• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you are happy so far?

Would you?

• Yes

Votes: 71 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Needs more veterans (Ganondorf, Snake, etc.)

Votes: 47 29.6%
  • More modes

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • RIDLEY FOR SMASH!

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • K. R. Rool or bust

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Posting on this board since this version is closer to release.

If the game was released with just what's been shown so far, would you be fine with it?

Personally, I would. The characters I mained are all back, and with Villager and Robin, I'm satisfied with the newcomers. I still want Shulk, but if he isn't in I won't be too sad. The fact that Classic is back and Smash Run looks fun is fine with me.

Just want to know what the general opinion is.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
No, the game feels too incomplete with what we have seen. I don't mind the newcomers that have been chosen, but I want more veterans and newcomers (1-3 newcomers to be exact).

Last edited:

ZackTheGreat

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZackTheGreat
3DS FC
4227-2410-9609
I have been so impressed with the game since Best Buy. The game is by far the best looking in the series, and I can't wait to play it into the ground upon it's release. (Although I wish the Wii U version came out sooner.)

Hong

The Strongest
As a 64 player, I thought that roster was fine with what it was.

Needless to say, I'm okay with the game as it is now. I've rather had a roster of 20 or so characters given lots of love and attention, but I'll never get that so I just hope they don't push to add characters for the sake of having them.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm ecstatic so far. I'll be ecstatic no matter where the roster goes from here. That being said -

RIDLEY FOR SMASH

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Disappointed with no Wario reveal so far. Give me Wario and I'll be happy.

I'd also like Isaac, but I have Robin, Rosalina, Lucina, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

Thor

Smash Champion
Yes I am happy. It may not be perfect (a few vets I want back that aren't listed in the vote options - Falco, MK, Jiggs, Ness and I'm set, though I would certainly say yes to Ganon, Snake, ICs, Wario, GnW, Squritle, or Ivy [though I'm pretty sure Sakurai said something about people being cut, so of course they can't all get back in], but there's not Ridley (or K Rool) in the game, so it could be much, MUCH worse.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I'm pretty happy so far. Everything I want is pretty much in, except for maybe some odd ones like Issac or Krystal that I want but don't think have a great chance.

That said, I think I'll be completely satisfied once a few more veterans are revealed. I like Ness and Jiggly and even Wario and Ganondorf. I think once I see those four I'll be pretty set.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'd get it without a second thought. Besides, if it was released with what we know, that'd mean no Rhythm Heaven, which would be worth sacrificing Shulk and Ridley.

So, yes. I am happy so far.

But please Ridley.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Nope. Needs more newcomers other than that leak , shulk and only chorus men is not enough, needs bandanna dee and krystal and maybe a few of the big requested newcomers, with some veterans returning. i'll have an empty feeling like i did playing brawl like something was missing.....If its just those two. SSE took up so much in brawl .-. there's no excuses now though.

As for the modes, i'm happy with them

And for the game in general, if there's smooth combo oriented gameplay i'll be happy as well.

So if it came out now i'll be like where's X character. But pretty much if i can combo with kirby than i'll be ok.

Last edited:

jacobjeb

Smash Rookie
NNID
jacobjeb
It looks awesome and from what I've played at Best Buy it's really nice but we still need the veterans (Ness, Jigglypuff, Falco, Ice Climbers,Ganondorf, Wario, G&W, and R.O.B.). And probably like 3 or 4 more newcomers.

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
I'm actually fine with how it is now. We have as many newcomers as Brawl had, a few more veterans is all that's really needed to meet the minimum. With the possibility of DLC, I'll be happy with whatever state the game is when it is released.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy with the game and it's roster. The characters in the gameplay videos look amazing when they chain moves together + I think the roster is small, but when I compare it to the Brawl roster. It's pretty huge!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm satisfied with the game so far. I'd like to remind people that we still have at least two more newcomer trailers, and we now know that we can get two newcomers in one trailer, which is cool.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
The only character left that I NEED is Shulk. Anyone else is just icing on the cake.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Most important thing to me is gameplay. I don't really care about characters. If the gameplay feels good I'll be happy! So far it looks a bit slow still.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm pretty happy with it as-is, especially after the Paper Mario stage reveal today.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I'd like for the rest of the veterans and more stages, but as far as newcomers go I'm pretty good.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Good so far, but I NEED Mewtwo or at the very least Snake. I'll be sad if either are absent, but at least Greninja exists :/

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
With what's shown thus far? No, I still need Meta Knight and Jigglypuff before I'll enjoy it as much as I did the last installement, and I still need Ridley to actually make me main a newcomer. Luckily my unrevealed mains are pretty much shoe-ins, so I'm not concerned about them one bit, but fact of the matter is that they're still not announced yet, so I wouldn't want the game as it is right now.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I guess I'll break it down a bit:

Roster: I'm disappointed that Toon Link is back and not sporting a new moveset taking things from Windwaker, Spirit Tracks, Minish Cap etc and just being a clone again, Lucina is also a clone but this makes sense so I'm ok with it. As for newcomers I'm excited to play as all of them, if this is all we are going to get I'm fine with it. Mewtwo Ganondorf and Ness need to come back.

Gameplay: Looks amazing, faster than Brawl, no tripping!

Items/Stages: Very creative and fun on both. Almost every stage having a Final Destination version is my favorite feature yet, I'm hoping we can get the same thing for Battlefield versions of stages. AND BRING BACK KONGO JUNGLE PLEASE!

Overall I'm very happy with everything, but still hoping for a few cool suprises/reveals.

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Hybrid answer. Yes & Needs more newcomers/modes. Also stages.

The 3DS version is fine as is, in my opinion, aside from a severe lack in stages for half the represented series.
The Wii U version we have nothing. There are no confirmed modes yet, so I would not be all that happy to go from the volume of Brawl down to nothing. Also missing stages.

However, I am -more- than happy with how the game looks and feels right now. So, if the gameplay was released as is, I'd probably be absolutely fine with that.

As for characters, I have not been disappointed by the roster at all. I've been disappointed by some cuts I know are happening and some characters not making it to playable status. But I would not want it released as is, because it is missing Ganondorf, Ness/Lucas & Ice Climbers. Once they're revealed, I will be good outside of my silent depression over the characters that didn't make it.

But to answer the simpler question of "Are you happy so far?": Absolutely.

I love all the changes so far.
I love (almost) all the stages so far.
I love all of the newcomers so far.
I love the costumes and character updates to some veterans so far.
I love the modes they're adding so far.

I think the only major disappointments (barring some characters 'deconfirmed') I have are that I found Charizard to be my LEAST favorite to play out of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, Toon Link's moveset seems untouched, and I don't really see the need for Lucario to have returned (I'd rather have had another new Pokemon from another generation).

Last edited:

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I am content with everything revealed so far but if it were to release right now it would feel a little incomplete imo. Unless they hid a lot of the veterans and put them in the game without announcing them, I also hope they keep classic mode and other modes in.

dukeofearl1711

Smash Cadet
NNID
Earl00
3DS FC
0189-9263-5672
I'm happy with the game as is, but I do think they could add more vets. Ganondorf, jigglypuff, ice climbers, Ness, and Mewtwo need to return.

BlackAcidX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlackAcidX
3DS FC
1332-9003-7116
I'm definitely happy how the game is right now, but I do want just a couple more characters, mainly Ganondorf or Mewtwo(if he's even in the game). If they were to release the game as it is, I'd still buy it first day.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I'd enjoy it yea. But I'd be disappointed with the lack of veterans.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am still rooting for playable Ridley and a retro character (like Ice Climbers in Melee, Pit in Brawl), plus there is no confirmation of Wario yet.

There are so many things yet to be confirmed/announced, there is no way I could answer yes.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
A lot of characters are like that. A lot of the veterans are just "The same but faster"
But Sonic has actually been in fighting games before, they could've incorporated moves from that but instead they couldn't be bothered to change it. Its only a minor issue.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
But Sonic has actually been in fighting games before, they could've incorporated moves from that but instead they couldn't be bothered to change it. Its only a minor issue.
Why would they take ideas from it her games when they can just base him off of his old design? I mean he's fine now, nothing wrong with getting a speed buff.

Khao

Smash Lord
I'd be ****ing dissapointed with the game getting released as it is right now.

But I'd get it anyway, it still looks a lot of fun, and I love the newcomers revealed so far.

It just isn't like... "Enough," I'm all for quality over quantity, but I don't like the idea of forgetting about quantity altogether, as in a fighting game especially, that quantity helps making the game more varied.

So, It'd be a good game anyway, but as a Brawl sequel, it'd just be really underwhelming. People can enjoy more of the same. Less of the same, though, is just unacceptable.

Last edited:

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
No, not yet at least. It still looks like Brawl at this point, and that really disappoints me. Not that I think the game is going to be bad or anything, and I enjoyed playing brawl when I was a casual. But now that I've gotten into Smash competitively Nintendo is really going to need to step it up if they want to draw me in, because I really dont want to buy a slightly faster version of Brawl.
If there are more movement options and the ability for combos then I would consider it for sure. But right now the only thing that impresses me are the graphics and character selection.

Top Bottom