• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to practice banana/item ATs?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ey Diddy mains, wassup? I'm here not because I want to use Diddy (LOL **** that), but rather because I want to learn how to beat his ***. Bananas are hard to deal w/ yo.
I'm curious to know how exactly Diddy players, as the title of this thread would suggest, practice banana/item ATs. Currently, I know of/can perform most item AT's such as instant throw, glide toss, invincidrop, etc., but am just having a hard time practicing them on my own. Diddy players clearly have much more experience with getting good at using them well, so I figured this would probably be a good place to go.

Shower me w/ knowledge please!

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Just be creative. Watch videos and junk. Obviously you know how bananas work, shield catching and all that. Now comes the weird part, which is just getting nasty with it. Mixups and mind games and sometimes putting a banana out and not even picking it up to bait a shield and grab. Stuff like that. The possibilities are endless. Think of it as like MvC or something. Bananas are little moves that keep your opponent from landing or guarding(or maybe baiting them to over guard). They're the moves that keep your strings going and going and going and going and get your opponent like :fuuu:

So yeah.....start thinking and ****.

:phone:

Vega4

Smash Ace
Somehow, it's just like DiSQO_BuNNY and Jebus said.

First thing is learn all those tecniques, and then, you have to learn several ways to use and mix them. And I also think that using Diddy is a great way to learn it. Sometimes when I have trouble vs some character, I just practice with him, that gives you a great view of his strengtshs and weaknesses. Long time ago I learned how to play with Snake, and recently I'm doing the same with Wario.

Top Bottom