• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to counter a B-Spammy Falco?

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Hey huys, let's throw it out there that I am not a Falco player, I hardly know anything but the basics with the guy. lol

Anyway here's my question, I play a guy who mains Falco but here's strategy is to run away and Spam B's Laser basically the whole match. It really ticks me off. Will you guys grace me with your Falco knowledge and tell me what are some strategies or tips on to how to avoid and counter this problem? The 6 characters in my sig are my mains so if you have any tips with them to handle this that would be great too :bee:

I'm basically desperate lol. I'm sorry if this question has been asked but I couldn't find it. Also, pleasse no comments like "dodge more" :laugh:...just imagine a very spammy and campy Falco player. Thanks for any info you have.

ADHD

Smash Hero
You can just ledge camp the whole game--that works, it doesn't matter what he does, if you ledge camp falco cannot hit you from far away.

All your mains get it bad from falco's laser lol, you could try using olimar on him because olimar ***** falcos like that

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm not sure but can sheik crawl under the lasers?

Besides that you just have to jump your way over to him or roll and shield.

Be glad he doesn't know how to shdl

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Yeah my mains do got it bad from what I've experienced :(

But that ledge camping doesn't seem that bad. I mean he's cheap so I think I dcan be cheap every once in awhile. Hopefully he'll then finally try and approach me. He's terrible at close-range fighting so I think I may throw this trick in :)

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
The only one of your 6 mains that can avoid falco's spammy is Sheik. As stated above, she can just crawl.

If you wanna piss him off just tilt lock him :)

If your ok with someone new you can always go for fox as his reflector will do your job for you.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
He sounds like a bad player. Just use platforms and powershields to approach him. It's a viable strategy for any character in the game pretty much.

EDIT: Picking up Wolf or Fox would be stupid. They both lose so hard to Falco it's not funny.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
I don't think picking up Wolf or Fox sounds like a bad idea. Even if Falco is supposed to have an advantage over Fox and Wolf, it doesn't sound like his opponent is good enough to take advantage of that.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Nah, he's horrible at close-range fighting :). He doesn't even know how to chain grab with Falco. He spams his lasers and that's the worst. I'm going to see if Zero-Suit will be able to crawl uder the lasers too if Sheik can do it. I love my Yoshi but I think he's still a target when he crawls.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
I alsways use Falco to counter projectile spammers. Falco's reflector is amazing.

I you use Falco and use Down B, You can force the other Falco to approach you.
You cannot spam much either, but if you are a better player this should work in your advantage.

I always use Falco to counter bad Falco's who can do nothing more then camp and spam. xD

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Honestly that Falco player sounds quite predictable. Couldn't you just Shorthop-Air dodge all the way to him if he's -that- bad at close range?

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Screw Wolf and Fox in this matchup use G&W for this, Bucket whenever he spams, then try to approach with the B-Air, then start playing Close Combat.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Well I had a rematch with my friend today and I used all the crawling, short-hopping, ledge camping technique's mentioned today and well.....I crushed him :bee:

We played 6 games and he won only agaisnt my Peach. Thank you guys for all your tips.

J4pu

Smash Champion
He doesn't even know how to chain grab with Falco.
Guy is a scrub then, if he doesn't SHDL you should be able to do just fine with ganondorf considering you know what your are doing.
Shield walk sliding (I don't know what name it was given) is pretty fun to do. Just walk forward (don't run) and press shield every time a laser is about to hit you, then immediately release shield so that you continue walking. The result is a strange sliding when going in and coming out of shield.
Falco's Non-SHL's have terrible ending lag, if he stops shooting when you get to a certain point, then stop approaching, and wait for him to make the next move, if he always phantasms past you I doubt he uses the IAP so he should have sufficient ending lag to be punished and you should be used to it enough to see when to sheild or dodge.

Of course all of this stuff requires that you are not on the same level as your spammy uninformed friend.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
nah don't worry. I always end up winning the fights but it makes me mad that I have to result to cheap/spammy victories because of his playstyle. Falco the character himself is great- probably my favorite Top-Tier guy, but it's funny when I'm able to beat him using my Ganon. All the tips I used have worked amazingly well agaisnt him and now he wants to switch his guy. He's thinking of taking up Meta Knight :ohwell:

Top Bottom