• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat anybody with captain falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I got the most epic Falcon Punch KO recorded against a friend the other day.

He was Metaknight and I was Falcon, right? So it was near the end of the match. We were both on the deciding stock. I jumped into the air attempting to get him with an Uair, but he used his Mach Tornado and caught me in it, and traveled upwards with it. However, I DI'd out of it just as the final hit came out, so I didn't get sent flying away. We were both falling back towards the level, but he was immobile from the Mach tornado...

So as we were falling, I suddenly felt my inner Falcon Punch calling to me, and I hit the B button with a shower of masculinity, and Captain Falcon, level with Metaknight pulled back his fist and delivered a falling Falcon Punch that connected as we both landed on the ground, right in the middle of the stage.

It was such an epic way to end a match. I just had to jump into the air and thrust out my knee while screaming "YEASS!!"

Medic

Smash Cadet
Quite epic. Actually, Falcon Punch is not a bad way to surprise kill anyone. Just keep it quiet until they don't think you'll actually use it. It's more of a trap than a weapon.

zaf

Smash Lord
Quite epic. Actually, Falcon Punch is not a bad way to surprise kill anyone. Just keep it quiet until they don't think you'll actually use it. It's more of a trap than a weapon.
true say! my friends always try and get me with a surprise falcon punch and usually get it, its the most pride damaging move in the game lol.

and nice way to end the match

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'd post it here, but i have no way to record it. If anyone wants to take the replay off me and record it themselves, I'll be happy to send it via wii and brawl code.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You can't actually land the Falcon Punch unless your opponent MAJORLY screws up. Like whiff their recovery horribly, which really shouldn't happen ever...Unless I dunno, NESSBOUNDER's case, or if Snake is recovering close to the stage.

Oh hey, I can actually record NESSBOUNDER. Drat, that means I need to find my Wii code though huh. ><

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i have a 100% sure way of landing it. it goes like this ...example vvvvvvvvv

this is you____________________________oppenent on this side.

you do a reverse falcon punch but you DI it so you seem like your gonna land right in front of them but then you DI behind them. they die. you win. im batting a thousand with that.

WIN

Smash Cadet

...IT'S A TRAP!!!

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
I've hit falcon punches in competitive matches. Actually, most epic falcon punch I've ever landed is on the halberd stage. I'm on my last life and the opponent is camping *MK trying to out prioritize my moves* with 2 stocks. The halberd super laser fires, so he taunts while he waits for it to vanish, while I jump over it and falcon punch!!!! I was laughing so hard, he came back and killed me... still epic though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Don't talk bad about it A2ZOMG everybody knows that it is a 100% chance that it will hit
In your idealized world, yes.

Am I the only Captain Falcon fan who is realistic here? The Falcon Punch is WORSE in Brawl. In Melee, you could combo into it occasionally. In Brawl, you can't. You can't land the Falcon Punch in 1 vs 1s unless you have combos. Find a different opponent if you ever land one in 1 vs 1s. IT SUCKS.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Whether or not Captain Falcon is good or not doesn't change the fact I like him a lot. If I didn't like him, I wouldn't have used him and figured out why he sucks horribly.

I'm not going to deviate from brutal honesty when it comes to Captain Falcon though. It's partly because I do not appreciate the general flaws of the stereotypical Falcon fan. I will not be one of those.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
In your idealized world, yes.

Am I the only Captain Falcon fan who is realistic here? The Falcon Punch is WORSE in Brawl. In Melee, you could combo into it occasionally. In Brawl, you can't. You can't land the Falcon Punch in 1 vs 1s unless you have combos. Find a different opponent if you ever land one in 1 vs 1s. IT SUCKS.
That's not true though. You can get even the best players with a Falcon Punch sometimes, it just doesn't happen very often. It is definitely not useless in 1v1, it's just risky like almost every other one of his moves. It's a mindgame move and the turnaround ability adds to the mindgamey-ness. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's some godsend of a move or anything but it definitely can still be used. You'll run out of opponents if you get a new one everytime you land a Punch.

The Great Morphologous

Smash Rookie
Whether or not Captain Falcon is good or not doesn't change the fact I like him a lot. If I didn't like him, I wouldn't have used him and figured out why he sucks horribly.

I'm not going to deviate from brutal honesty when it comes to Captain Falcon though. It's partly because I do not appreciate the general flaws of the stereotypical Falcon fan. I will not be one of those.
That's like saying you are a Chuck Norris fan because he was a great actor. Nobody cares about how he acts, just like Falcon's inability to combo doesn't come to mind when saying he is the greatest video game character of all time.

mesCo

Smash Cadet
mix it up with reverse captain punches.. it seems to work well. but reverse it in the air cuz the ground is way to predictable

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Look I'll act like a **** to A2ZOMG when he's saying somehting wrong. But here he's right. Because although this should be a joke thread, some of you are taking it seriously.

Falcon Punch does work sometimes. So does ganons...I mean, there are times the person isn't paying attention. But if that is the case, they aren't very good. Unless you can outspace a move laggy enough to start the punch, watch them miss, and laugh as you punch through their lag, there should be no way to hit. And if you can constantly outspace/out-time them, pick a better character and have a chance to win.

I mean, I can't use falcon in melee, but I respected him. I can use falcon in brawl, and although he isn't as bad as people say he is (A2ZOMG, who forgets that even though he is one of the worst chars in brawl, there is less divide between the best and worst characters) he is worse on almost all levels than almost all characters.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Look I'll act like a **** to A2ZOMG when he's saying somehting wrong. But here he's right. Because although this should be a joke thread, some of you are taking it seriously.

Falcon Punch does work sometimes. So does ganons...I mean, there are times the person isn't paying attention. But if that is the case, they aren't very good. Unless you can outspace a move laggy enough to start the punch, watch them miss, and laugh as you punch through their lag, there should be no way to hit. And if you can constantly outspace/out-time them, pick a better character and have a chance to win.

I mean, I can't use falcon in melee, but I respected him. I can use falcon in brawl, and although he isn't as bad as people say he is (A2ZOMG, who forgets that even though he is one of the worst chars in brawl, there is less divide between the best and worst characters) he is worse on almost all levels than almost all characters.
I don't think anyone was being a **** to A2ZOMG so I don't know where you got that. The thread of course is a joke but he took it seriously so there's nothing wrong with other people doing so as well.

And once again I disagree. Just because someone gets hit by a Falcon or Warlock Punch doesn't mean they weren't paying attention, they just made a mistake. Sometimes in Brawl there are situations where well-timed Falcon/Warlock Punches CAN work. You mindgame them into using a laggy Smash and Falcon Punch can work. It's not like you have to just hope someone walks into it or anything, you can actually use it as a follow-up with proper opponent prediction. Does it work all the time? No. Is it dependable? No. It's worth trying though because when it hits it's great and even if you miss the move is one of the scariest in the game and can intimidate people into running away so you don't get punished. Will you get punished sometimes though? Yes. But the same goes for pretty much every other move Falcon has to offer. Use the Punch smartly and you can have some success with it against ANYONE.

Also I hope you don't think I'm chewing you out or acting like a **** or anything because I'm not, I'm just explaining my viewpoint on the topic.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anyone was being a **** to A2ZOMG so I don't know where you got that. The thread of course is a joke but he took it seriously so there's nothing wrong with other people doing so as well.

And once again I disagree. Just because someone gets hit by a Falcon or Warlock Punch doesn't mean they weren't paying attention, they just made a mistake. Sometimes in Brawl there are situations where well-timed Falcon/Warlock Punches CAN work. You mindgame them into using a laggy Smash and Falcon Punch can work. It's not like you have to just hope someone walks into it or anything, you can actually use it as a follow-up with proper opponent prediction. Does it work all the time? No. Is it dependable? No. It's worth trying though because when it hits it's great and even if you miss the move is one of the scariest in the game and can intimidate people into running away so you don't get punished. Will you get punished sometimes though? Yes. But the same goes for pretty much every other move Falcon has to offer. Use the Punch smartly and you can have some success with it against ANYONE.

Also I hope you don't think I'm chewing you out or acting like a **** or anything because I'm not, I'm just explaining my viewpoint on the topic.
Pretty much this.

As thrown around and whored as the term is, you gotta work that mindgame, son!

I no longer like the word 'mindgame' so instead I'll go with what it really boils down to: Being unpredictable. Unpredictability is your greatest asset, and when applied correctly, causes things that "shouldn't" or "wouldn't" happen against a "real opponent" to happen anyway.

It DOES kill at 60%. Worth a shot if you see an opening.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Pretty much this.

As thrown around and whored as the term is, you gotta work that mindgame, son!

I no longer like the word 'mindgame' so instead I'll go with what it really boils down to: Being unpredictable. Unpredictability is your greatest asset, and when applied correctly, causes things that "shouldn't" or "wouldn't" happen against a "real opponent" to happen anyway.

It DOES kill at 60%. Worth a shot if you see an opening.
Yeah and the reverse punch kills at 46% or something like that. Definitely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom