• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Should They Be Represented? Day 5: King K. Rool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Toad: Playable.

I want a Mario 2 Event Match.

Nomination: Ancient Minister (Super Smash Brothers Brawl)

andimidna

Smash Master
Great thread!
Toad: Peach's B attack

He's earned playable, sure. But he's also confirmed to be part of this attack.
I see nothing good coming from him being in both places.
I also don't see having 6 Mario characters as being looked at positively.
I don't think it would be a smart move to switch on us like that after 3 deconfirmations.
He was deconfirmed on the anniversary of his debut/ the reveal of Peach, the release date of 3d world (the only 3d main Mario where he's playable), and just hours before the reveal of the actual 5th Mario character (Rosalina).

I like surprises, but this is too much.
At this point, Toad would surprise me more than Wii Fit Trainer did.
So for all those reasons... it's best he stays a move.... for now......

Nomination: Midna

Toad:playable

Toad laid an egg! :p
The biggest Mario character we have left that's not playable. And stuff other people said.

I dunno.... Honey Queen is pretty BIG....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll join in on this.
Toad
What his representation should be: Playable Character

I heavily sympathize with the Toad fans. Whether you love or hate the fungus, you cannot deny that he has an amazing longevity within the Mario series and a rather impressive list of games that he is featured in.
He is popular in Japan, in fact he is one of the most popular characters within that region. However, this doesn't translate well in terms of Smash requests. Could it be pessimism as him being Peach's Neutral Special or lack of interest? It's unknown. Despite this, Toad has defined himself as a Nintendo All-Star and he has a ton to draw from.
I can only hope that he will get what he deserves in the future.

Nomination: MONADO! LEND US YOUR POWER! (Shulk)

Last edited by a moderator:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Toad: Assist Trophy

Reason: Toad sucks. He should be evicted from Peach's dress and forced into a capsule, that upon activation, summons him to serve his true purpose in Mario games, to be jumped on to great bouncy effect like in Toad Houses. Ooh, or he could give you items... like in the Toad House.

Nomination: K. Rool

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ok everyone!
Day 1 of How Should They Be Represented is officially over!

Let's move on to Day 2, where we shall be looking at Isaac from GoldenSun!

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Two for two, I've gotta go with Playable. Isaac is the figurehead of the unrepresented Golden Sun series, and he's perfect newcomer material. No one can fairly claim that he would be anything less than an original fighter with swordplay, elemental magic, and creature summons available to him, and Sakurai likes him enough to have made him an Assist in Brawl. Also, it's rare that trends in Smash have only one form of representation, so Little Mac needs an Assist-->Newcomer partner.

Nomination: Dixie Kong

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
For Isaac, I'm split between assist trophy and playable character.
Golden Sun has a cult following, but none of the games have really made a big enough splash to push Isaac into the roster as a playable character. But his cult popularity could still earn him that spot.

Nomination: Tingle

D

Deleted member

Isaac
Representation:
Playable

Isaac is by far the second most likely Assist Trophy to be playable. Yet... I am just not feeling like he is going to obtain that playable slot.
There is a lot of things going for him; namely uniqueness (he is probably one of the most unique characters that could be added), western popularity, and pre-Brawl popularity. However, Golden Sun hasn't been heard from in a long time and his demand seems to have died down.
I don't think that Dark Dawn was the death of Isaac's chances, but I feel like that they are weaker here to really push him as a playable character. I just... can't see him be playable. I can see other franchises get a character before Golden Sun does.
Despite this, I think that he should be playable. As I've mentioned before, he would definitely be one of the most unique characters in Smash and he has the following to push himself in for a playable inclusion.

Nomination: Shulk

andimidna

Smash Master
Isaac: Playable character.

Golden Sun is big enough. He is popular enough.
I see it as 50/50, but in the end, I hope Sakurai chooses playable.

Nomination: Tiki (Fire Emblem)

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Isaac: Playable Character
Golden Sun sold more than double the amout Xenoblade did, The Lost Age sold around 50% more than Xenoblade, and Xenoblade only barely outsold Dark Dawn with 85m and 70m.
You can easily see that Isaac deserves the spot more than Shulk, whom you all say is "guaranteed".

One more thing: Kid Icarus: Uprising didn't even outsell The Lost Age.
So why does a series with worse sales deserve a second character, while a series with better sales doesn't even deserve one? (Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if Palutena got in.)

Nomination: Ridley

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Representation: Playable Character.

The magic in Golden Sun was cool and I think would translate well.

Nomination: Fawful

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Isaac - Assist Trophy

Meh.

Kalos Trainer (Ches/Braix/Gren)

Isaac: Playable Character
Golden Sun sold more than double the amout Xenoblade did, The Lost Age sold around 50% more than Xenoblade, and Xenoblade only barely outsold Dark Dawn with 85m and 70m.
I call absolute bull****. You can't compare the two games when one came out that much before the other. And if we're going to use random reasoning like this, Xenoblaze is a hell of a lot better than GS: The Lost Age.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Isaac: Playable
Golden Sun is one of the more notable Nintendo IPs not currently having playable representation. Isaac himself has enough to work with for two or three movesets alone.

Seeing Isaac get recognised enough to make it to Assist Trophy last time was pretty impressive, but all it's done is made the Golden Sun fans want him even more as a playable. Isaac is by far the next most wanted Assist to become a playable after Little Mac.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588

Many people say Dark Dawn is reason enough to excuse him but his previous two games sold even better than the first 2 Pikmin games and Olimar got in with just those. Not to mention that Isaac has a lot of popularity and an extremely unique moveset potential.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac - Playable

Golden Sun was probably the most important Nintendo franchise during my childhood. (along with Pokemon) It was one of the first jrpgs I remember playing and loving. Golden Sun as a franchise means a lot to me and a Smash Bros without a Golden Sun rep will never feel complete to me, it just won't.

Isaac can use psynergy to control the elements (but his primary element is earth), can use utility psynergy (that's the hand he uses in brawl) in many different ways. He would also have access to the Djinn and Summons. There's a fun and unique moveset ready and waiting.

Isaac and the Golden Sun franchise deserve a playable rep so so so much, it's unreal.

Edit: Got so into it I forgot my nomination, here you go: Shulk

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Representation: Playable

Isaac is a character that has been wanted since Pre-Brawl. And the series Golden Sun is big enough and worthy of a representer. I think Nintendo knows this as much as how I do. And they included him as an Assist Trophy, but this time it is Isaac's turn to step one step closer by becoming a Playable Character. !!!

Nomination: You skipped my Nominee.... so I try again CHIBI-ROBO

Groose

Smash Champion
I don't have much of an attachment to him, but he's from a franchise that is popular enough that it should have a character.

Nominate: Sandbag

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
I call absolute bull****. You can't compare the two games when one came out that much before the other. And if we're going to use random reasoning like this, Xenoblaze is a hell of a lot better than GS: The Lost Age.
Keep foolin' yourself, man. You and your bias. I'm just looking at the facts.

D

Deleted member

Keep foolin' yourself, man. You and your bias. I'm just looking at the facts.
I find this arguing and bickering between Shulk and Isaac supporters to be rather pointless. The two aren't competing with each other at all; if one gets in, the other one perfectly can as well.
After doing some research, I would give the edge to Shulk, but we shouldn't fight over the two. That's a bit ridiculous.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
I find this arguing and bickering between Shulk and Isaac supporters to be rather pointless. The two aren't competing with each other at all; if one gets in, the other one perfectly can as well.
In actuality, I support Shulk.
After doing some research, I would give the edge to Shulk, but we shouldn't fight over the two. That's a bit ridiculous.
But this is why I'm so hostile to his followers. Despite Golden Sun having more sales, more games, and a bigger overall impact in Nintendo's history, and despite Shulk only appearing in one of the two games in his series, people still say Shulk is the better swordsman and deserves to be a playable character in this game more.
I know they aren't competing, but when others say that Isaac doesn't deserve to be a playable character, and Shulk does, it just makes me angry.

I also picked on Kid Icarus, to make you Shulk fans happy, btw.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know they aren't competing, but when others say that Isaac doesn't deserve to be a playable character, and Shulk does, it just makes me angry.
I understand the frustration.
I think that both characters deserve to be playable. Isaac has the uniqueness going for him to be playable. However, I am just a bit skeptical towards a playable inclusion.
EDIT: I'll change AT to Playable because that's how it should be for Isaac. Though, I am still doubtful.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Isaac: Playable. This is a little bit of a stretch I think, but it doesn't change that he's an important and popular character in a pretty successful series.

Nomination: Rhythm Heaven

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Isaac should be playable.

I have always wanted him in since pre-Brawl... I enjoyed the original Golden Sun... and despite what haters say, I still enjoyed Dark Dawn... I think Isaac (or Matthew) would be very unique with the Psynergy hands... it would be almost like using Master Hand and Crazy Hand as part of Isaac's moveset... the Psynergy hands would be doing the punching, grabbing, slapping, etc. The earth elemental magic could be used for normal attacks.

Nomination: Duck Hunt Dog

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Isaac playable all day.

There are so many reasons why he could fit in the SSB world. Even with his Assist Trophy it was obscure and unique. Straying from the average swordsman Isaac can use two amazing abilities. First being magic such as Move (with the AT being an example). I would love to see Ragnarok be a skill but it probably wouldn't fit well. Maybe if it was like Shield Breaker or something and took forever to come out. Next is the fact he can use Djinn. Flint was the iconic Djinn move for Isaac in the first game. It is your basic powered up jump slash. Finally we get to the summon portion which could a whole new aspect. I'd see it as a Down special of sorts. Switching his playstyle from an offensive attacker to more of a defensive one. With this his final smash could be one of the fourth tier specials.

Too lazy didn't read? Isaac for SSB4.
I also nominate Chrom.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Isaac has almost TOO much potential. I wouldnt even know where to first begin translating his character: weapons, Psynergy, Djinn... ahh, Im too happy with it. He has nearly too much to include.

Of course, he needs to be playable.

Nominate: Sandbag, because how can someone really want him playable? I'd like to see, and get it out of the way.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Agreed.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Isaac: Playable of course, he should have never been put as a Assist Trophy to begin with, especially since he could of been on Brawl's roster instead of some of those characters that were playable.

He's the main character of Golden Sun, and Golden Sun needs a playable character, this has been something everybody wanted since Melee, as seen in Brawl with Isaac being a mere Assist Trophy, it is important to have him playable so people play as him and it keeps the Golden Sun fanbase together because we all play this Super Smash Bros game and this game makes characters popular and us wanting to see them in a new game, Pit in Brawl good example because eventually we got Uprising.

Isaac as a Assist Trophy wasn't good enough, and the Dark Dawn let down didn't help, we need Isaac playable to give the fanbase more hope for the series because sure we may in a Dark Dawn aftermath, but it seems we will see a bright Golden Sun future and we need to look to that.

Felix can replace Isaac as a Assist Trophy using the Move Psynergy.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Isaac: Alt for Matthew. :troll: But in all seriousness, playable.

Nomination: King K Rool

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hmmm... is updating another day process?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Zzzzzzzzzz YAAAAWWWWWN zzzzzzzzzzzzzz SNOOOOOORE zzzzzzzzzzzz
*wakes up and realized I still haven't updated the thread*
SHIET!!!

Let's see here....
The Golden-Warrior Sun thing, Isaac, was voted as playable!
Almost everyone said he deserves to be playable, with a couple people saying assist, or saying they couldn't decide.
So Isaac proves to be a character that many people want, but some people aren't sure about!

On Day 3 (or is it actually 5? 6?), we will be voting for Sandbag. I am trying to get this up as fast as possible, so I didn't have time to make sure of all the nominations, but I'm pretty sure Sandy won. :p

Anyway....GO PLAYABLE SANDBAG!!!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sandbag
Representation: Sandbag

Nuff said.

Nomination: Shulk

andimidna

Smash Master
Sandbag:
-Sandbag