• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOw to gimp a meta Knight

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Before u come here and tell me that this isnt going to werk and blah blah blah just stp typing. I understand that most pro's probably won't do this but there are def. more average/good Mk mains then there are pro's. This "tech" or wut ever u wanna call it is just a little something that may help. Just leave positive feed back or questions that you may have..

Explination: WHen a Mk shuttle loops to teh edge he does not do the full swoop because he auto grabs. But if he hits something (in this case a shield) then he continues to swoop allowing time for you to grab the edge. VEry situational since most Mk's drill rush or tornado (Which i like to call pressing the emergency red button lol thanks NAsty). But we all kno that when a mk sees an oppenent running or stand by the edge they sometimes shuttle loop, thus allowing u to gimp.

Srry for bad quality.

Sudai

Stuff here
Even if you do this, MK can just angle the ending glide to either go underneath the stage or just accept a slightly laggy landing and land on the stage...so it literally won't work unless you're playing someone who doesn't know how to play MK. If you're playing someone that doesn't know how to play MK, you shouldn't need this anyway.

PS: lrn2spllchck

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
an MK would have to have nice reaction time to realize wut happend and go under and around. and the person see this coming they could try and go for a stage spike... and if they land and its laggy u punish...it helps either way u put it.

Sudai

Stuff here
It does not take good reaction speed to simply hold forward or backward once they see your shield. They don't have more time to respond than the time it takes you to speed hug (which would be plenty anyway).

As for the stage spike idea, that wouldn't work either. For the timing on the speed hug, you'd be trapped on the ledge long enough for the MK to get far enough away that the best you could do to punish them going under the stage is a laser. 3%. Yay.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
i understand what u are saying. BUt its something. and u say yay 3percent but 1 that damage and any little bit counts. 2 if u have a fully charged laser thats even better. 3 if u have a fully charged top and they are at very high damage thats a kill.....See wut this opens up

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
So the whole "building off of new ideas" thing...? Let's do that. =) <3

I'm not saying you're completely wrong (and correct me if I'm wrong lol) but a 3% laser is GREAT. If you could do it fast enough, wouldn't that force the MK to up B into and off of the bottom of the stage? You could probably get this off on FD for sure, maybe even smashville...maybe. Being on the opposite edge of the stage as MK also forces him to approach again while you have time to space and camp

Mumble

Smash Apprentice
Isnt there an exact thread called this on another board..?

And yeah, it's very situational.
Also depends on who you're playing too. My assumption is if you even got lucky to pull it off once, whoever is playing MK will wise up and stop shuttle looping.
eh?

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
yea i posted this a lot mumble lol.....and hey if they wise up and stp shuttle looping thats 1 less move u have to worry about....no matter how u look at it its good and helps

Sudai

Stuff here
I know 3% isn't something to be scoffed at (you are talking to the ROB that shoots a laser at the opponent every safe chance he gets) but there are just flat out better options here.

I don't know any MKs that still use the shuttle loop as a recovery in the first place. Even if they were to do so, and I were in a perfect position to do this, I'd much rather Powershield > FTilt > Laser or Powershield > Falloff FAir > DJ FAir for a lot more percentage.

This -wouldn't- work on FD at all. MK auto-grabs the ledge without passing it on FD thanks to the lip.

On Smashville they can Drill-rush recover from anywhere under the stage.

No matter how I look at this scenario, there's just always better options. :/

On a fully charged gyro: Isn't fast enough and can be avoided easily on Smashville (remember, wouldn't work on FD for aforementioned reasons). The fully charged laser might work, but remember it's slower and therefore harder to aim -and- easier to avoid on reaction.

Oh, and lastly the reason I don't feel this is worth exploring (if someone wants to, by all means go for it, I'm just throwing my weight against it) is because any MK that relies on the Up-B to recover is doing something horribly wrong. MK just has way too many safe recoveries for them to use the Shuttle Loop off stage unless they're going for a gimp.

Sudai

Stuff here
That video only emphasizes that this is nothing more than a neat find at most. If you're in position to do this, they can easily ride the stage or just choose to drill rush up instead.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
As Sudai said, it is a nifty find. There aren't too many MKs who still use shuttle-loop in this manner... BUT... it always nice to have SOMETHING in the arsenal against MK, even if its a pocket-knife.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
I know 3% isn't something to be scoffed at (you are talking to the ROB that shoots a laser at the opponent every safe chance he gets) but there are just flat out better options here.

I don't know any MKs that still use the shuttle loop as a recovery in the first place. Even if they were to do so, and I were in a perfect position to do this, I'd much rather Powershield > FTilt > Laser or Powershield > Falloff FAir > DJ FAir for a lot more percentage.

This -wouldn't- work on FD at all. MK auto-grabs the ledge without passing it on FD thanks to the lip.

On Smashville they can Drill-rush recover from anywhere under the stage.

No matter how I look at this scenario, there's just always better options. :/

On a fully charged gyro: Isn't fast enough and can be avoided easily on Smashville (remember, wouldn't work on FD for aforementioned reasons). The fully charged laser might work, but remember it's slower and therefore harder to aim -and- easier to avoid on reaction.

Oh, and lastly the reason I don't feel this is worth exploring (if someone wants to, by all means go for it, I'm just throwing my weight against it) is because any MK that relies on the Up-B to recover is doing something horribly wrong. MK just has way too many safe recoveries for them to use the Shuttle Loop off stage unless they're going for a gimp.
this is y i posted this a lot of places, for feedback and opinons,thank you(thats the first thing)

well when i said shoot the gyro i was refering to if the MK sees that u grabed the ledge and proceeeded to glide to the other side..U could shoot the gyro and try to hit him....as far as Mks shuttle looping to the stage they may not do it 90% of the time but the 10percent that they may do it helps...this "tech" may be better only for certain characters then others (such as diddy who could go into a diddy hump gimp after the shield) so i understand if pllz dont see this helping there game play at all.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord

Sudai

Stuff here
Thing is, MKs only shuttle loop like this maybe..1% of the time they recover. Assuming your guestimate of 10% shuttle loop recovery is correct, every MK I've seen tries to ride the wall with it. My 1% of them using it is purely for human error.

As for hitting them after, you would have to shoot them under the stage. I didn't mean shield > shoot. That's my fault for mis-communicating. I meant Shield > Speed Hug > Ledge drop and try to hit them while they fly under.

Top Bottom