• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to up B OOS every time without jumping?

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
I'll be in an intense match, and be shielding an attack, and try to up B, and I'll jump and get punished instead.. I thought it might be Wifi messing up my timing, so I went to training mode just to try it.

I could do it as soon as I start shielding, but if I hold down shield and try to do it, I'd almost always jump. I can do grounded SL every time without a problem, but when I try it in shield, I jump.

I use tap jump on, TJ off won't let you up B oos, and even if you could I wouldn't switch.

I've tried mashing B, pressing up less or less quickly, and setting L to jump. They all didn't work, although, pressing up less quickly helped a little, I can't slowly press up every time I want to up B.

Thanks in advance.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I have tap jump off with Mk. You can still up B Oos. Just Jump cancelled Up b Oos. Hit Jump then up b immediately. You can also Usmash Oos same way with hitting up on c-stick after hitting jump.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I have tap jump off with Mk. You can still up B Oos. Just Jump cancelled Up b Oos. Hit Jump then up b immediately. You can also Usmash Oos same way with hitting up on c-stick after hitting jump.
Doesn't that take up more frames though?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Doesn't that take up more frames though?
Theoretically? No. In theory, you can press Y and B at the same time.

In practice? Usually. For most people, it takes at least a few frames to move your fingers from Y/X to B, unless you're used to doubleshining in Melee (which is very hard and you most likely aren't).

Really, I have no idea what you could possibly having trouble with. You just press up... then B. You use the jump to cancel the shield(up), then press B in the few grounded frames before you get airborne.

Just remember to keep holding down shield while you do it or you'll shield drop up B instead, which is slower and worse overall.

If it helps, you should probably try using L to shield instead of R.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Theoretically? No. In theory, you can press Y and B at the same time.

In practice? Usually. For most people, it takes at least a few frames to move your fingers from Y/X to B, unless you're used to doubleshining in Melee (which is very hard and you most likely aren't).

Really, I have no idea what you could possibly having trouble with. You just press up... then B. You use the jump to cancel the shield(up), then press B in the few grounded frames before you get airborne.

Just remember to keep holding down shield while you do it or you'll shield drop up B instead, which is slower and worse overall.

If it helps, you should probably try using L to shield instead of R.
My L is jump, which is why I do this at the same time of a normal Up b Oos.

Top Bottom