• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How should nintendo change Sonic from the demo to the finished game?

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I like this topic too, but I don't think the bump was necessary.

Oh, and another thing! Why doesn't Sonic have a rapid A attack? I'm not complaining or nothing, I never even use rapid A, but it seems odd that the fastest thing alive doesn't have something like that. Chun-Li standing kick, anyone? If Fox can do it, Sonic can do it!

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Sonic should have his insta-shield. It should appear during the first few frames of his NAir with good knock back like a few of the other character's sex kicks were.

Then after the insta-shield he should just keep spinning and if they touch him during the frames after the insta-shield then they will get hit rapidly like Mewtwo's NAir in melee.

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
That's dumb. What you said should be reversed. He should spin while rapidly attacking (Mewtwo Nair) and finish with a knockback. He doesn't even have to finish with a knockback. It could simply be a damage/combo builder. That would be pretty interesting.

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
I wanted it for a few shorthop to NAir combos it will be a lot faster... or you could just leave it the same and have the insta-shield pop out if you tap A again during it. That'd be pretty cool.
I agree. That would be pretty cool. And that's something that I don't recall ever being tried in Smash. They should ad the ability to end your rapid combos (Mewtwo N-air) by pushing A again. Now that would be cool.

Ryusuke

Smash Cadet
Oh, and another thing! Why doesn't Sonic have a rapid A attack? I'm not complaining or nothing, I never even use rapid A, but it seems odd that the fastest thing alive doesn't have something like that. Chun-Li standing kick, anyone? If Fox can do it, Sonic can do it!
Come to think of it, SEGA could of done his moveset better. They didn't take full advantage of his anatomy. He doesn't just RUN fast. His whole body goes at the speed of sound.

It'd be cool, if they enabled Sonic to use Charge Spin Dash after grabbing an opponent. He could throw the opponent at epic porportions (see Sonic CD's ending)

Top Bottom