• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How useful are Mini-Shots?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'm just wondering if Mini-Shots are ever useful for Samus. I remember someone pointing out how useful Mewtwo's mini Shadowballs can be, so I tried it out with Samus. I've noticed that they're quicker to fire than a missile and can be used to distract your opponent or add little bits of damage. Also in teams, if you hit your partner with one it can help him get back to the stage.

I don't have people to practice with right now so I haven't been able to use it against anyone lately, so I'm just wondering. I still missile of course but I've been using the mini-shots a lot lately. I'm guessing that most people would just swat them. I'm considering using them a lot more in teams because missiles can get pretty ugly in doubles.

pdk

Smash Lord
they move slow, if anything that makes it easier to time them to get in the way of people trying to recover

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
I use mini-shots every now and then. They actually are really good for throwing the other player off for a second.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
you can ledgehop them, like you see phanna do sometimes. ledgehop forward, then the momentum sends you backwards a bit.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Edge-hopping them when they're roll-distance away is a great way to make them move closer or farther to benefit your getup. If you're fighting someone who is dash-dance happy, it slows them down greatly. Rohins has a neat trick of spamming them at falcos on the edge since they love to jump up and double blaster, and always get hit in the face with it, setting up an easy forward tilt. They're good in a lot of locations, just as a quick way to stop whatever they're doing, like a full-jump mini-blast to missile cancel.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I now officially name that move the RUB. If you uncharge blast while someone else is on the edge you are doing a Rohins Uncharged Blast. If you hit them you have to say "You got RUBed *****!"

This combined with SWDSD makes me the best Samus, period.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i think phanna should name it. i watched one match in particular: phanna vs. angrylobster, MM #1. i was editting my guide, i noticed that you used uncharge blasts a lot.

EDIT: maybe you could full jump double uncharge shot them.

Kick

Smash Apprentice
the sound of the mini shot is the same as the big shot. i know that sometimes people get confused between them. i think that a mini everyonce in a while is actually a cool mindgame.

ive also seen wes use it in some battles.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Any character can edge-hop their neutral-B, and several (including Samus, Mario, and Dr. Mario) can re-grab the edge if timed properly. It's neither new nor old, it's simply part of the game, like shffling.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol. i think you really can edgehop B with bowser, but that's not the point (flame cancel).

just found out, you cant fire two mini sots in one jump. that'd be cool mindgames, though.

Top Bottom