• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you also main Mario?

Bobbery

Smash Apprentice
It seems that a lot of you also play as Mario. I've been picking up Mario lately and I like him quite a bit. What are some good things that can come from maining the Mario Bros. pros/cons etc.
oh and I don't want Boss as an example :3

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I hate Mario. I hate him as a character and as a fighter in brawl... I just can't stand the tubby red weirdo, don't know why. Luigi is just so much cooler.

Bobbery

Smash Apprentice
Luigi is just so much cooler.
I definitely agree with that, it's just that I recently started playing as Mario a little bit because he's fun and I noticed that quite a bit of Luigi mains also play as Mario or vise versa.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I can't believe what i am reading.
I agree... even though I used to be the same way when I was a kid. :laugh:

Kid: "Why is Luigi always so neglected!?" :(
Now: "Luigi needs to break out of his shell..."

But yeah, this is quite surprising. o_O

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'm the other way around, I play as Mario but occasionally use Luigi. Both plumbers rock! I can't believe people actually hate Mario ;_;

_Green_

Smash Rookie
lawl wow, I don't see why a person could like Luigi but "hate" Mario has a character. Seriously wtf. They're like the same people just slighty altered differently.

And if anyone's a weirdo it's Luigi =P

crewster

Smash Lord
My freind wants me to change mains for some reason (I think he is just scared that I am beating him for once) and he sid: "Why not try mario, he is just the same as luigi" and I replie: "Luigi is 10 times better than mario all his specials are better, he has go a better recovery and he is just generaly better!"

crewster

Smash Lord
I hate Mario. I hate him as a character and as a fighter in brawl... I just can't stand the tubby red weirdo, don't know why. Luigi is just so much cooler.
Too True.
Luigi isn't the coolest Video game character though, Waluigi is :).

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Waluigi=bull**** mario tennis afterthought. Waluigi is about as lame as lame gets.

Mario is just kinda boring.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
How could you guys hate Mario?

I mean if it weren't for Mario, Luigi would have never existed. Ever play Yoshi's Island? Yeah, seriously, your older twin brother has had a part right from the very beginning in saving your ***.

And seriously, Mario is just too cool. Mario has been through everything in his games, from Kart racing, to being a doctor, solving puzzles, slaying DRAGONS, heck he’s even a ladies’ man! Can *insert any other character here* lay claim to all of these things?

Also, he's voiced by Charles Martinet. What's not to love?

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Waluigi is off leading the German war machine, he doesn't have time to do sliding d-smashes with Luigi and the troops.

crewster

Smash Lord
All he has time to do is stamp on people with his foot and then hit them with a tenis raquet.
This thread is way of topic, should I report it or do we want it open?

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
So if Luigi decided to gain some weight, and suddenly started to wear red clothes... He wouldn't be your favorite videogame character, right? >_<

LinkStrifeLeonhart

Smash Cadet
So if Luigi decided to gain some weight, and suddenly started to wear red clothes... He wouldn't be your favorite videogame character, right? >_<
Looks like someone doesn't realize that Luigi has a different personality than Mario.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
the good things out of maining the mario bro's is that u can counter pick people....XD
Definitely agreed ^^

I ****ing main the living **** out of the plumbers. They are full of facking **** zomgs. If it wasn't for Boss's Mario who looks like a Melee mario, I've probably wouldn't have picked up Mario at all.

ITT: Fanboy arguments.
Agreed.

I do much better with Mario and im getting addicted to him cause how easy to be quick it is w/ him. But noneless, I keep luigi in front because they needz repz sonz.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Fanboys are creepy. I am a Luigi fan, but I still fail to see how you could possibly hate Mario >_< Over exposition? Mario being more popular?

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
I wish Dr.mario was in BRAWL sigh...I used all three in melee...Mario, Luigi and Dr.Mario, lots of fun...the game is called SUPER SMASH BROS.........etc...
who do u think they are talking about?..... the plumber bros. of course...........
u cant love luigi n hate mario...thats like hating raphael and loving donatello (ninja turtles)

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I actually like Mario cuz hes cool and stuff, just I don't feel anything when I play him and when I play Luigi I feel the FIYA!

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
I actually main Luigi and started using Mario a couple of weeks ago (as you can see in my sig), but then I just kinda stopped all of a sudden. I don't know why. I'm thinking of switching him for someone else. Luigi, Ness and Bowser will stay forever. <3

PS: Does anyone know any other site that makes Brawl sigs? I'm not good with Photoshop. =/

Top Bottom