• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many people here still don't have an HDTV

cloneofshadow

Smash Cadet
Link to original post: [drupal=4853]How many people here still don't have an HDTV [/drupal]

*Signs*

Its not a monetary problem either. Rarely anyone comes to my house and I have a decent sized TV for when friend come over. I just never felt the need to get one.

Old School FTW

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Old school FTW indeed. Even though I do have an HDTV, I'd much rather play older games, like 6th gen and before, on that old, big tube, which, sadly, broke after like, 10 years. I miss that thing, and it had a bad***, but badly torn, Mario Kart Super Circuit sticker on the top.

cloneofshadow

Smash Cadet
Old school FTW indeed. Even though I do have an HDTV, I'd much rather play older games, like 6th gen and before, on that old, big tube, which, sadly, broke after like, 10 years.

I play my N64 and SNES on a 15 year old TV . I would never put any 5 gen on up console on that TV. I tried playing Dark Soul on that TV once and I never thought a game could look that horrible.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
For current media I'd say an HDTV is definitely worth it. They're not even expensive anymore considering the technology is relatively old now, I mean really it's just a higher resolution, that's a good thing!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a monitor that supports hd that I can plug my Xbox into but I never do.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
*sigh* what a dumb person
yeah i need a hd lol am sick of my old tv. XD
You should slow down.

These TVs are the reason we got HDTVs.

From dinosaur to slim and progressive technology.
Honestly, the bulks are just great.

link2702

Smash Champion
have no reason to get a new tv period until my old one goes out.

a tiny little tv from the early 90s with a VHS built in(VHS doesn't work now but w/e tv itself still does.)

the only drawback is this thing...is like really really really tiny, on some games like skyward sword or monster hunter tri, the text is so tiny cuz of it that its practically impossible to read.

nonetheless though, until the tv itself goes out, I have no reason to replace it.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not being able to read the text is a pretty good reason.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
have no reason to get a new tv period until my old one goes out.

a tiny little tv from the early 90s with a VHS built in(VHS doesn't work now but w/e tv itself still does.)

the only drawback is this thing...is like really really really tiny, on some games like skyward sword or monster hunter tri, the text is so tiny cuz of it that its practically impossible to read.

nonetheless though, until the tv itself goes out, I have no reason to replace it.
I need pics. This is too hilarious to read until I see what it looks like.

link2702

Smash Champion
I need pics. This is too hilarious to read until I see what it looks like.

:glare:

oh well....

I'ma cheap *******, and aside from the VHS the tv works perfectly fine....sooooo as i said really have no reason to replace it.

until the thing literally goes out or starts going bad I'm not replacing it, hell i got it for free from a buddy of mine bc he himself got a brand new TV at the time.

I don't get rid of anything till it breaks completely, I'm just that kinda cheap *******.:oneeye:

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
:glare:

oh well....

I'ma cheap *******, and aside from the VHS the tv works perfectly fine....sooooo as i said really have no reason to replace it.

until the thing literally goes out or starts going bad I'm not replacing it, hell i got it for free from a buddy of mine bc he himself got a brand new TV at the time.

I don't get rid of anything till it breaks completely, I'm just that kinda cheap *******.:oneeye:
u cheap ******* lol its better than anything :fido:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm not cheap either.
I get to own things because others say they don't need it anymore.

idk, it mostly happens.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Yeah I'll probably never have an HDTV. I'll only need one to play snes on and hook my gamecube up to; HDTV can't play some snes

:phone:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I have had an HDTV for over a year now. My friend gave me one of his really old TVs with video and audio ports, but I only use that for gaming, when I want to be isolated, or I'm going to a gaming event that welcomes contribution. I seldom play games on my HDTV, although that may change when I start playing my 360 again. I should consider visiting a pawn; I have 2-3 televisions that I do not use, but are in no bad condition whatsoever. :V
:pinkiepie:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Getting an hd monitor since I do more gaming than tv viewing, and monitors generally have less input lag. Still waiting for the day real 1080p can be done with 0ms of input lag. ._.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
How's fox hanging for you?

===

I just remembered, I still have that old tv in the corner of my bedroom lol.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Are those knobs on the right side of the television screen? If so, this may just be unsurpassable, apparently.
:pinkiepie:

Top Bottom