• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to connect wavebird to wii?

j_red

Smash Rookie
I keep seeing all these posts on what controller to use for brawl. Since my TV is about 10-15 feet away and my wii is on top of the tv, I won't be able to use a normal gamecube controller(don't have one anyway).

Does the wii have a feature where you can wirelessly connect the wavebird to the wii just like the wiimote?

If not I guess I'll just have to use wiimote/nunchuck.

AlbinoMonk

Smash Cadet
you...plug in the wavebird adapter where you'd plug in a gamecube controller anyways. Its not complicated

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
You connect a Wavebird to a Wii the same way you connect a wavebird to a gamecube:

Take the receiver, the gray rectangle that plugs in, and set it to whatever channel your Wavebird is on. Plug it into the Gamecube controller slot. Turn on the wavebird.

If you're having trouble finding the Gamecube controller slots on the Wii, they're in the top, you flip open the cover; they're behind the memory card slots.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer

Plug the Wavebird receiver into the Wii's Gamecube controller ports. Sync the signals. You use it exactly as you would on a Gamecube.

Zinger314

Smash Cadet
The Wiimote uses Bluetooth, not conventional wireless.

Plug the Wavebird receiver into the top of the wii.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
You can buy (via eBay) extension cords for the controllers if you want a wired controller.

mwhp13

Smash Rookie
I just got myself a wavebird and it works exremely well with my wii. Just hook it up the same as you would to a gc.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Too bad you can't find Wavebirds anymore though. They are $100 USD new on Amazon... I don't mind getting another wired controller but I hate the cords. Make yours last XD

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I am assuming no one would buy a used controller, that sort of defeats the purpose of buying one :p
Never mind, my bad, I didn't click on the buying options, but yea they are a lot of money :( Why did Nintendo have to discontinue them and where is it on their online shop. They said they'd still sell it there, but it's nowhere to be found. They have the batteries but not the controller, wtf is that?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I thought they said they were only continuing production of wired GCN controllers. They are probably cheaper to produce and they [Nintendo] aren't too worried about the sales; people that need them (eg. people like us) will buy them, but most people will be more worried about Wii hardware.

Top Bottom