• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to straighten in air?

Agenie04991

Smash Cadet
Is there any way to straighten out while tumbling in the air besides pulling a bomb or throwing the boomerang? I see Germ do it all the time. An example in case anyonw doesn't know what I'm talking about is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLg7f3m_sGY where Germ just stops tumbling in midair. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EazyP

Smash Ace
You don't need to wiggle at an uncontrollable speed, maybe angle your controller slightly down if you really think it'll help, just watch out for fast falls

Deva

Smash Lord
It depends how close you are to the stage. If you're relatively close, wiggle it back once, then foreward once. If you're far from the stage though, you don't want the DI from pressing back so quickly tap the joy stick twice foreward.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I used to have the same problem. Now whenever I'm midair flailing, I just tap the Control Stick towards the stage repeatedly, instead of back and forth. It works for me, and you don't have to worry about losing control of the Control stick (irony, much) so no worries about losing a jump.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
Man, I'm really gald I joined up here. I've already learned two things I didn't know how to do (okay, guess I'm still a newbie).
1. I could never figure out how to catch items in mid-air. Never thought of using 'Z' >.<
2. I never knew you could come out of a tumble.

There are other things, like wave dashing, but those two were programmed in the game, and intended to be used.

Top Bottom