• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How often should you meteor smash?

criel

Smash Rookie
Hello,

Still trying to work on my game and still can't seem to figure out how to effectively meteor smash people. I guess just more and more playing would make it easier but not everyone can meteor smash, right? DDD, for example, can't correct? Everytime I try to with him the enemy flies up in the air and doesn't shoot down like some characters can do(Diddy for example).

Just trying to learn the ropes here, sorry for a novice question :)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Dair is the most common meteor smash. aerial.. Then you some fairs and specials.

Meteor smashes arent easy to get off. But they happen, some more tHan others

Focus on recovering and spacing first

Twinkles

Smash Lord
First know what characters can meteor smash and you also have to know if the character has any conditions for meteor smashing (Luigi's down-air, for example, needs to hit with a certain hitbox to meteor smash while Wolf's down-air, as one giant hitbox, just needs to hit to meteor smash).

There isn't a huge necessity to using meteor smashes at all so you probably would be better off practicing other things (Ussi said spacing and recovering, that is good)

That said, meteor smashes can drastically change a match under the right conditions, so it might be a good idea to practice them occasionally.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I only meteor smash if I feel like getting some style points.

Only meteor smash if you want to look sexy. Missing one will make spectators facepalm, so work on your aiming and timing.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Meteormashing is awesome if you can land it. It's not that hard or anything. You just need a good read and that's most of the time a stock gone.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
One of the main things to remember is the limitations of your character's recovery. Characters like Marth and DK don't meteor smash as you'd expect them to as the end lag on Dair etc. can often mean that you don't get back up (or at least it did for me while I was starting out). Learn what you can get away with while training alone. Once you've done that, chuck in a computer and learn to read approaches. Once you've got the hang of their 2D style, move onto people and learn to read adaptions.

Top Bottom