• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you are...

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
going to try your best at re-creating the 64 and missing melee stages?

I'm going to do every single 64 stage to its core ;)

180OP

Smash Journeyman
im going to have a lot of fun creating stages just for Smash minigames like the football thread we had. That concept is just pure win.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
We already have most of the Smash 64 stages layouts already in Brawl. But I will still try to recreate Hyrule from Smash 64.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
We already have most of the Smash 64 stages layouts already in Brawl. But I will still try to recreate Hyrule from Smash 64.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
goin to try to re-create hyrule castle, well a skeleton of it at least but it just wont be the same without those tornados

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
while it is possible to recreate all N64 stages, some of them just arent gonna have the right feel about them. for example, the platforms in hyrule castle will just be floating there, it needs the tower and of course the tornadoes, to capture the right feel for the stage. also, planet zebes will be without the lava, mushroom kingdom without warp pipes and piranha plants, and lets be honest, theres no need to recreate dreamland.

and as for the melee stages, some of them will be impossible to recreate (brinstar depths, icicle mountain, poke floats, termina bay? (without the water, it just wouldnt work)), and the ones that are possible will just be a basic platform with three more platforms above (yoshis story, fountain of dreams, mute city?, etc.)

so anyway, we certainly wont be able to recreate every single past stage. im only concentrating on making my own new ones.

essay over :)

NDUDE

Smash Ace
All the N64 ones? Even Dreamland? In the Stage Builder, you're just going to build a second Battlefield, LOL. Anyways, yeah, I have some plans:

- Saffron City
- Hyrule Castle
- Fourside
- MAYBE Mute City (I'll make it on a giant stage, and I'll have different "levels" that represent the different phases it went through...meh, I have to see if it could work or not)

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
Oh wow! Saffrom city, that is really good, i added a comment to the guy, i hope he can send me that stage through WI-FI :chuckle:
that guy doesnt actually own brawl, read his profile. he gets videos from a japanese site that people cant access and puts them on youtube. so no, unfortuneatly he cant send you that stage :(

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I am going to recreate one of my favorite stages from SSBM, the home-run contest stage! :laugh: It will just be a long platform with a platform and a pole holding a platform.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I think that I'm recreating every 64 stage except Mushroom Kingdom. I have a big list of stages that I drew (over 50, and not really detailed). But I hope that someday everyone looks forward to my version of each stage, because I think that they will be magnificent.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Not all of them. I'll likely recreate a select few I genuinely miss though - Fourside and Saffron City come to mind.

Zevox

charlie1

Smash Rookie
I saw somewhere, i think it was game radar or something like that, where they recreated the original donkey kong stage( the one where you play as mario and avoid the rolling barrels, you know the old school game!)
And the one with the vines too. There was also one of the first screen of metroid too. I'll see if i can link to it.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
im going to have a lot of fun creating stages just for Smash minigames like the football thread we had. That concept is just pure win.
Where is that thread, link please.

Anhd I have some sweet ideas for stages that would just be awsome if included in brawl, somee of the ones are:

The Sacred plain of the great Duku Tree, Cool things: Big tree in the middle, Many poving platforms, amazing looking design, big arena

Forts:
Cool stuff : Two (/4) bases. Moving platform in between, spikes underneath, big arena

Star Wolf base

No facts available, Large arean

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i never thought of doing that..its going to be tough to re-create every aspect...i wish they had just brought back at least 1 or 2 64 stages

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Gonna remake Saffron City, aww yeah. Too bad you can't really remake Fountain of Dreams... Wah, the ambiance~

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
Only stage I'd want is Fountain of Dreams. But without the music, even with somewhat lowering platforms, it wouldn't be the same =( Without download content, no reason to hope for a pretty remake of it~

bearquat3

Smash Rookie
I've always been the type of person to recreate as close to the origionals as possible. I got Timesplitters 2 for GCN and remade a bunch of goldeneye levels that made me and others very proud. In fact I stopped playing on the arcade levels really and just focused on mine, and my friends liked them too. When Timesplitters FP came out I focused on Perfect Dark stages and I really made some wonderful recreations. I will definately first try and recreate Peach's Castle as best I can, as it was my favorite Smash 64 stage, and after that the skys the limit.

I'll definately share with you all too if you're ever interested, and I know I can do some great work.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I was thinking Great Bay since I really liked that stage but then I realized it's impossible. I'll remake Venom even though I thought it was lame.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Only stage I'd want is Fountain of Dreams. But without the music, even with somewhat lowering platforms, it wouldn't be the same =( Without download content, no reason to hope for a pretty remake of it~
Um, the music from Fountain of Dreams is in Brawl. Straight from Melee.

Zevox

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
Yup, being the psycho/fanatic I am at recreation levels I am already measuring how long each stage is that I am going to be recreating. Btw, I don't have Brawl yet.

With Pikachu, while dashing, it takes him about 5 steps to reach one side of Fountain of Dreams to the other side.

I am considering recreating Hryule Temple before it came to be in ruins. That being said, it takes Pikachu, while dashing, about 19 steps to get from one side of the level to the other.

Other levels I have in mind:
Hyrule Castle Proto-Type
Saffron City Proto-Type

timbers92

Smash Apprentice
Brawl should've had the option in stage builder to put in teleporter pads. Then we could make some pretty cool stages. Mushroom kingdom from the first game could be made if we had this option.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
wow u guys have some REALLY awesome ideas ^_^
OMG ONLY ABOUT A WEEK & AHALF LEFT!!!!

CrossX

Smash Apprentice
Its a nice sentiment, but it'll be hard to capture the feeling in these levels. I guess the ability to choose the music is the best tool to achieve this, though the backdrops seem to be limited to some extent. As for me, I will make the hyrule castle seems like it is fun to create.

Top Bottom