• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much time do you play melee?

Benihona

Smash Rookie
How much time do you guys play melee...

When it first came out i played like 6-7 days a week .. 3-4 hours a day

......but now that i work full time its like... 2-3 days a week... 30min at a time

what about all you guys?

Justin

Smash Apprentice
I've always played Smash on and off because stuff always came up and I have a hard time committing myself to one game...let alone one girl, but anyway. I've been playing it consistenly for the past month though. I'd say six days a week, two to three hours a day unless my friend/s are over in which case we play for about five hours or so unless there are other things to do.

alcheato

Smash Ace
I probably play an two hours a week if I'm lucky now. I'm usually too busy working nowadays to play and when I'm not, there's few people in my town that play at all and the ones that do really suck. My friends that play only play for fun and have no desire to get better so it's pretty lame.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
haha, dude your a smash bros nerd, you take what you meager action you can get and you know it.

yea ill get in around 3 hours a day. sometimes more. lots on the weekend... god the weekends are fukking miraculous.

Haha bro, I was joking about that part. And to be honest...you're actually kind of right, I don't get a lot of action from my girlfriend anymore. It's like with married couples I guess..it gets old with just the same person after so long. Thanks for rubbing it in...*******. :ohwell:

Lightshade

Smash Ace
I commited myself to the game ever since I won my first tournament, it was around last year. I play this game every day for about 2 hours total each day.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There's a thread with an actual poll to keep track of the answers with this same topic. Maybe you should search before making a thread.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Tooooo much. Really want to bring my Falco to a tournament and see how I fair, I have everything down to the last drop, and have won all of my local tournaments, guess it's time to see MLG. But back to the point, a while back I used to play 1-2 hours a day, 1 1/2 in melee and half an hour in practice mode and looking around online at various things.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i play everyday for at LEAST 2 hours a day, i havnt had this game long so im not that fed up with it yet. i would play beast long hours a day if i had a partner to play with/against but noone in my neighborhood plays smash on a competitive level. once they lose twice they basically dont want to play anymore. prety LAME!! i need a smash partner :( badly

full_95

Smash Journeyman
Haha bro, I was joking about that part. And to be honest...you're actually kind of right, I don't get a lot of action from my girlfriend anymore. It's like with married couples I guess..it gets old with just the same person after so long. Thanks for rubbing it in...*******. :ohwell:
hahaha, i wasnt tryin to be a d!ck either man. but i mean seriously, you set me up for the spike on that one. good times on swf... gotta love it. yo i'd plus rep you for actually having a sense of humor and not flipping out at me for joking around a little like a lot of guys on here do, but those were simpler times.

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
I play on Fridays with my friend for maybe 2hrs or more. Some tournys on Saturdays will take the entire day. By myself, sometimes I'll practice tech skill for a hour or two once or twice a week. I play this game way too much. ^_^

Razed

Smash Ace
About 3 hours a week. If friends come over, then about 3 hours that day =p

hypersonic0

Smash Rookie
I CAN"T! It sucks so much my mom wont let us hire someone to fix the gamecube so no play for me.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
hour a day if noone is around, but when my friends come over we will sit there till we either crap ourselves or someone dies of thirst, either/or :chuckle:

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
hm...

Solo i play about 2-3 hours a day 7 days a week. Might miss a day or two if im busy, but thats the general amount.

If im hangin out with friends, like 4-6 hours.

Suffice to say I love this game.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
We have round robin tournaments once a week at my house and play for about fourteen hours the rest of the week is dedicated to work and other things.I always visit the forums though to study videos during the week.

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
Every friday nights, WooW tommorow is friday, with several friends. Im part of a smash club too and sometimes go to the meetings on saturday if im not busy. I usually play three days a week for an hour or two because after it gets boring. :( I wish there was more tournaments here in Laredo. I just can't wait for brawl.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
I honestly, literally had ONLY SSBM in my Gamecube library for a whole year (Got my GCN and Smash for a Christmas then got my second game the next Christmas LOL), so I played it often.

Now it's more like only hours a week, but more if there's a nearby tourney.

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
I play on and off because I usually play for 2/3 hours now. If I play one other game, I get too addicted and I can't stop playing. that's how I am.

Sometimes I play for more but that is on days I am totally free like weekends.

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
If I'm alone, i only play for like 6 to 10 minutes that day to keep my tech skill up to snuff. Other than that, I only play when my crew meets two or three afternoons a week. Those afternoons we pretty much play until we're too hungry and have to stop to eat a real meal. I'd approximate my play time between 3 and 4 hours a week with this routine... unless I go to a tournament, but that's pretty rare since I can't drive myself anywhere >_<

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I smash with my friends Demon_Machine and pr0g (both registered in the upcoming montreal tournament tomorrow with me :D) Who have been my friends since highschool. (I'm 19)

We smash EVERY thursday, from 11 :30 am to about 9 : 00 PM without exception and have been for the past 6 months. After school most days I play smash for 3-4 hours with my friend pr0g at his house, or we just plain skip class since we're in the same program in college and go play smash.

I'd say on average I smash about 13 hours a week, sometimes less, sometimes way more. But every thursday I smash for 9 and a half hours.

Every 4 weeks I go to the montreal bi weeklies that fall on a thursday which is my usual gaming day, they start at 4pm and end at 11pm. So we go to my friend Demon_Machine's house around 1130 am, smash till 3, leave for the biweeklies and smash till 11 Pm. So we get almost 11 hours of smash in on bi-weekly days.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
hahaha, i wasnt tryin to be a d!ck either man. but i mean seriously, you set me up for the spike on that one. good times on swf... gotta love it. yo i'd plus rep you for actually having a sense of humor and not flipping out at me for joking around a little like a lot of guys on here do, but those were simpler times.
Yeah dude, I knew I set myself up for something after I posted that. I was thinking, "Someone is going to get me on that one..should I edit that?...nah" I'm one of the easiest people to joke around and get along with. Call me weird, but I don't get my kicks from flipping out and starting mindless bull**** on the web.

On-topic : I didn't get to play smash at all today...I could right now, but I can't pull myself away from this awesome music and delicious girl scout cookies. =|

Superstar

Smash Champion
I play when I can, since I am not permitted to go to Smashfests, I can only play against my brother, and he usually does not want to play, I've been waiting for about a week to get a chance to play, I went on training to try not to weaken over time.

Otherwise, when he does want to play, its about 1-2 hours.

phish-it

Smash Champion
I hardly ever play alone anymore, except on super rare occasions when I have absolutely nothing better to do. But I usually play a few hours a week with other people, sometimes more than others, and at tournaments which can last towards the whole day....

Benihona

Smash Rookie
Its a lot better when you have someone to play against... those dumb computers are too easily =]

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
I have been playing Melee since it came out, but as of now, I play for an hour every tuesday and thursday, but on fridays, I play for a straight seven hours.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
usually 1-2 hours every day but at the moment I'm having a ssbm break^^

Top Bottom