• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Master Sonic

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
How To Master Sonic

Welcome to The "How to master Sonic" thread! This will give you detailed hints and strategies on how to be an expert at the hedgehog's sly fast moves!

Table Of Contents:

Chapter One: Sonic's Past Games

Chapter Two Moveset Details

Chapter Three How To Master Sonic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One: Sonic's Past Games​

In this chapter, you will learn about Sonic's Past Games, and a guide of how he learned these moves, even referencing the TV Shows.

Sonic The Hedgehog (Genesis) This is Sonic's first game, introducing him to the Video Game World. This game does not give new techniques, but believe me, it introduces one move. This game introduces SPRINGS and Sonic's stage, GREEN HILL ZONE. GREEN HILL ZONE'S SONG is played during there. In the game there is a level called Scrap Brain Zone that has the SCRAP BRAIN ZONE SONG. There is an item called the BALL CHECK POINTS.

Conclusion: When Sonic jumps, he turns into a ball. Thus allowing him to make combos. Sometimes when you jump, Sonic goes straight with his body in full view. When that happens, you won't be able to hit an enemy without getting yourself hit, unlike the Ball Form. Sonic can get an extra lift if he jumps on a spring. Sonic's Up-B is a spring that can be used by others, too. Green Hill Zone is Sonic's one and only stage in Brawl, and is a most important decision. Scrap Brain Zone never appeared in all it's glory, but it's song remains in Brawl as a classic song in Brawl. A Ball Check Point appears in Green Hill Zone in Brawl, and acts in the same behavior as the "Flipper".

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Genesis) The second Sonic game introduces Tails, new graphics, and more importantly; THE SPINDASH! The Spindash can be used in various ways and is very helpful. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 introduces something else; Sonic's True form, SUPER SONIC! Super Sonic is invincible and cannot be defeated unless he fell off a cliff or lost all his draining rings. There is a stage called Emerald Hill Zone, and it has a song. The song is called the EMERALD HILL SONG.

Conclusion: Sonic's Spindash is made up of two moves, His Down-B and his Forward-B. They aren't very powerful when charged up, but can slide everywhere causing Sonic to destroy his enemies with an Air Attack. Sonic's Final Smash is his transformation, Super Sonic! Super Sonic can fly across the stage invincible, and can also damage enemies brutally if used to your advantage. Emerald Hill's Song is in the game, but the stage apparently isn't.

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (Genesis)This game introduced Knuckles, a Red Echidna absorbed in his Precious Master Emerald, passed down from his ancient ancestors. A board called Angel Island Zone had the song, ANGEL ISLAND SONG.

Conclusion: Angel Island Zone's Song is in Brawl, but not the stage, apparently. You may be able to make the stage, though. Maybe if you're lucky it will appear in Nintendo, who knows?

SONIC CD (Sega CD) Sonic CD introduced Amy and Metal Sonic. It also introduced Time Travel. The main song for the game is called SONIC BOOM. Sonic needs to travel at a whopping 800 MPH to go through Time.

Conclusion: Sonic Boom appears in Brawl as the original version, but cut down. This song can be played on the GREEN HILL ZONE Stage, as well as SCRAP BRAIN ZONE, ANGEL ISLAND ZONE, and EMERALD HILL ZONE'S SONG.

The Other Sonic Songs Include:

-Super Sonic Racing (SONIC R)
-Open Your Heart (SONIC ADVENTURE)
-Live and Learn (SONIC ADVENTURE 2)
-Sonic Heroes (SONIC HEROES)
-Right There, Right Now (SONIC RUSH)
-His World Instrumental (SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 360)
-Seven Rings In Hand (SONIC AND THE SECRET RINGS)

Chapter Two:Moveset Details

Spin Dash: This Move is based off of Sonic's famed Spindash in Sonic The Hedgehog 2. This is probably Sonic's most common move, finding that Hedgehog's cant do it as fast or as powerful as him in the wild. You can use this to make combos and do Dair, Bair, or other air attacks. This doesn't do much damage like it's charged counterpart but it's very effective if used succesfully in the right hands. The Spin Dash is used in many games, and can also be pulled off as Shadow, Sonic's Doppelganger. Metal Sonic can not perform a Spindash like Sonic, but he's not alone. Amy can not do a spindash. She can do it in Sonic Heroes, but other games for her isn't really the best place for Amy to do it.

Spin Charge: This was used in Sonic 2 and 3, and could be charged up by holding Down and pressing A, B, or C. The Spin Charge did not effect anything in the Retro games, but it would allow you to stop in your tracks and slice apart enemies that came in contact with your character. This move isn't the most common move in the Sonic Series, but a similar move in Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 called the "Light Dash" was sort of like it. The beginning was charging it up, but Sonic turned a light blue, which is not in Brawl. The Spin Charge is useful in many of Sonic's Three-Dimensional games.

Spring Jump: Anybody who has ever played a Sonic game has known of the infamous Spring before. It was first introduced in Sonic The Hedgehog 1, and has been famous ever since. Sonic must find a Spring to do that jump in every other game, but in Brawl ll you need to do is pull off his Up-Special Attack. Sonic is not the only one who can use the spring. After Sonic jumps, the spring is open for other players to jump on and do a Spring Jump. It's very effective in Team Battles, as your teammates can jump on it too! Way Past Cool!

Homing Attack: Sonic's Homing Attack was featured in many Sonic 3D games, and can be used in Brawl as his B Move. It can not reach far, but it has a decent Knockback. There is not much to say about this, as Sonic is thought to be one of the collest Characters in the game. It's self-explanatory.

FINAL SMASH: Super Sonic Beware! Sonic has grabbed the Smash Ball! Sonic has been able to turn into Super Sonic a lot in games such as Sonic 2, 3, Adventure, Adventure 2, Sonic The Hedgehog 360, Sonic Rush, and many other games. Sonic can only turn into Super Sonic with the help of 50 Rings and 7 Chaos Emeralds, but in Brawl, all he has to do is simply break a Smash Ball to possess truely devestating amounts of power. Super Sonic can fly across the Stage at nearly the Speed Of Light, and he can rack up serious combos. Super Sonic, unlike Pikachu's FS, cannot go through platforms and the stage itself. He must fly around the stage. Super Sonic isn't extremely effective in stages like Onett.

Chapter Three:How To Master Sonic

This is the Final Chapter of "How To Master Sonic". This is also the most important chapter of them all. If you've been reading the rest of the thread, you will understand what I mean.

Heres some tips on how to master Sonic The Hedgehog:

-You need to have played all the games I listed above that include MOVES and NOT MUSIC. You must master the moves in the other games before you are ready. You also must be able to handle Sonic's Speed and complete all his Side Scrolling 16-Bit Games to accomplish this task.

-You need to destroy Sonic. You must learn how to beat him and KO CPU players and your friends over Wi-Fi. You need to take the time to practice beating him to the pulp on every level.

-You will need to give up the Mains you have to Truly Master Sonic. Sonic needs to be practiced with every day without interuptions with the pitiful characetrs that stand in his way. He will be your one and only main and you will Master him no matter what it takes.

And the most important one:

-You need to play with other characters in Sonic's Previous Games. Even though they are totally different characters, they have moves that are similar to his that may be hidden with Sonic in the game. Sonic can actually swim like Tails, is as strong as Knuckles, and has gained the anger of Shadow and the heart from Amy. He has learned detective skills and teamwork from the Chaotix and Friendship with his friends. Sonic has learned how to destroy a hatred enemy and to be friends with a rival. But now, Sonic must need the Friendship for Team Battles, Hatred and Anger for Heated Battles, Swimming for Ocean Battles, Power for Battles at all, and detective skills to figure out strategies for specific characters.

This concludes this thread, and I hope this all helped you Master Sonic no matter what kind of player you are. I'll see you next time when I teach players "How To Master Mario"!

THE END

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
How To Master Sonic

-You need to have played all the games I listed above that include MOVES and NOT MUSIC. You must master the moves in the other games before you are ready. You also must be able to handle Sonic's Speed and complete all his Side Scrolling 16-Bit Games to accomplish this task.

-You need to play with other characters in Sonic's Previous Games. Even though they are totally different characters, they have moves that are similar to his that may be hidden with Sonic in the game. Sonic can actually swim like Tails, is as strong as Knuckles, and has gained the anger of Shadow and the heart from Amy. He has learned detective skills and teamwork from the Chaotix and Friendship with his friends. Sonic has learned how to destroy a hatred enemy and to be friends with a rival. But now, Sonic must need the Friendship for Team Battles, Hatred and Anger for Heated Battles, Swimming for Ocean Battles, Power for Battles at all, and detective skills to figure out strategies for specific characters.

umm...seriously?

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
They're kinda....Suggestions......I didn't mean to force anybody....I should have put "Suggestions"......****.

*Runs Far away at Super Sonic Speed*

MrLegend

Smash Apprentice
How To Master Sonic

This concludes this thread, and I hope this all helped you Master Sonic no matter what kind of player you are. I'll see you next time when I teach players "How To Master Mario"!

THE END

Oh dear. *slow clap*

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Uh....Do you LIKE this thread or not? I'm confused....I don't know why you laughed or if it's sarcasm. What did I do wrong.

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
Uh....Do you LIKE this thread or not? I'm confused....I don't know why you laughed or if it's sarcasm. What did I do wrong.
yeah it's sarcasm...I'm not tryin to be an ******* but Im just letting you know, we're laughing because your ways to "master Sonic" just make no sense whatsoever, and won't get you to get good with Sonic :ohwell:

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
*Runs Far away at Super Sonic Speed*
This combined with his name lead me to believe he is 15 or younger, and completely serious. The thread failed to even be lulz worthy for me, and is an exemplary example of why Sonic players are going to get hated on, heavy.

My suggestion to OP is to never make another post like this again, and start paying attention to things like frame data and the like. Either that, or go spam Brawl Discussion. Character specific should be serious discussion, sans random Fleur de Lis posts.

Mmhmm.

Tyros

Smash Cadet
o__o; Um... Just saying here - skills in other Sonic games do not equate to skills with Sonic in Brawl. Also... You forgot to list A moves, as well.

And...
Well...
You forgot a lot, amigo. And had a good deal of completely needless stuff...

- Tyros

MrLegend

Smash Apprentice
This combined with his name lead me to believe he is 15 or younger, and completely serious. The thread failed to even be lulz worthy for me, and is an exemplary example of why Sonic players are going to get hated on, heavy.

My suggestion to OP is to never make another post like this again, and start paying attention to things like frame data and the like. Either that, or go spam Brawl Discussion. Character specific should be serious discussion, sans random Fleur de Lis posts.

Mmhmm.

People at 15 are quite smart enough. You must mean 12.

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
Aww, I thought it was beautiful :D Im gonna use Sonic more when brawl comes out, rofl.

*only half-sarcasm, with a pinch of heart and a light dusting of good will*

happy gaming, however you choose to pursue it! XD

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
And the most important one:

How to save face: claim this whole thread, and every response you've posted so far, is an elaborate irony.

Even if you don't understand what that means, just copy the first line of my post here, paste it into a reply, delete everything before "This", replace "you've" with "I've" and post it.

Do it now.

Seriously. Ocean battles? Detective skills?

... heart? Are we summoning Captain Planet here?

Don't feel bad, especially if you're like 10 or something. Just don't do it again.

-GK

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
This will be fun! Choose the response below that best suits your actual age. It's like a choose-your-own-adventure book!

Response 1: (if you're much older than 7 and this is a troll, as I suspect)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the best troll threads ever to grace these boards, nice work!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response 2: (if you really are 7)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet parental controls FTL.

Sonic is much, much older than you. Leave this place and ne'er return.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Either way, I can't wait to read your Mario guide.

-GK

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Don't let these guys get you down, DJ. People on the internet just like to taunt more, since they get to be anonymous. Besides, it's all in good fun.

I thought it was very insightful, as well as informative, but people around here are really only interested in the techniques and mechanics of playing as Sonic. Kind of like basketball players who aren't interested in hearing about how the NBA was formed, and just want to learn how to make easy three-pointers.

Top Bottom