• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would you feel about a Smashboards vs. GameFAQs tourney?

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Link to original post: [drupal=854]How would you feel about a Smashboards vs. GameFAQs tourney?[/drupal]

No, I probably won't hold one, but think about it.
Now most message board goers here have told me that GFaqs users are jerks. Well, as a member of both boards, I have to agree with you guys. But they are quite the brawlers.
GFaqs actually has their own online board where the they Brawl all day long, and they even have their own clans. But most important is their system of high figures. The users there have a Champion and a runner up for each character, and even the non-champs/ru's are tough.
So I was thinking. What if the confident cocky GameFAQs users and the less cocky, but just as good Smashboards users had a tourney? Who would come out on top? And what if the best <fill in the blank with a character> online user from Smashboards faced the best user from GFaqs of the same character? Would we see some sparks fly? Would they be even matches? Or would it be one sided?

What do you think?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Decent Smashboards players would destroy GameFaqs Elites.

But it's online, so who cares?

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Decent Smashboards players would destroy GameFaqs Elites.

But it's online, so who cares?
Then we take it somewhere that we can actually see who is the better.
Offline. I honestly don't think people who follow Gamefaq like a religion will do well in anything. (Why I say that? They compete online in Brawl. I'd LOVE to see them take our best on OFFLINE)

kr3wman

Smash Master
Also.

You have to notice the fact that Character 'Champions' are decided on dittos.

like wtf?

SothE700k

Smash Lord
The Beast Mode Smash Boards players would OWN GameFaq.. they think sonic is "top tier" ... Lol
...What? :confused:
I'm starting to think now the lot of them, if not, ALL of them are scrubs. "SONIC IS CHEAP DUDE!" I can see it now...

Just for kicks, where's Metaknight for them? Mid tier? -_-

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
...What? :confused:
I'm starting to think now the lot of them, if not, ALL of them are scrubs. "SONIC IS CHEAP DUDE!" I can see it now...

Just for kicks, where's Metaknight for them? Mid tier? -_-
Lol ... that was halrious I wanna go check where MK is for them .. even though he is probably first...

Im not hating on sonic .. but hes definitely not .. top tier...

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Lol ... that was halrious I wanna go check where MK is for them .. even though he is probably first...

Im not hating on sonic .. but hes definitely not .. top tier...
Oh no no no, I knew you weren't! I actually agree Sonic isn't all that good. Sorry for that.

Pfft, they're probably trying to say "MK has many weaknesses to overcome, the likes of Falco, Pit, and Olimar can stomp on MK" XD

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Oh no no no, I knew you weren't! I actually agree Sonic isn't all that good. Sorry for that.

Pfft, they're probably trying to say "MK has many weaknesses to overcome, the likes of Falco, Pit, and Olimar can stomp on MK" XD
LOL Pit? Oimar? Falco ROFL

Tennet

Smash Champion
This is funny...

doomsong123 from GFAQS said:
Falco is the third best character in the game. Without Meta Knight, he's the best. This is the common agreement, he definitely isn't too high. Link is garbage.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
They play online. We mostly play offline. They're different, like everyone says. Stop trying to compare them. They're basically really good casual players. They don't go to tournys.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Doomsong is a jerk. I've met him. :urg:
But I think you guys may be underestimating them a little bit *FLAME SHIELD*
Because some of them are intelligent, and skilled. Though their character to character population is small.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I cannot resist but pick on this guy right now...

doomsong123 from Gamefaq.com said:
Falco is the third best character in the game. Without Meta Knight, he's the best. This is the common agreement, he definitely isn't too high. Link is garbage.

Fox fits in better with Bowser and Ike than he does with Sheik and Pit, I'd say. It's really open for interpretation.

zooper the hedgehog

Smash Rookie
Never brawl'd em but this IS the LARGEST brawl community.From what im hearing we are both insanly good.And sonic's not bad you just gotta use him right.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It'd be funny, to say the least...

I never liked that place, so I wouldn't know how they are towards Smash Bros., except for the few times where I hear that they say Lvl. 9's can't be beat, etc.

SWF > GameFAQS

dela

Smash Cadet
Their forum is ugly with ads all over it. That automatically means SmashBoards wins.

Denzi

Smash Master
Their forum is ugly with ads all over it. That automatically means SmashBoards wins.
Please remember thst we're talking about Smash skill, not website awesomeness. We don't even need to think to know who wins that one :laugh:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
It'd be funny, to say the least...

I never liked that place, so I wouldn't know how they are towards Smash Bros., except for the few times where I hear that they say Lvl. 9's can't be beat, etc.

SWF > GameFAQS
There are n00bs here that say the same thing. That doesn't mean there aren't any good Brawlers there

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
They put a lot of stock into his tier list, though, which has several significant and glaring problems with it.
I didn't know he had one. I thought people followed silverflash's list. It's pretty good, and he does research on this board to make it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
There are n00bs here that say the same thing. That doesn't mean there aren't any good Brawlers there
I never said they were bad...I said it would be funny, that I didn't like the place, and that I saw them posting stuff saying LVL. 9's are hard to beat. (which was just a fad)

They probably have a few good people, but logic tells me that we obiously have more players then them, increasing our chances...plus we honestly do have better players.

No sense in arguing, they play online, we play offline, offline > online. (Most the time):lick:

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I used to post over there before I found SWF. Trust me, the caliber of players here is much higher.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
The only good tier list there is the one Silverflash makes. He does research on this board to get results. about 55% of the list is based off of tourneys, and the other 45% is based off of match-ups.

MK Tier:
Meta Knight

Top Tier:
Snake
Mr. Game and Watch
King Dedede
Marth
Wario
R.O.B.

Very High Tier:
Olimar
Falco
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Kirby
Peach

High Tier:
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Zelda/Sheik
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus

Mid Tier:
Pit
Sonic
Luigi
lke
Fox
Bowser

Low Tier:
Mario
Yoshi
Lucas
Ness
Link

Bottom Tier:
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Samus
Ganondorf

It's pretty good. The only issue I see is Falco being lower than he should be.

kr3wman

Smash Master
The only good tier list there is the one Silverflash makes. He does research on this board to get results. about 55% of the list is based off of tourneys, and the other 45% is based off of match-ups.

MK Tier:
Meta Knight

Top Tier:
Snake
Mr. Game and Watch
King Dedede
Marth
Wario???
R.O.B.

Very High Tier:
Olimar !??!
Falco ???
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Kirby
Peach

High Tier:
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Wolf !!!
Zelda/Sheik
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus

Mid Tier:
Pit
Sonic ...
Luigi
lke
Fox
Bowser

Low Tier:
Mario
Yoshi
Lucas
Ness
Link !!!

Bottom Tier:
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Samus
Ganondorf

It's pretty good. The only issue I see is Falco being lower than he should be.
Yeah.

Tons of glaring errors on that one too.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Well, He makes it differently than they do here, so things will switch up. But Silverflash is pretty smart, so I trust his judgement. He revises his list every so often from tourney/matchup results he gets here, so it's not liek he's blind.

Top Bottom