• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOw to gimp a meta Knight

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMdGw...e=channel_page

Before u come here and tell me that this isnt going to werk and blah blah blah just stp typing. I understand that most pro's probably won't do this but there are def. more average/good Mk mains then there are pro's. This "tech" or wut ever u wanna call it is just a little something that may help. Just leave positive feed back or questions that you may have..

Explination: WHen a Mk shuttle loops to teh edge he does not do the full swoop because he auto grabs. But if he hits something (in this case a shield) then he continues to swoop allowing time for you to grab the edge. VEry situational since most Mk's drill rush or tornado (Which i like to call pressing the emergency red button lol thanks NAsty). But we all kno that when a mk sees an oppenent running or stand by the edge they sometimes shuttle loop, thus allowing u to gimp.

Srry for the bad quality.

Ha2On

Smash Apprentice
but if a good mk does this, he mostly does it along the stage, so you can shield it, but he directly grabs the edge

however, mistakes happen, so it's good to know

btw. if you have shielded him, you could push him away with WoI, so he cant grab the edge anymore^^

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Nice, for those who has trained powersheild on melee, this should be easy x)
(I did, but not mastered :(, sheik just didn't have reflectors u_u)

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord

It happened to me and I was like "D@mn... really?" But he didnt edgehog, i just hit his shield and was like... meh. Than died. Than I Tornado'd :bee: :laugh:

D4V1

Smash Rookie
well, its very useful against a lot of Mks, but like Sagemoon said, an expert mk player will just glide to the ledge on the other side of the stage instead!

but a i cant complain...techniques against MKs will be very welcome!! xD

colddegree

Smash Cadet
I did this to a marth once but I didnt power shield it so i fell to the ledge and edgehoged him lol

Top Bottom