• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Chain Grab with Sheik

Zero34

Smash Lord
ive been trying to chain grab with her, but im not exactly sure how to do it so could someone post combos with her chain grab or something? is it down throw or up throw or forward throw? things like that. or what characters does it work best on

thanks

emubreath

Smash Journeyman
it works on fast fallers, and mid fallers. really light characters like zelda, it won't work on. fast fallers, like falco, will fall too fast at low percentages, so you can ftilt to keep them up, then catch them

Zero34

Smash Lord
oh okay, so characters like marth, zelda, mario (?) it wont work on?

thanks

also, does she have a foward chain throw

crazyforkillua

Smash Journeyman
I dont think so but this is just off the top of my head. I dont feel like turning the game on. Yea,the chain throws work on fast fallers like Gannondorf,Marth,Roy,Falco, etc

Nucks

Smash Apprentice
Eh?
It works on Falco?
I've NEVER seen that happen before. I was told it's impossible to chain falco/fox.
And i'm pretty sure that's true, so I'm going to wait for verification.

Usually it does work on Doc/Mario but only at low percents and you can only get 3 maybe 4 in before they can either DI it, Nair, or jump out of it.

I find it's easy to do it on marth too.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Um it dosn't work on a good marth, after like the 2nd or 3rd throw, and nucks, it works on falco at "high" percentages, same for fox.

Zero34

Smash Lord
yeah, that is what ive noticed. sometimes too fast, so i need higher percentages

okay thanks guys. but of course, anymore advice is still welcomed

WaterTails

Smash Lord
It doesn't work too well when your opponent DI's, but against my friend, I just give him a high percentage and run to about where he will be

runaway_mario

Smash Apprentice
but how many times could u do it to marth? he seems a little floaty to be grabbed over and over again

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
There's no real set number of how many times you can chain throw a character because it all depends on the person playing. I.E. how good they DI, how god their nair timing is etc.

The F-Tilt in between the grab's is a great idea btw. (new to me)

And if you're just learning chain throwing, something I used to do (still do sometimes) which won't really help you at all but is fun is put on a lvl9 ganon and chain throw him to like 100% :) It' just amusing.

Zero34

Smash Lord
floatier characters cant be chainthrown as well, neither can very fast fallers like fox and falco. everyone in between gets destroyed though. and yes, ftilts do help just like marth's utilt helps his chain throw on FF

JFox

Smash Hero
Not to sound like a newb, but sometimes I am unclear who is considered what kind of faller. Mainly stuff like who is a semi-floaty vs. floaty (for example- game and watch).

Is there a list of what kind of faller every character is?

Drephen

Smash Master
JFox said:
Not to sound like a newb, but sometimes I am unclear who is considered what kind of faller. Mainly stuff like who is a semi-floaty vs. floaty (for example- game and watch).

Is there a list of what kind of faller every character is?
fast fallers are falcon falco and fox usually. look at a stats list to find out which characters fall at what rate. Should be in melee discussion or something.

Digamma said:
There's no real set number of how many times you can chain throw a character because it all depends on the person playing. I.E. how good they DI, how god their nair timing is etc.
there is a set number according to the character, their percent, and which way they DI, but yeah things can get complicated

runaway_mario said:
but how many times could u do it to marth? he seems a little floaty to be grabbed over and over again
If marth DI's away from you, you can chain grab him again to fairly high percents, if he doesnt DI you can chaingrab him to like 40-50% or something. But marth can get outta this if he DI's back and jumps. If you find a stupid marth that DI's back and doesnt jump you can do a tipper upsmash for good damage.

Animal control said:
It is down-throw and follow each direction they go. Also you could do it from 0% to death.
Following the tech is good but you cant do it 0-death unless the opponent techs the same way every freakin time which is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy unlikely

Nucks said:
Eh?
It works on Falco?
I've NEVER seen that happen before. I was told it's impossible to chain falco/fox.
And i'm pretty sure that's true, so I'm going to wait for verification.
you can't chain throw fox and falco at low percents, if you are doing so then your opponent sucks and doesnt know how to DI/jump outta grabs.

It is possible to chain throw falco and fox at high percents, but you might as well just go for the kill at that point.

K1T3

Smash Lord
When Chaining Link and another sheik at low percents for example, should you jump cancel your grab or just do a regular dash grab? I find I can't chain either of them till around 50 so I'm not sure which grab I sould use, thx.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Just Downthrow man xD
If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, if it works, chain throw the hell autto them =P
Link is ***** by Sheiks Dthrow for example =)

edit:
aaahh, there was a second page... xD

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Following the tech is good but you cant do it 0-death unless the opponent techs the same way every freakin time which is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy unlikely
i mean you clearly can 0-death them. tech chasing spacies isn't about prediction, it's about reaction. if you know how to do it well enough, they could potentially never escape.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
Just down throw mid-fallers. Like some people said, it is pretty hard to chaingrab fastfallers at low percentages, so, I wouldn't reccomend it on fast fallers until about 40% or so.

Top Bottom