• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How poeple view Brawl CF<

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Has Captain Falcon's reputation been completely lost in Brawl? It seems like the only thing that anyone on this site ever says about him is "CF is crap" and "Wow. He's da worst char evar!". I don't think we can even fix this at this point... :(

jtamm1988

Smash Rookie
thats all i hear from alot of ppl, im new to the boards so i dont know alot as others, but also think ppl are comparing him to melee falcon, and i know he got nerfed alot but i dont think he the worst character IMO.

the only way to fix it is to prove them wrong

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Thankyou. Poeple like you are few and far between. I don't want CF to be that character that poeple begin to hate just becuase he is considered "low tier".

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
lol only those who have face a true falcon pro would change their mind
u don't have to tell them to think differently, u just have to show them

LosKnoggos

Smash Apprentice
I've never played to a really good CF and Im not mainign him. But in my opinion hes pretty fun to play. And may be good if you train enough.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I think people aren't giving his game enough chance to see his potential.

SilentSpectre made it to the finals w. his Falcon, and people were weirded out.
And LOLOL, when I was at the tourney yesterday I won the first round I played in w. Falcon vs Marth/DDD and everyone was cheering, I heard a lot of "HEY, FALCON ISN'T SUPPOSED TO WIN, WHAT IS THIS?" and, "**** how can you play Falcon?" ~ Funny stuff that made my day... xD

jtamm1988

Smash Rookie
To be honest, I think people aren't giving his game enough chance to see his potential.

And LOLOL, when I was at the tourney yesterday I won the first round I played in w. Falcon vs Marth/DDD and everyone was cheering, I heard a lot of "HEY, FALCON ISN'T SUPPOSED TO WIN, WHAT IS THIS?" and, "**** how can you play Falcon?" ~ Funny stuff that made my day... xD
soon enough ppl will say "HEY, FALCON IS SUPPOSED TO WIN, WHAT IS THIS?" when we lose a match

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman

Now thats funny, I should do that to people with Falcon.

Tujex

Smash Ace
*It's simply because Falcon's game has slowed considerably fromt he breakneck speed of Melee, and the bone shatering Speed of the Captain during the Melee era. His combos were unmatched, his speed was unmatched, and in terms of power....that knee was destructive level 9.

Since Brawl has been slowed down so...and in turn, so has the Captain....everyone looks down on him since he's not bone-shatteringly fast anymore and his combo ability was practically ripped from the game (But then again so was everybody else's).

And I've heard people actually complain that the knee was to hard to connect in this game? >_>

jtamm1988

Smash Rookie
*It's simply because Falcon's game has slowed considerably fromt he breakneck speed of Melee, and the bone shatering Speed of the Captain during the Melee era. His combos were unmatched, his speed was unmatched, and in terms of power....that knee was destructive level 9.

Since Brawl has been slowed down so...and in turn, so has the Captain....everyone looks down on him since he's not bone-shatteringly fast anymore and his combo ability was practically ripped from the game (But then again so was everybody else's).

And I've heard people actually complain that the knee was to hard to connect in this game? >_>
it is harder to sweetspot but the more u play with it practice it,it gets easier

Iwan

Smash Ace
I tend to get more respect for maining falcon, actually......

Sure, people crack jokes. But people are impressed with a fairly competent falcon more so than any other character. Sweetspotting for a kill or Falcon Punching for one still gets the crowd pretty excited at tournies. Smashers at the LAN center i play at get on my side a lot because I'm using falcon....

I'm sure any other falcon who plays with a large amount of smashers can attest to this. Artie? Darkyanite? Keykid mentioned to me at the tournament he went to everyone was rooting for him....

We don't have it so bad. Yes, our character is possibly bottom tier, low at best.....but we can still win with him. Hell, we can still beat top tier characters with him. We could use Marth, or Metaknight, or Snake.....but in reality, I'm not M2K, or Alpha Zealot. I don't plan on coming in first place at a tournament....because honestly there are tons of people out there who are far more talented and technical than me at smash bros.

Of course i want to win. I play this game competitively. But am I going to be a clone and use the characters that 90 percent of the competitive community uses? No....I want to stand out. I want to enjoy this community while i still can (life does start at some point..)......I want to be the underdog, and when everything's said and done I want to be known as a good falcon player who people respected.

That's what you guys should want. That or more.

Sorry for the rant...just started typing and that's where it ended.....ha....

All I'm saying is that I think that while our character might be a "joke", we as falcon mainers, players who know what they're doing with falcon, who do relatively well with him....we get a lot of respect.

That's my take.

jtamm1988

Smash Rookie
I tend to get more respect for maining falcon, actually......

Sure, people crack jokes. But people are impressed with a fairly competent falcon more so than any other character. Sweetspotting for a kill or Falcon Punching for one still gets the crowd pretty excited at tournies. Smashers at the LAN center i play at get on my side a lot because I'm using falcon....

I'm sure any other falcon who plays with a large amount of smashers can attest to this. Artie? Darkyanite? Keykid mentioned to me at the tournament he went to everyone was rooting for him....

We don't have it so bad. Yes, our character is possibly bottom tier, low at best.....but we can still win with him. Hell, we can still beat top tier characters with him. We could use Marth, or Metaknight, or Snake.....but in reality, I'm not M2K, or Alpha Zealot. I don't plan on coming in first place at a tournament....because honestly there are tons of people out there who are far more talented and technical than me at smash bros.

Of course i want to win. I play this game competitively. But am I going to be a clone and use the characters that 90 percent of the competitive community uses? No....I want to stand out. I want to enjoy this community while i still can (life does start at some point..)......I want to be the underdog, and when everything's said and done I want to be known as a good falcon player who people respected.

That's what you guys should want. That or more.

Sorry for the rant...just started typing and that's where it ended.....ha....

All I'm saying is that I think that while our character might be a "joke", we as falcon mainers, players who know what they're doing with falcon, who do relatively well with him....we get a lot of respect.

That's my take.
that how i fell, i havent been to any tournys yet but i wanna stand out and even be the underdog and surprise ppl

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace

That is so completely awesome.

Show them your moves, guys.

Top Bottom