• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to EVO 2013?

Revven

FrankerZ
Does anybody know the schedule? Is Melee going to be around all three days, or just one, or what?
It's not going to be just one day. I don't know the specific schedule, but you'd have the main tournament of Melee probably brought down to either top 16 or top 8 in one day, then the next day you can play in the BYOC area for side event/friendly stuff and then top 8 the next day.

Though I stress again I don't have or know the actual schedule so I'm probably pretty inaccurate.

clowsui

Smash Legend
generally evo runs pools on one day finals on another. last year AE, KoF, SC pools were on friday all the way down to top 8; marvel, MK9 and xT pools on saturday all the way to top 8

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Great post, Prog. When I went to PAX and talked to the FGC panelists, they didn't have much good to say about the Smash community. It really sucks, because we have such a caring and awesome community, but the worst of the worst usually become the poster children on how we are perceived as a community.
Show them that we deserve that spot and earn respect while at EVO. I believe in the community, and I believe we can be our best.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
I have One big question about the Paris Hotel.
There's an age restriction to reserve and to check in which is 21. I'll be turning 20 on August so I think I might not be able to. There's no exception in that is there? :/
Evo has all kinds of ages going so I'm wondering if the hotel would make any exceptions (which im doubting :/)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
prolly not. your best bet is to room w/ at least 1 person who's 21 or over.

BTW I regged Saturday. :D

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
So, I e-mailed Mr. Wizard about a couple of items, but to all of your recorders who enjoy archiving Smash history...

From Mr. Wizard himself:

People are allowed to record matches as long as it doesn’t interfere with the tournament itself.
--

Bring your recording setups if you'd like.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
prolly not. your best bet is to room w/ at least 1 person who's 21 or over.

BTW I regged Saturday. :D
Yea I thought so. I'll convince a friend haha thanks
but like I can still do the hotel payment myself im hoping

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Updated the thread to note the recording setups, need for televisions and new prices.

Awstintacious

Smash Apprentice
Thanks again for making this literally 4 hours after I asked about something like it. I'm still trying to get my logistics and transportation taken care of, but I should be making it out there.

Moos3

Smash Rookie
I have One big question about the Paris Hotel.
There's an age restriction to reserve and to check in which is 21. I'll be turning 20 on August so I think I might not be able to. There's no exception in that is there? :/
Evo has all kinds of ages going so I'm wondering if the hotel would make any exceptions (which im doubting :/)
Are you sure you have to be 21? I think you just have to be 21 to get their special deals, un check that box and you should be fine. I could be mistaken though.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Ask on the Evo section of shoryuken, people/mr wizard answer questions there

edit: also, if you are going...maybe go RSVP in the tournament thread/post in it so it doesn't look like locals will have better turnouts.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Are you sure you have to be 21? I think you just have to be 21 to get their special deals, un check that box and you should be fine. I could be mistaken though.
yea i was about to finish the payment till i noticed that you must be 21 or older to reserve and check in the hotel :/

phish-it

Smash Champion
Looks like I'll be going to this after all. So Thursday and Sunday night are booked already for the group rate at the Paris hotel? Seems strange that Friday and Saturday still are available if thats the case.

MrWizard

EVO Founder
You can use the 800 to call the hotel and get a slightly higher rate for Thursday and Sunday, but rooms are still available.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's practically going to be there the whole time... because on the off day that Melee isn't up you can play in the Doubles side tourney (if there's one set up) and get tons of friendlies in.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Good thread with handy stuff. Might look into it considering some friends are planning on a trip to Cali this summer anyway, and nagging me to go.

Should be fun if it works out. :)

dudutsai

Smash Lord
So I guess the norm is to request Thursday off since we don't know the schedule yet? What if we can only leave Friday and arrive at night? Is there any guarantee that Melee won't run prelims on Friday?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
He said we get a 2 day tourney. You can expect something on Friday, won't know for sure until a schedule is out. Expect one in the coming weeks.

MrWizard

EVO Founder
Pools for smash run 8am to 8pm on Friday. If you qualify, you will be returning Saturday morning to compete in the Quarterfinals, then Semi Finals. Top 8 will play on Sunday.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom