• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to use Nair Properly?

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Just out curiousity, I know WFT has a really weird moveset with unusual hitboxes and all, but does anyone know of any practical applications for her nair, know it can be SHFF'd, but what purpose does it serve? I can't seem to think of any good setups with it, the hitbox is really small, and I know it should never be use for approaching, so any tips?

⑨ball

Smash Ace
0-20% SHFF'd Nair combos easy into utilt and reverse ftilt for combos or grab.

20-90% it combos into itself and then into header or uair.

Not sure why you think you can't approach with nair. If you're mixing it up with her pivot tilt, bair and generally good movement, dropping in with a nair should be no problem and even blocked it does well on shields.

Try running in after a fully charged sun salute or manually shot header and then going for it.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Approaching with nair should be uncommon but it can still be useful. If you are familiar with Melee it should be used almost exactly the same as approaching with Fox SHFF Uair (as in, rarely but used for the multi-hit mixup and the ability to safely crossup the opponent through their shield). I use Nair mainly as a combo tool and to punish air-dodges with its lingering hitbox.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Jump at them like you're approaching with Bair, then cross up their shield with Nair. A lot of times they'll drop their shield since you didn't hit them with Bair.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It has very little landing lag so I like to use it to trick people into stepping into different attacks. For example, nair fakeout into bair or nair fakeout into sun salutation upon landing.

Top Bottom