• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to dash attack into usmash?

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
I'm a falco scrub from europe who just got my hands on the game and recently saw this video of someone (Hylian, that combo was awesome) dash attacking and then usmashing directly after it at 2:44 - 2:47 and I'm interested to know how. I've done it a few times in training mode when trying to do it but it all came out unintentional and I simply cannot figure out how I do it.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
Run, dash attack(has to hit the opponent) then immediate
up-smash.

If it helps I use this button input.Just dash, down c-stick then immediately up c-stick.

Or are you talking about Boost Smashing?

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
theres also another thing called a boost smash thats pretty useful
follow this button combo, assuming your running right, and assuming you havent changed any buttons.
Dash-Down C stick-Up control stick+Z

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
ITs More like, Run than C stick in any directions. Without hesistating press up on the control stick and Z at the same time, Up + Z is an up smash. The run attack cancel gives you a slide. I think snake can do this the best.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
ITs More like, Run than C stick in any directions. Without hesistating press up on the control stick and Z at the same time, Up + Z is an up smash. The run attack cancel gives you a slide. I think snake can do this the best.
That's the Mortar Slide for Snake, right?

Anyways, this is very useful for Falco, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HIT WITH BOTH. It is great against thosoe who spam the grab.

GiNO The KiDD

Smash Cadet
Im kinda havin trouble with falco's slide. I got the dash then imediate upsmahs down perfect, but the slide is giving me trouble.Can some1 help me do it.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Up Smash, Dash Attack then Up Smash 4 times.
lol, no, I meant the post above mine described a better move than the one described 4 posts above mine

@^ the slide (for me) is very inconsistent, sometimes I slide far, sometimes I don't, I think it's based on a very small window of opportuity that you just have to get used to

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
theres also another thing called a boost smash thats pretty useful
follow this button combo, assuming your running right, and assuming you havent changed any buttons.
Dash-Down C stick-Up control stick+Z
oh I already know that. I've almost got it down perfectly and use it in the rare occassions that I play snake. thanks anyway, though. to everybody else who's helped I thank you too. this falco board was more friendly than I first expected... you'd think that a possible top tier character board would be filled with elitists :p

Top Bottom