• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you are happy so far?

Would you?

• Yes

Votes: 71 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Needs more veterans (Ganondorf, Snake, etc.)

Votes: 47 29.6%
  • More modes

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • RIDLEY FOR SMASH!

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • K. R. Rool or bust

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I'm still waiting for Jigglypuff and Ness. If they do get in then it would be perfect for me.

Renji64

Smash Lord
no it isn't looking like a new expeince just a remastered experience of the last the entry. I still need to see more.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I'd be happy with it is as it is now, but man does it feel like there's so much they could be adding. Just watching the commercial again, there's so many mini games I want to check out, so much customization I want to fool around with, and god help me, I need more characters. As it is now, it's fine, but once we get everything (stages, vets, mini games, trophies, etc), this game will be insane. Here's hoping we get an online site like Pokemon Global Link where Smash accomplishments can be listed and shown off (since PKMN trophies and such were kinda really lame) to really give more of an online presence.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The only thing I'm not happy with has nothing to do with the game itself. It's the fact the game releases in the same week I go back to Uni to start my final year. :_:

Nonetheless, the game is already pack with so much content for the 3DS version, which I'm ecstatic about. However, I'm still holding onto my seat as I'm still looking out for the diehard characters I hope will make it in, as well as new game modes and stages.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
It's missing a couple characters that I want, Andy & K.Rool - either of those and the rest of the roster means nothing to me,. I mean, all the fighters look cool and fun to play as but...palutena? greninja? miis? rosalina? wft?

Morbi

Scavenger
I would buy it, yes; however, I would have to buy it a second time as I need Ganondorf and Falco/Wolf on the final roster.

For the most part, I am very happy with the game.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I want to say I'd get it now, (and I really really can't wait for both to release) but I still want to see some of my favorites confirmed first. (Such being Ness, Falco, and Ganondorf). Generally, just more info about the game's new stuff. (How about those Wii U exclusive modes?)

The PoTDs can be such teases, but I enjoy them nonetheless.
The patience will pay off in the end, so I'll wait.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There is no such thing as a perfect game. The moment I get what I want, I'll want something more.

With that in mind, yes. I want this game. Does it have everything I want and nothing I don't? No. But then again, nothing ever has.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Extremely satisfied with it. Really liking the new online mode and characters. All of my mains in previous games are back, so I can say for sure that I really want this game. Newcomers are awesome too (especially Lucina and Robin :D). Just needs a few more veterans and it'd be 100% perfect for me! (Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., etc)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I would get an awkward feeling if this was all Smash had to offer.
I mean, it's a great game, but I feel as if it needs to add a few more characters in order to achieve that complete feeling. Just add a couple more veterans and maybe 1-3 more newcomers and I'll be happy.

Owlflame

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty happy.

Here's how I plan to play smash 4...

My main is :4zelda: and I plan to pick up :4pacman:, :4littlemac: and Paper Mario. this time around.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty much satisfied with the game. I think it's great as it is, but, of course, I would want more content to be in both games and the games would be even better.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Over the moon, really. I am waiting for a few veterans, like Meta Knight, Wario and Ganondorf, but the roster of newcomers is perfect so far. Smash Run gives me a reason to be super hyped for the 3DS version, and I can't wait for launch day.

I can tell me and my friends will have great memories with this game; they're all better than me at Brawl, and although I dominate them in Melee, I can't wait to prove my potential to them in this game :D

Last edited:

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
Not yet, but I am really happy with what I've seen so far. . . . .still needs the 12 remaining veterans from brawl though, and those remaining newcomers that they said they still haven't revealed.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Why would they take ideas from it her games when they can just base him off of his old design? I mean he's fine now, nothing wrong with getting a speed buff.
Because it adds variety and they're actually fighting moves, i'm just saying its like playing Brawl Sonic i was expecting a new experience but that's no longer possible. A speed buff isn't needed he was clearly going to remain the fastest his moves are boring.

Heck i just watched a Wizzrobe match on PM and it had sonic use his axe kick from battle, they could've done that but they blew it. Jab combo could've been the punch,kick with the 'HYAAAA' breakdance.

D

Deleted member

Sure. Gameplay looks to be faster than Brawl, and despite Ness or Lucas not being playable, I still have some other guys I'd like to use. Also Mr. Saturn in HD.

Owlflame

Smash Apprentice
Sure. Gameplay looks to be faster than Brawl, and despite Ness or Lucas not being playable, I still have some other guys I'd like to use. Also Mr. Saturn in HD.
It's not that they aren't playable... Sakurai just hasn't said that they are in the game yet.

D

Deleted member

It's not that they aren't playable... Sakurai just hasn't said that they are in the game yet.
Of course. I'm pretty sure they'll be playable in the end, but this thread is asking if I would buy the game if it was released today or something.

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't you looooove it if every single character returned plus the remaining newcomers? 50 something, wow that's a lot of nuts!

Mike_Tha_Hero

Smash Cadet
NNID
mikexxieaf
Yeah. Ignoring WHO is on the roster and just looking at it objectively, the diversity is definitely there. That's what matters in a fighter's roster.

As far as characters, items, and everything else, there's not a lot the devs could have realistically done to make me unhappy in these areas.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Yeah. Ignoring WHO is on the roster and just looking at it objectively, the diversity is definitely there. That's what matters in a fighter's roster.

As far as characters, items, and everything else, there's not a lot the devs could have realistically done to make me unhappy in these areas.
That sounds rather angry and like you don't like any of the characters. It's nintendo man, even the characters I like less are still likable.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'm still waiting for Ganondorf. In terms of the gameplay, I like it. It looks pretty fun.

Last edited:

Mike_Tha_Hero

Smash Cadet
NNID
mikexxieaf
That sounds rather angry and like you don't like any of the characters. It's nintendo man, even the characters I like less are still likable.
I didn't mean to come off that way. I'm saying the characters seem to be well designed and contribute to an overall great roster.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I didn't mean to come off that way. I'm saying the characters seem to be well designed and contribute to an overall great roster.
Ah okay. Out of interest though is there a character you feel would finish the roster well?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm content with everything that's been shown so far, but I would not buy yet. Needs Ice Climbers, Ness, Lucas, and Wolf at least. And more stages and items.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I have a 3DS XL. Dropping $45 on a Smash Bros game wouldn't bother me in the slightest. This game will be very fun casually, which is how I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It will be well worth the investment. I know others that have a 3DS, so I'll have real life opponents too. Also, this game will give competitive players a headstart on understanding the matchtups and the game's engine. If I find the game fun competitvely, then I might get a Wii U; I've wanted one, off and on, for 2 years, and it's got other games that I'd buy too.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm very relieved with the direction that Sakurai seems to have taken with this installment. Higher emphasis on customization, competitive options balanced in with casual play, and extreme fan service. I could rant about this for quite some time, in sincerity.
Even his advertising strategy and Method of Operations seems to indicate, to me, that a lot more fan service is going to come to play in regards to technical game play and character options playable. It is a beautiful symphony how he has been revealing this information, which I may actually base my marketing thesis upon.

All this said; I've not gotten a single character I've been extremely hyped for, except for the third party characters. I wanted the create a character Mii's, I wanted everyone else, I wanted Squirtle to stay but.... that is neither here nor in Brawl (no, it's in Brawl).

All fine characters if we have a roster in the mid fifties- and quite frankly I would not have expected most of the big names to be revealed now- but I do want to see about ten more characters, with some of them to be what I consider the ones who needed to be added, not just ones who could have been for fun.

That said, more gameplay modes would be great.
Above all, the play is most important, and it looks very smooth, but how it plays is hard to truly tell.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
With ONLY what's already been confirmed? Absolutely not. The mechanics are grossly unpolished, there's no single-player outside of Stadium, and most of all, there's way too many cuts to be acceptable by principle.

Last edited:

Fyrefox

Smash Cadet
Wow. I am absolutely speechless. I understand not everyone will be happy with what Sakurai does, but ask yourselves this. Has Sakurai ever failed us? Has Sakurai ever made a Smash Brothers game (or any game, at that) that hasn't been fun? You're all like "OH NO MY CHARACTER WASNT CONFIRMED, THIS GAME ISNT GOOD ANYMORE", who cares honestly? If your main doesn't make it to the new versions, go ****ing play Melee or Brawl if you care about them so much. It's a new Smash game, and people want to see new characters. Even if it's hard to say goodbye, some vets have to go. I personally believe all original characters from Smash 64 will return though.

Now, back on topic here. I am in LOVE with Smash 3DS. I have never been so in love with a Smash game. The graphics look great, the stages are awesome (I am glad they decided to put an Ocarina of Time stage in it), and I personally find the gameplay mechanics to look revamped. I'm sure the new control layout will take some getting used to, but you'll get used to them eventually. And most important of all, its a handheld Smash game...something I have been wanting for a very long time. Now I don't have to be at home to play Smash, I can take it on the road, play it on my school bus, it's practically possible to play Smash anywhere now. I honestly believe this will be my main version. I love my Wii U, but ever since I bought a 3DS, I haven't really touched a console as much as I used to. On a random note, I ordered a 3ds xl. Woohoo!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm happy with :rosalina:, :4megaman:, :4myfriends: and :4lucina: in the game so I really don't care who else will make it to the game or not...unless it's Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Character inclusions are overrated IMO. Gameplay, namely the physics then balance, should be the greatest priority. Many casuals and people that don't play "competitively" probably don't care as much about mechanics or balance as the two won't have as great of an impact on how they play the game. It doesn't matter how much some think Sakurai is appealing to the competitive community; the game so far is off on the biggest factor: gameplay. We won't know about balance until we've had the game for at least a good year.

Top Bottom