• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to pressure like westballz help plz!!!!!!!!!

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Doubleshine without leaving the ground isn't that hard lol, especially if you claw the controller and press Y with the side of your index finger. It's definitely something that's consistently possible

But yeah. I don't like WB shield pressure at all, especially the WD straight down part. I could probably grounded Shine OoS when he's WD'ing down.
if u dont like it tell that to mango, zhu, sfat and many other who have started to pick it up. Noob. You act like us pros don't know the holes that are in it....but the real fact is you don't know the true potential of it thats why u don't like it. Noobs will be noobs and pros will be pros. Deal with it. Also why would someone switch to claw to doubleshine thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard someone say. Javi is the only person who plays with claw THE WHOLE TIME HE IS PLAYING. HE DOES NOT SWITCH BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE STUPID IN A REAL MATCH.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
if u dont like it tell that to mango, zhu, sfat and many other who have started to pick it up. Noob. You act like us pros don't know the holes that are in it....but the real fact is you don't know the true potential of it thats why u don't like it. Noobs will be noobs and pros will be pros. Deal with it. Also why would someone switch to claw to doubleshine thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard someone say. Javi is the only person who plays with claw THE WHOLE TIME HE IS PLAYING. HE DOES NOT SWITCH BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE STUPID IN A REAL MATCH.
im pumped that all the falcos and even some foxs are adopting your pressure, its just making our spacies better and yea GGs mang

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
dunno how far the first page got cleared up but if u imagine a guy perfect multishining a shield, maybe imagine a player shield di'ng everything frameperfect as well, which makes multishines useless, because u can just simply grab him and he cant move as far while multishining as you can with shield di.

so basically westballz delays his 2nd shine so he is in midair? damn i just tried for like 10 minutes and my biggest issue was my 2nd shine being on the ground so i missed the timing.

somebody knows if he does that with fox as well? and if not: viable with fox?

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
dunno how far the first page got cleared up but if u imagine a guy perfect multishining a shield, maybe imagine a player shield di'ng everything frameperfect as well, which makes multishines useless, because u can just simply grab him and he cant move as far while multishining as you can with shield di.

so basically westballz delays his 2nd shine so he is in midair? damn i just tried for like 10 minutes and my biggest issue was my 2nd shine being on the ground so i missed the timing.

somebody knows if he does that with fox as well? and if not: viable with fox?
it works for fox and its good ...probbly better since i believe fox shine is much more over powered and useful ..sfat does it now

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
it works for fox and its good ...probbly better since i believe fox shine is much more over powered and useful ..sfat does it now
i feel hopeless learning jump shine pressure
i saw you on twitch that one day and you got it down sick
any tips on how to practice i know the waveland timing but the 2nd shine is whats eating everyones mentality imo lol

Bones0

Smash Legend
No, it's definitely awful for Fox since his shine has significantly less stun, so airdodging down next to them is even riskier than it is with Falco. The only thing Falco's airborne shine even has going for him is the fact that he lands a frame or two sooner after the second shine. This small frame advantage disappears when you consider Fox's jumpsquat is only 3 frames vs. Falco's 5.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Looool this is so good.

I guess if your opponent has predictable rolling patterns then you could do this and it wouldn't be that stupid.

This actually could be settled by doing some shield damage calculations, maybe enough time passes and you hit them enough (dair->shine->shine->elevated shine) for your opponent to lose enough shield to the point where they "need" to roll so you can do your awesome roll punishing.

Or you'll just get hit by an oos options or shield grabbed lmao. Or you could roll out at any point in the sequence. But that calc would be interesting.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
regarding the westballz shield pressure- i have the proper timing down when i do it freely without touching anything. but when i try it on a shield, after the 2nd shine i get stuck in the air and i cant wave dash down. anyone else have the same problem? does anyone know what the problem is? too fast? too slow?

Bones0

Smash Legend
regarding the westballz shield pressure- i have the proper timing down when i do it freely without touching anything. but when i try it on a shield, after the 2nd shine i get stuck in the air and i cant wave dash down. anyone else have the same problem? does anyone know what the problem is? too fast? too slow?
You're jumping too soon. You can't JC shine until after the third frame, and hitlag (either on shield or on their body) adds frames between the first frame of shine and the third.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
same problem with me
but i need to play a lot of people and learn in game stuff, make a smasher outta me b4 i become technical
although the wes shine isnt really that difficult with falco and alot of players are using it now, foxs too
im just focusing on getting grounded double shine on shield down 100%

Top Bottom