• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Htting throught platforms

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This idea hit me when i found an interesting glitch with Bowser. Go to Bowser forums to find out.

Otherwise, i was thinking if it is possible to hit opponents with attacks THROUGH the thin part of the lower Battlefield platform.

Imagine using Link's dair through the platform, or Falcon's dair!!!

comments on this?

EDIT: found this vid on YouTube:
YLINK Stage Action Replay Mismatch Break the Targets

notice the box thingy with the target inside.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
well, even with the longest dair in the game, it would be pretty hard and ineffective. The size of Battle fields ends are actually a lot thicker than they seem. with Marth's dair, you can only get it under the ver end of the edge. Only then will the hitbox actually go all the wat through. This was all sen with AR.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yes, but with attacks with huge hitboxes, it might work. maybe a dthrow bobomb?

maybe a link dtilt?

Mooplet

Smash Journeyman
Uhh if the person was underneath the thin part of battlefield, theyre going to die very very soon, unless theyre like... i dont know, walljumping or something.

i would go with say, edgeguarding -.-;

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
This idea hit me when i found an interesting glitch with Bowser. Go to Bowser forums to find out.
I did. I didn't see anything relevant or which would otherwise make this thread any less non-sensical. Please provide a link next time.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol, phanna. btw, nice samus^_^

anyways....wait, maybe samus's dtilt?

maybe even peach's dsmash at the really thin parts.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Ganon and Falcon's d-air will connect through it. I've also stage spiked somebody using Shiek's down-air, because it popped them straight into the level and then back down.

Marth's d-air should do it if you time it right. I'm willing to bet that if you time it PERFECTLY Samus' d-air would hit as well.

There are some characters who can use moves from beneath it to connect, although so far I've only seen Mewtwo and Game and Watch use it with any kind of effectiveness (GaW - n-air, and M2 with u-air).

That's all I got.

Oh, and this sort of stuff also works on Rainbow Cruise on the left side of the ship (although here, you can also use Jigglypuff's u-air to hit from beneath the stage). I've used IC's d-tilt to stage spike somebody before, and you can also stab through it with Marth's d-tilt if you use the slope correctly.

On Pokemon Stadium, there are times when Marth can also stab his sword well beneath the level with d-tilt and f-smash because of inclines. This also works on Brinstar. Same for Roy, but he benefits less.

That's all I've got XD

phish-it

Smash Champion
You can also hit with pretty much any low hit box move on the KOngo Jungle 64 and Mute City Floors. But, we already know that.

Wobbles the Phoenix, Your signature is quite possibly the set of directions I've ever seen!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Guys, I dont know if you realize how thick the end of Battlefield really is. Just because a part of the character or weapon goes through, doesn't mean it really is. THe edge of Battlefield is the only part that an attack can FULLY penetrate. The sides of battlefield look about as thick as a bettlefield platform, but they really are about as thick as the head of the turtle in Termina Bay.

Roy/Marth Player.

Smash Apprentice
ummm no offense or anything but I really don't agree with this. I mean it isn't the best if I played these characters I really wouldn't use any of these techniques no offense. Its just that I mean some of those techniques are just ... But yeah it could be how other players play but I don't play like that, thats not my technique.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
EB360 may have a point...i think i'll check that with AR.
besides, they could ceiling tech.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Maybe if you laid out the chain with sheik they could hit it somehow.(maybe I didn't think this through enough)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yeah, im think that a bump might be beneficial. i found a vid on YouTube showing how you can hit throught platforms. in first post.

Top Bottom