• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to edgeguard a metaknight?

Azorpatch

Smash Cadet
I gets annoying that you can use Dair on him because he counter with shuttle loop. How do you edgeguard a meta?

I think it's a good idea to jump towards him, airdodge his attack to get on his back and counter with an illusion to meteor him. What do you think of this?

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Just a warning, don't try to illusion spike a MK out of a shuttle loop. Actually, don't ever try it. It's a pretty dumb thing to do, and will never work against a good player, and it might get you killed.

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
u could try to bait his glide to come out ,so he will lose his recovery and then attack with a smash. use the reflector to keep him back depending how many jumps Meta has left he'll probably use his up B either on to the ledge, toward and attack with a glide cancel or depending on the stage go under it to the other side. I highly doubt that will actually happen ,but if ti does you could use your illusion to get to the other end of the stage to meet up with him.

If he grabs the ledge you could probably d-smash and knock him of the ledge when his recovery runs out.

These are just ideas i came up with on the spot and from playing meta knight and knowing his options when he up b. thoug i think he can use his other b moves as recoveries as well

Azorpatch

Smash Cadet
Maybe we could harass them with the reflector. Another thing I've been doing alot against anyone is a rising Uair. Many people expect falco to come and meteor them so I do it this way to catch them offguard.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
You don't.

/thread.

But really, it's all about the mind game you choose to play and if mk falls for it.

D

Deleted member

Edgeguard with laser and reflector, if he grabs the ledge you can spike him out of his getup animation. What I like to do is stand there close to the edge, if they do a getup attack you can shield to dthrow to spike.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I myself let them get on the ledge, but punish them when they get up.

Falco may have good edgeguard moves, but against MK they are very hard if not impossible to use safely. The only edgeguarding techs that could work if the MK isnt all that smart are the Fair to stage spike and the Bair over the edge to kill. Use lasers a lot too. This can get them out of their glide AND cancel their Tornado of Incredible Cheapness.

PCHU

Smash Lord
What's in that link?

And I don't know.
Lasers, Reflector (most don't use it often), fsmash (long range, but predictable), and maybe a surprise bair/ dair at the last second?

Top Bottom