• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How often do you get deathgrabbed?

UberBen56

Smash Rookie
Well, how much? I want to find out how often it's done so I can decide to start sticking with other characters or not.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
Yea..I've been wondering this too. 'Cause my brother does this to me wayy too many times =/. So can you DI out of it?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
As Lucas, you really shouldn't get grabbed much. I get deathgrabbed maybe once every couple of matches. Also, it is escapble through "DI", but know marth can still dash grab or retreating pivot grab to continue it.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
IIRC, the characters that can death grab Lucas are Marth, Squirtle, Charizard and King Dedede. Aginst Zelda, you have a one frame window to remove yourself from her grab range.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
I don't get deathgrabbed nearly as much anymore. Probably because the people I play against that play Marth are Capt. Obvious when they're trying to grab me. I've yet to get Squirtlegrabbed or Charraped.

cheesdog

Smash Cadet
Someone want to throw me a link or definition for deathgrabbing? I assume I would know what it was if it happened so im going with never, but I just picked up lucas as a serious character. Use him mostly in free for all and not muc in 1v1.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Was playing the other day where a Wario chose to do it as much as he possibly could, but it really didn't effect the match that badly.

Sometimes I just need to be more careful because it's pretty avoidable.

c3gill

Smash Ace
any decent marth match I play it seems to happen.

I have only been release-***** by one PT main, and it was while he was squirtle.....

if i expect an opponent of trying, i will play a PK Fire keep-away game. Zap Jump and Mag Pulls can really help out in my running around, because it catches people by surprise.

Irsic

Smash Ace
When I play people who are just trying to death grab....(which is pretty obvious normally) I just PKF camp. Whatev.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
for me...well..

I have alot of WILL power to continue the match. I Don't give a fawk if I get chaingrab by peach of king D.

So far, only on friendlies...I havent bene death grab on tourney as of late...nor can't remeber.

Either way, I don't lose hope with my lucas...there always a way to kick their rear >:/.

shame on people whom death grab other lucas, that is SO unhonorably wrong...
if i get death grab by other lucases, don't espect me to play your lucas and don't you dare call your self the best because of this death grab, play with out it to be manly...or boish.

nuff said

I hate death grab, is the most unhonorably thing in brawl.

Levitas

the moon
Someone want to throw me a link or definition for deathgrabbing? I assume I would know what it was if it happened so im going with never, but I just picked up lucas as a serious character. Use him mostly in free for all and not muc in 1v1.
Marth grabs, holds L/R and rapidly presses A. If he gets the timing down for the regrab, you die. On lucas this may include dashgrabs if you hold away. This ends with you at high percent, and the marth player simply dsmashes you out of another grab release for the KO.

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
I've run into it every once in a while. Opponent never seems to land the kill smash though

Only one memorable time where it made me want to punch a baby: My Ness buddy and I were doin a 2v2 against 2 Marths. They would NOT do any other attacks. just grabbed when they had the chance. We eventually quit because there was nothing fun about waiting until they decide to end it

heytallman

CTALL
Once, this weird guy who randomly shows up to tourneys here in Houston played a friendly vs me. He picked Bowser, and grabbed me on the fire part of the stage, where the stage curves. He then proceeded to release chain grab me. I was like "for real, in a FRIENDLY?" It was dumb.

But I love Lucas' grab release > dtilt > fsmash for kills. It almost reverses the roles in the battle lol. For once you get to tell your opponent not to get grabbed!

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
You can double-stick DI out of it, but then it puts you in perfect position for a D-Smash tipper. Most marths usually only keep the death grab going for a few grabs, then they just smash.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
Can Toon Link also do it? Cause I've had it done a few times, maybe it's just me being crap.

Top Bottom