• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How reliable are diddys grabs for KOing?

Diddy King

Smash Cadet
Like sometimes I use Ness and I've lerned grabs can be deadly. Obviously diddys grabs are no ware near ness' but is it a good substitution for his weak smashes? On final D I think its pretty useless but on Corneria I think it can be good.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
A fresh Fthrow at around 140% for most of the cast near the edge of FD (so just grab them near the edge) will KO I've noticed. Even with good DI

I use Fthrow to ko, and if its a tad stale and didn't, Diddy has an awesome edgeguarding game vs most of the cast

IDK

Smash Lord
good example P1. but yeah sometimes i'll fthrow kill after a banana.

saberhof

Smash Master
Great explanations^

I find Fthrow AND Bthrow both good kill moves, i dont doubt them both, i actually sometimes go for a pivot grab to Bthrow after a banana slip :D...very nifty stuff

but yeah after 150%, even if you used it, it might still send them very far, so they are VERY reliable...

IDK

Smash Lord
i think someone posted once i dont remember the percentage but dthrow to dash off edge and spike. saber: why would you pivot to bthrow? not as strong as fthrow. right?

saberhof

Smash Master
it looks awesome after they slip...and it changes a directory they were clearly pressing or something they tried to do...i have tested this with people and i look at their controller while doing it. pretty amazing what you can do....

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Bthrow does seem to have kill potential as well, not strong as fthrow though. Someone should do percents on diffrent weight classes with fresh throws

Vall3y

Smash Lord
you can just kill with fthrow on very high % by instant throwing them if they dont di

they arent reliable like any of diddy's ko moves

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
They set up for edgeguarding well.

They don't really KO until higher % unless you're on a small stage (Corneria was already listed, and is a good example of this).

Martial

Smash Apprentice
They won't KO until high percents. If you're playing someone like Ness, it's better to just grab release them and Dsmash.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
the momentum of the throw changes like sometimes B Throw is better because u use the f throw a lot

Mattmiston

Smash Apprentice
I havn't killed any human with a throw in my memory, I've landed a few on computers, but it's difficult to rely on throws against humans. I do use grabs/throws after throwing a banana at someone, though.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I havn't killed any human with a throw in my memory, I've landed a few on computers, but it's difficult to rely on throws against humans. I do use grabs/throws after throwing a banana at someone, though.
Really? I average at least four or five KOs via F-throw or B-throw a night. ROB can be KOed in the neighborhood of 130% near the edges of Final Destination with B-throws (if it's fresh, of course), and Meta Knight falls to this at considerably earlier percents.

One thing that I have noticed that no one else does throughout the match is pound their opponents after grabbing them. The flash and the glitz and glamour that comes with keeping a constant rhythm going by glide-tossing like a maniac and immediately cartwheeling into aerial setups and and the grabbing and B-throwing looks pretty cool; but these days I'm all about stacking on damage with attacks that I know aren't viable kill moves, especially if it's for free. You can normally get anywhere between 2-5 consecutive D-tilts on an opponent depending on their DI, and most people really tend to do a halfhearted job with button-mashing in order to break a grab. I'm all about trading the rhythm of a flashy offense for free damage, and you're going to enjoy it even more when an extra 8% from four pounds on an opponent in the upper 100% range results in a F-throw kill near the side of one stage.

Top Bottom