!!!! midways sooo much closer! if you cant, thats fine to, but try for miway.
hotel advice from tink? didnt you suggest sleeping in a fly infested semen laden hotel at fc6?

Top Bottom