• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 How will you record your footage at Best Buy?

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
The title of the thread basically describes my question. I'm look to provide some footage for the Smashfest event at the Best Buy that I'm attending and I was wondering what are the different ways people will be providing videos. Will most people be recording from their phones? Will people bring cameras, tripods, etc? I'm kinda of assuming that we won't be able to stream any live video. Will we even be allowed to record anything? What are your plans and what should we as a community do to help provide the best footage we can?

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
I'll bring my trusty dependable camera. I don't have a phone that can be used as a camera, anyway. I think we'll be able to record because there will a lot of footage from the tournament anyway. Why bother hiding it?

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily wanting to hide it. I do have this fear/paranoia that someone official might say that you can't record anything, for some odd reason.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Wouldn't the BestBuy employees expect people to be recording and uploading footage? What notions of corporate espionage could come from content out of a publicly-released demo?

Anyways, I have a camera function on my phone to record video. Just not sure how I'll upload them, if at all. This is because I don't use an account for video sites such as YouTube or Dailymotion.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Not necessarily wanting to hide it. I do have this fear/paranoia that someone official might say that you can't record anything, for some odd reason.
Well, I actually have the same feeling too. I think we all do.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone got any of them thar Googly glasses to record wit'?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'll probably put a phone in a breast pocket.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
My friend Drake is gonna record a majority of the matches. We''re going 4 hours early, so we''ll be staying upfront recording everything.

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
I've only had to covertly film things a few times but I always use my older iPod nano that has the camera. Was only out for like a year, (I think 2008?) and isn't a really popular model of the nano so no one suspects it.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
As you all know, I am extremely rich and can afford many, many things as such I shall hire a recording crew and have it all set up just for me. In fact, I am so rich that my personal scientists can make a thought translator and put my thoughts into the video. As I'm playing they will ask me questions and cut me to the front of the line and if I don't like a certain matchup, I will simply throw my hundreds at the players and make them change the characters. *insert fancy laugh here*

I'll do what @ Phaazoid Phaazoid is doing. *S4fist*

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
My brother or GF will be recording. We'll probably switch off or something.

RagnarokSM

Smash Rookie
I'll try and record aswell, hopefully they'll be cool about it, because if I have to try and hide my camera, then I'll just play instead.

BTW, haven't posted here in years, back when I was in middle school, good to be back =)

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Pretty sure we can record. Why in the world would recording footage of gameplay from a demo be banned? Not to mention a demo of a game that will be shown a day before at E3.

I'm bringing my cell phone and recording footage for sure. Not of me playing, but other people. When I get the controller in my hands I'm not going to bother, cuz I'll be too enticed into the game.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I'm gonna ask first, but I've got an LG G2. It's pretty good for a phone camera. I'll see if I can't get some good footage.

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
This is off subject but what do you guys the controller options will be. I use the wii pro classic controller. i have a gamecube controller but i prefer my other controller.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
I am so bringing my DSLR camera and recording if there's no issues. I seriously will bring a tripod too if its ok.

I honestly don't think I'll be able to actually play knowing my luck with events like these, but I'll be happy enough seeing the game in action

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
If I was able to attend a nearby demo that doesn't exist where I am at, I would record with the most powerful device available to me! My braaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiin. Lol. :p

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Someone should totally be Sonic for a round and record his "Your Too Slow!" Taunt just to see if it is in there or the new VA's take on it. :D

KoKuTan Kaizoku

Smash Rookie
Bruh, you won't want to record the *** whoopings that will be had at my Best Buy
That's a largely ignorant statement to make, regardless of who is playing those who are missing the event want to see footage. As far as knowledgeable staff goes there might be a ton of kids at the event, as with the other events. Don't act a fool with anyone, specially with people and their kids you don't know.

Just enjoy the demo.

Last edited:

smash superstar

Smash Ace
Planing on bringing a whole camera crew to my best buy....

In all seriousness though I will be going for just experience and if I feel driven to I will snap a few photos on my phone. =)

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
I went to best buy to ask, they didn't seem to know much about the event... But one guy said they don't allow recording, but they are not gonna tell people not to record using cams...

It was all revolved around kids and parents being in videos without consent. I did a vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk-A7niZJO8&list=UUmxr5GH8f-LowiKZxMpnsOA
Hey, good looks on the tips. Since you know there was one setup, were you able to see what types of controllers they got as well?

KoKuTan Kaizoku

Smash Rookie
Hey, good looks on the tips. Since you know there was one setup, were you able to see what types of controllers they got as well?
All that was connected was a Wii U gamepad. I don't know whats going to happen tomorrow. I'd hope they wouldn't have us on that small screen. In one of my videos I show the Wii U area with mario kart running on it. Hopefully it all goes smoothly and we have pro controllers or better yet... game cube controllers to use!

They had them at E3! So maybe?

KoKuTan Kaizoku

Smash Rookie
Pro controllers it was, They didn't allow gameplay recording either! You could record people though... which was strange.

I got some good videos, but also an E3 invite, ill be posting more on my channel today. I hope those that went enjoyed the game! We got in line at 8AM and there was only 15 people... after 10 we had 100 people our location. We just hung out in line and played 3DS games and ate pizza, it was a fun group.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I had a blast! We also figured out that we weren't allowed to record either. Although, VGBootCamp was there, so maybe there is some hope.

Top Bottom