• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many major fights have you gotten in with your girlfriend over Brawl so far?

Kirye

Smash Ace
The only time me and my girl fight regarding video games, is when we call each other out. What do I mean by that?

Her: "Omg, you were looking at my screen you ***! That's how you knew where I was waiting to shoot you!"
Me: "Hah, you wouldn't have shot me anyway, you can't use a longshot to save your life."

- Gears of War

Me: "What the hell? That's just bad luck! And I had 3 more stars than you too!"
Her: "You're right, and now you have none."

- Mario Party

Me:"NAAAAANAAAAAA!!"
Her:"Got ***** by a Pikachu. <3"

- Brawl

We're very competitive. XD

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
It's actually very hard (at least in all the places I've lived) to find a guy who enjoys playing video games (not just GTA, either) Crazy, but I won't date a guy unless he genuinely (or at least appears to) enjoy playing video games.
*baffled* Now I'm curious to know what part of town you live in so I can beat all of the nerds in that town senseless :laugh:.

But on topic: no gf fights, but I have gotten in fights related to the game and other arguments not related to smash with my female roommate (who plays, but is very bad).

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm 73 and I fathered seven kids with my daughter in the basement...

...Too soon?
Aw men,that guy deserves to die.Sick person.....

If I had a real girlfriend, I'm pretty sure I don't play video games enough for her ever to get angry that I'm not spending time with her.
But there are some kind of people that are very annoying about the topic.Ex:I was at a friends house playing smash,guitar hero and other stuff.Suddenly,my friend got a text message for her girlfriend saying that he is a stupid because he prefers playing videogames rather than spending time with her.
I mean,theres always a line between spending time with your boyfriend/girlfriend and she/he taking control of your life.

I bet you wrote that because you are a weak, skinny, kid that gets beat on by girls all the time especially some tall, scary, fat girl that likes you...
QFT.You are so right Marie_54.....

I repeat:This thread is freaking funny....

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
^Wait Hugs,are you saying that because:
a)You want us to enjoy our youth by making out with a lot of girls(or boys if you are talking to the girls in SWF too)
b)We are too young for girlfriends and the like.
If option "a" is correct,you are my new idol.
If option "b" is the right one,well I still think you are a great smash player XD.
jk.
PS:This thread is epic.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
At Hugs- People with a very bad sense of humor have to be mocked...

I mean,theres always a line between spending time with your boyfriend/girlfriend and she/he taking control of your life.

QFT! Some people treat their partner like a slave... The sort of "if you are not with me 100% of your free time you don't love me." type... Those people are annoying...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
QFT! Some people treat their partner like a slave... The sort of "if you are not with me 100% of your free time you don't love me." type... Those people are annoying...
Oh God...my sister's ex-boyfriend (yes, the same one :laugh:) flipped out if she even talked to another guy...meanwhile, the jerkface HUNG OUT with a girl whom, he had told my sister before they started dating, he liked. Double standard much?

He was also very emo and acted sort of like a girl...(starting to see why she broke up with him yet?:laugh:)

SagaKirby

Smash Journeyman
^Wait Hugs,are you saying that because:
a)You want us to enjoy our youth by making out with a lot of girls(or boys if you are talking to the girls in SWF too)
I never liked Internet dating.

Cant be TOO careful if you guys know what I mean,Guys pretending to be girls, Internet whores.Such n such.

SagaKirby

Smash Journeyman
Oh God...my sister's ex-boyfriend (yes, the same one :laugh:) flipped out if she even talked to another guy...meanwhile, the jerkface HUNG OUT with a girl whom, he had told my sister before they started dating, he liked. Double standard much?

He was also very emo and acted sort of like a girl...(starting to see why she broke up with him yet?:laugh:)
:O
*closes mouth*
....wow....

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
^OMG,emo + jerk +sort of girl...............
Thats just WRONG.
xD.
:O
*closes mouth*
....wow....
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that he was manipulative...he had her in tears about once a week making her feel guilty about one thing or another.

But yeah, this was pretty much how I felt when they were dating...I really wanted to tell her to just dump the jerk, but I didn't want her to get angry at me or anything...so I left it. Sure enough, she did it herself eventually.

SagaKirby

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that he was manipulative...he had her in tears about once a week making her feel guilty about one thing or another.

But yeah, this was pretty much how I felt when they were dating...I really wanted to tell her to just dump the jerk, but I didn't want her to get angry at me or anything...so I left it. Sure enough, she did it herself eventually.
Wow,what an A hole.
I bet if your sis left him,it would leave the guy in pieces.It would do him right.

Reyairia

Smash Champion

Borderline Personality Disorder much?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow,what an A hole.
I bet if your sis left him,it would leave the guy in pieces.It would do him right.
She did. In fact, I think it's been just about a year now...

The worst part, though, is what he's done AFTER they broke up...I have no clue what sick game he's playing, but he asked her afterwards if she had ever cheated (which she hadn't, what kind of question is that?!), he only seems to IM her when he has a new girlfriend...

Anyways, I'll stop ranting about the guy who is officially the biggest jerk ever. :laugh:

Naybewon

Smash Ace
I never liked Internet dating.

Cant be TOO careful if you guys know what I mean,Guys pretending to be girls, Internet whores.Such n such.
Lol that's true enough.

Met my boyfriend on Facebook though. He was stalking/poking me before I even arrived for my first day of college.

Guess he coulda been a rapist but I got stupid lucky :D (and I needed someone to play Smash with.)

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Lol that's true enough.

Met my boyfriend on Facebook though. He was stalking/poking me before I even arrived for my first day of college.

Guess he coulda been a rapist but I got stupid lucky :D (and I needed someone to play Smash with.)
Lol,my brother met his girlfriend at MSN and now they had over 3 years of relationship.
But yes,Internet dating can be dangerous.
Enough of this,its time to watch Prison Break..
See you later!

Marie_54

Smash Ace
^LOL Now that was funny...

I read the other posts too... Wow that pisses me off so much, i just want to punch the guy... I can't believe your sister still has him on an IM... That "macho" acting guy deserves to be kicked in the balls...:mad: If you say he sort of acted like a girl maybe he feels he needs to have many girls and that his gfs "can't cheat on him" to feel manly...:ohwell: Hmm maybe he is a closet homosexual and doesn't want people to find out...:bee:
Not that i have anything against homosexuals but there have been people like that before... XD Talk about low self esteem...Or maybe he has a very tiny size...

I had this friend that turned into an emo because his "girlfriend" "dumped" him, later i found out he was lying and she never dated him... He started skipping school to stay in his house and cry and would stay on MSNMessenger for hours and when i talked to him he was like DON'T GO! DON'T LEAVE ME ALONEEE i'm GOONNNAA cryyy!! at like 3am.

Sometimes I really wanted to say f*** you get a hold of yourself! but i'm not that mean so i tried to cheer him up with some other of my friends, then it was around valentine's day and he asked me if i wanted to be his date and i was like HELL NO! :laugh: he eventually found a real girlfriend and doesn't even bother to talk to me or my friends anymore.:ohwell:

BTW This is now my favorite General Brawl Discussion Thread! :laugh:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I read the other posts too... Wow that pisses me off so much, i just want to punch the guy... I can't believe your sister still has him on an IM... That "macho" acting guy deserves to be kicked in the balls...:mad: If you say he sort of acted like a girl maybe he feels he needs to have many girls and that his gfs "can't cheat on him" to feel manly...:ohwell: Hmm maybe he is a closet homosexual and doesn't want people to find out...:bee:
Not that i have anything against homosexuals but there have been people like that before... XD Talk about low self esteem...Or maybe he has a very tiny size...
That's a good point...not sure why she hasn't blocked him yet. But the reason he asked her about cheating could be a combination of the fact that he's in denial of the fact that he's a jerk and there's a reason to break up with him, and because one of his previous girlfriends cheated on him. Or maybe you're right...:laugh:

I had this friend that turned into an emo because his "girlfriend" "dumped" him, later i found out he was lying and she never dated him... He started skipping school to stay in his house and cry and would stay on MSNMessenger for hours and when i talked to him he was like DON'T GO! DON'T LEAVE ME ALONEEE i'm GOONNNAA cryyy!! at like 3am.

Sometimes I really wanted to say f*** you get a hold of yourself! but i'm not that mean so i tried to cheer him up with some other of my friends, then it was around valentine's day and he asked me if i wanted to be his date and i was like HELL NO! :laugh: he eventually found a real girlfriend and doesn't even bother to talk to me or my friends anymore.:ohwell:
Wow...that would really annoy me...especially since the guy ditched you as soon as he found someone else. Well, maybe that wouldn't annoy me. :laugh:

Mine too. Lots of funny stories/comments here.

Smash Ace
I was going to say that he's just a jerk, and needs no reason to be one, but I like your ideas better.

Amen. It's hilarious, refreshingly honest and not liable to break out into a flame war. Beautiful, really.

Vaul

Smash Apprentice
POLL: Favorite Smash Roleplay

What's the best smash roleplay? Is it Peach and Mario? Bowser and Peach (hellz yes)? Snake and Samus? Link and Zelda? Mario and Luigi......? ..Diddy and...Donkey?

I said it before and I'll say it again: My vote is for Popo and Nana. Get a few heavy jackets, a couple of squall hammers...she'll be climbing the summit in no time. Awww yeaaaaaa

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I remember my first time...

Such a glorius 15 seconds that was.

Ol lass had no teeth, but dammit, did she not carry on like a trooper.

Sad thing is though, poor lass died 15 seconds in. I felt pretty awesome, cause I then could say "she couldn't grasp the true form of my attack!" and I said my over 9000 jokes and was done with it.

I always wanted to bang a silent hill nurse. You don't even know. Thing is, I don't think they would submit to the same feelings of "love" that I wish to show them. They seem kind of like the "cuckoo" types.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
That's a good point...not sure why she hasn't blocked him yet. But the reason he asked her about cheating could be a combination of the fact that he's in denial of the fact that he's a jerk and there's a reason to break up with him, and because one of his previous girlfriends cheated on him. Or maybe you're right...:laugh:
Proof that he is not worthy!:laugh:

jk, people can't be judged by that except this guy for being a jerk.:bee:

Wow...that would really annoy me...especially since the guy ditched you as soon as he found someone else. Well, maybe that wouldn't annoy me. :laugh:
At first i was annoyed but yeah then i was like NO MORE EMO RAMBLINGS!! :roll:

I was going to say that he's just a jerk, and needs no reason to be one, but I like your ideas better.

Amen. It's hilarious, refreshingly honest and not liable to break out into a flame war. Beautiful, really.

QFT!! and thanks!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Nobody who plays video games knows women.

Oh, and 'women,' DER ARE NO WOMANZ ON TEH INTARWEBZ.

On a serious note, none.

Top Bottom