• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To: Set Up Codes in Code Manager

highfive

Smash Lord
---DOWNLOADS---
Don't have code manager already? Download HERE!

Want a pre made code set? Download mine with unlimited replays, support for texture and music hacks and gamer tags in the replays HERE!

---TUTORIAL---

Hello! If you've wanted to hack brawl for those really neat textures then simply follow this guide(I'm assuming you have Code Manager already on your computer, you have homebrew installed on your wii and a working version of Gecko OS):

Step 1: Open up Code Manager and name the Game ID RSBE01 and click the "Store Name/ID" button on the upper right hand corner of Code Manager.

Step 2: Click the "Add a code/comment/category" button near the bottom left hand side (Figure below). A prompt will open up asking for a code name. Name it however you see fit, it's more simple to name it something relative to the code such as what we'll be using today, "Texture Code" *note that this can work for adding multiple codes such as infinite replays, hacked camera, etc*

Step 2 Figure

Step 3: Highlight the code you wish to use and go to the "Code Contents" panel (middle right) And paste your code in to it such as below:

Step 3 Figure

Step 4: Now click the "Store Modifications" button near the bottom right of the screen. A prompt should pop up saying "Data Stored!"

Step 4 Figure

Step 5: Now then, simply click the box next to the name of the code, in this case "Texture Code" to make a check mark appear. After that click the "Export to GCT" button. A prompt will pop up saying "Codes have been modified. Do you want to store modifications to application memory them before export?" Click yes.

Step 5 Figure

Step 6: A new prompt will appear. It will give you two choices. "Store to file" or "store to SD card". For this we will choose the "store to File" as I did not have my SD card inserted at the moment.

Step 6 Figure

Step 7: After clicking the "store to file" button a window will pop up. You may change the file saving location to wherever you want but I find it easier to save directly to the desktop. The file name, I believe, is important. Therefore we will name it "RSBE01". It should be saved as a .gct file.

Step 8: The final step. Simply drag the .gct file you've created in to the folder marked "Codes" on your SD card. It should now look like this:

Congratulations! You've just set up your codes to work in brawl. Have fun with your textures!

EDIT- Mod(s) please move to Tutorials and Faqs

EDIT 2- If there are any problems then just ask. I may have screwed up somewhere despite putting the guide together.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Though this is extremely basic, I've gotta thank you for making this. I'm introducing my younger cousin to Brawl hacking, and this will help a lot in explaining gcts to him. It might be a good idea to include a d/l for the code manager, though. You should also throw in some explanation of text file (notepad) conversions, too.

All in all, its great! HIGHFIVE!

highfive

Smash Lord
Though this is extremely basic, I've gotta thank you for making this. I'm introducing my younger cousin to Brawl hacking, and this will help a lot in explaining gcts to him. It might be a good idea to include a d/l for the code manager, though. You should also throw in some explanation of text file (notepad) conversions, too.

All in all, its great! HIGHFIVE!
I probably should. For now this is the basics. I'll introduce other things as well.

You also misspelled high five.

HIGH FIVE!!!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Nice! Adding this topic to the FAQ sticky right now.

HIGH FIVE!!!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
People needed this badly, highfive. Thank you for taking the time to post it for the benefit of everyone

highfive

Smash Lord
People needed this badly, highfive. Thank you for taking the time to post it for the benefit of everyone
Uh... wow. I feel fuzzy inside. I need to kick more puppies.

:grrr: you beat me to it
But anyway this was badly needed and thanks for making this
No problem. Still need to update it. Tomorrow is another day. You also do a great amount of work btw. Good job.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Uh... wow. I feel fuzzy inside. I need to kick more puppies.

No problem. Still need to update it. Tomorrow is another day. You also do a great amount of work btw. Good job.
rofl you go do that. Just complimenting you for this great guide, far better than my BRSTM Tutorial, especially in visuals

highfive

Smash Lord
Thanks. I thought your guide was very good. I personally use Brawlbox and Audacity for my BRSTMs though.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Thanks. I thought your guide was very good. I personally use Brawlbox and Audacity for my BRSTMs though.
...so do I. It now says to follow the song in another program to perfect loop points after my latest edit :laugh:

camzy

Smash Journeyman
gameconfig.txt you get it, and you can use more than 256 lines of code.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
gameconfig.txt you get it, and you can use more than 256 lines of code.
Yes, with the newer versions of codemanager. Like the one in the Texture Database doesn't work with gameconfig.txt

highfive

Smash Lord
Yes, you probably should, make sure its the latest version.
Congrats on your 1000th post!
Thank you.

I've updated the first page with a download link. It's version 1.1 which I shamelessly downloaded a while back and have now uploaded again.

EDIT- Also added my own custom .gct file for various things that won't alter in game play minus for graphical changes.

Sticky pl0x?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Thank you.

I've updated the first page with a download link. It's version 1.1 which I shamelessly downloaded a while back and have now uploaded again.

EDIT- Also added my own custom .gct file for various things that won't alter in game play minus for graphical changes.

Sticky pl0x?
This should be stickied. SO many people have asked about this, in a variety of threads. By the way, I made my 1000th BRSTM yesterday, and I'm not far away from 1000 posts, either...

highfive

Smash Lord
This should be stickied. SO many people have asked about this, in a variety of threads. By the way, I made my 1000th BRSTM yesterday, and I'm not far away from 1000 posts, either...
Yep. It's OK if it doesn't get stickied, just so long as it doesn't wind up on the last page after a week.

And congrats to getting close to your 1000th post.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Yep. It's OK if it doesn't get stickied, just so long as it doesn't wind up on the last page after a week.

And congrats to getting close to your 1000th post.
True, if you want, I can keep replying to keep your thread on the first page :laugh:
I've hit 1000 posts, as you can see

highfive

Smash Lord
Congratulations.

And also, should I address the .txt to .gct thing? I feel there must be someone else more prepared for that part then me.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Congratulations.

And also, should I address the .txt to .gct thing? I feel there must be someone else more prepared for that part then me.
I think it's necessary. I always copy all my codes to a .txt file, save it, open up codemanager, find the .txt with the codes, check all of them, then export to gct. It's that simple

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
can you make a premade package like the one you have but with the stacksmash exploit
so that it will load up to gecko OS?

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
It's because I'm using my friends wii and he made it clear he doesn't want it homebrewed so the only way I can play brawl+ or custom brawl is stack smash

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
It's because I'm using my friends wii and he made it clear he doesn't want it homebrewed so the only way I can play brawl+ or custom brawl is stack smash
Understandable, although Homebrew doesn't do anything to the Wii, and Brawl codes don't ever get caught. Just saying...

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
Might want to update the download link to Code Manager 1.2.

allows more lines of code :D

kalvar

Smash Rookie
Thanks this is a really easy to understand guide! Also, how do I know which codes to use? I am trying to just change the background music of stages and this is the first time I have tried hacking the game.

Ashley Rhodes

Smash Rookie
---DOWNLOADS---
Don't have code manager already? Download HERE!

Want a pre made code set? Download mine with unlimited replays, support for texture and music hacks and gamer tags in the replays HERE!

---TUTORIAL---

Hello! If you've wanted to hack brawl for those really neat textures then simply follow this guide(I'm assuming you have Code Manager already on your computer, you have homebrew installed on your wii and a working version of Gecko OS):

Step 1: Open up Code Manager and name the Game ID RSBE01 and click the "Store Name/ID" button on the upper right hand corner of Code Manager.

Step 2: Click the "Add a code/comment/category" button near the bottom left hand side (Figure below). A prompt will open up asking for a code name. Name it however you see fit, it's more simple to name it something relative to the code such as what we'll be using today, "Texture Code" *note that this can work for adding multiple codes such as infinite replays, hacked camera, etc*

Step 2 Figure

Step 3: Highlight the code you wish to use and go to the "Code Contents" panel (middle right) And paste your code in to it such as below:

Step 3 Figure

Step 4: Now click the "Store Modifications" button near the bottom right of the screen. A prompt should pop up saying "Data Stored!"

Step 4 Figure

Step 5: Now then, simply click the box next to the name of the code, in this case "Texture Code" to make a check mark appear. After that click the "Export to GCT" button. A prompt will pop up saying "Codes have been modified. Do you want to store modifications to application memory them before export?" Click yes.

Step 5 Figure

Step 6: A new prompt will appear. It will give you two choices. "Store to file" or "store to SD card". For this we will choose the "store to File" as I did not have my SD card inserted at the moment.

Step 6 Figure

Step 7: After clicking the "store to file" button a window will pop up. You may change the file saving location to wherever you want but I find it easier to save directly to the desktop. The file name, I believe, is important. Therefore we will name it "RSBE01". It should be saved as a .gct file.

Step 8: The final step. Simply drag the .gct file you've created in to the folder marked "Codes" on your SD card. It should now look like this:

Congratulations! You've just set up your codes to work in brawl. Have fun with your textures!

EDIT- Mod(s) please move to Tutorials and Faqs

EDIT 2- If there are any problems then just ask. I may have screwed up somewhere despite putting the guide together.
Is there anything you need before doing this

Top Bottom