• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many major fights have you gotten in with your girlfriend over Brawl so far?

Marie_54

Smash Ace
If I recall correctly, we played teams...everybody, that should be your solution...don't play vs. your girlfriend, play teams. That way you can save her from death and she'll be happy, rather than you beating the crap out of her. :laugh:
Karma is a b**** and she says that some day you will have a gf that will whoop your arse in brawl and you will be the one who wants to play team...:p

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I'm decent.

...And they've all been losers :D

It's actually very hard (at least in all the places I've lived) to find a guy who enjoys playing video games (not just GTA, either) Crazy, but I won't date a guy unless he genuinely (or at least appears to) enjoy playing video games.
Well, I'm right here for you...

j/k

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Karma is a b**** and she says that some day you will have a gf that will whoop your arse in brawl and you will be the one who wants to play team...:p
O.o

Why would I get bad karma for playing teams with my girlfriend?

She wasn't the one who wanted to play teams, I think it was a mutual decision...but honestly, it was a while ago so I don't really remember very well.

Unless I'm playing competitively, I enjoy teams more in just about any game.

Although I'd actually want a girlfriend who can beat me in Brawl. Well, actually, more like Melee. Brawl is a little too n00b friendly, so she could just beat me without being a video game fanatic like me. I'd like a girlfriend who shares my love of video games.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
O.o

Why would I get bad karma for playing teams with my girlfriend?

She wasn't the one who wanted to play teams, I think it was a mutual decision...but honestly, it was a while ago so I don't really remember very well.

Unless I'm playing competitively, I enjoy teams more in just about any game.

Although I'd actually want a girlfriend who can beat me in Brawl. Well, actually, more like Melee. Brawl is a little too n00b friendly, so she could just beat me without being a video game fanatic like me. I'd like a girlfriend who shares my love of video games.

"everybody, that should be your solution...don't play vs. your girlfriend, play teams. That way you can save her from death and she'll be happy, rather than you beating the crap out of her. "

You made it sound like if all girls sucked at brawl + posted it like if there weren't any girls around here...:ohwell: Even if you were joking many people do think that way...

btw I don't really believe in karma or any religion, i was just kidding...:bee:

...and TristanFattestOfAllKids got owned by ResidentSmashGenius...:laugh:

but hey i hope Tristan doesn't take that too harshly, someone once started cursing at me just because i said "owned".:ohwell:

startoonhero

Smash Apprentice
well if im on the phone with her while im playing brawl.. wow
she knows!!! but then again, just saying "mhm" after every sentence she seys
doesnt really help.. lol

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
"everybody, that should be your solution...don't play vs. your girlfriend, play teams. That way you can save her from death and she'll be happy, rather than you beating the crap out of her. "

You made it sound like if all girls sucked at brawl + posted it like if there weren't any girls around here...:ohwell: Even if you were joking many people do think that way...

btw I don't really believe in karma or any religion, i was just kidding...:bee:
Oh, that came out wrong.

I mean you can protect your boy/girlfriend, like you know, CPU Fox is about to land a KO move and you attack him. You know, romantically saving...I don't know, but you get what I'm trying to say, right?

By the last part, I meant rather than attacking them...I used that phrase to dramatize a point, make it sort of humorous, but in retrospect, that was a poor choice of words.

I didn't mean to act like there aren't any girls around here...yeah, I think I was tired earlier today, I'm realizing I made a lot of stupid mistakes in my posts from earlier...

I really didn't mean for it to come out that way. Sorry.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, a couple. If im on the phone with her and playing, she gets PISSED. But i totally understand, and I'm working on it so when were on the phone, I dont play, and when I play, im not on the phone. Almost a year and a half in, and I still do that ****. UGH, I'm dumb. :(

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
It's actually very hard (at least in all the places I've lived) to find a guy who enjoys playing video games (not just GTA, either) Crazy, but I won't date a guy unless he genuinely (or at least appears to) enjoy playing video games.
*baffled* Now I'm curious to know what part of town you live in so I can beat all of the nerds in that town senseless :laugh:.

But on topic: no gf fights, but I have gotten in fights related to the game and other arguments not related to smash with my female roommate (who plays, but is very bad).

SagaKirby

Smash Journeyman
The sad truth of many (78%) of brawlers dont have any girlfriends...

Thats what Myspace is for LOL.
But seriously,if youve argued with your gal over Videogames.

Put the controller down for awhile. Look for a game to play together :D

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ugh, a couple. If im on the phone with her and playing, she gets PISSED. But i totally understand, and I'm working on it so when were on the phone, I dont play, and when I play, im not on the phone. Almost a year and a half in, and I still do that ****. UGH, I'm dumb. :(
Yeahhh...one of my sister's ex-boyfriends did that...only he played Halo instead. That really annoyed her.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
At talking on phone and playing discussion- I had a friend that called me when he was playing and he started asking things and then never really paid attention... I was like dude just go play and he said NO i want to talk to you! I thought it was pretty annoying...
I for one, get angry if the phone rings while i'm playing...

Oh, that came out wrong.

I mean you can protect your boy/girlfriend, like you know, CPU Fox is about to land a KO move and you attack him. You know, romantically saving...I don't know, but you get what I'm trying to say, right?

By the last part, I meant rather than attacking them...I used that phrase to dramatize a point, make it sort of humorous, but in retrospect, that was a poor choice of words.

I didn't mean to act like there aren't any girls around here...yeah, I think I was tired earlier today, I'm realizing I made a lot of stupid mistakes in my posts from earlier...

I really didn't mean for it to come out that way. Sorry.
O_O

Ooh I see... Now i want to hug you.:chuckle:

The world needs more guys like you!:bee:

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Well,my former girlfriend didnt like smash at all..Ha once she called me to my cellphone and I just said:
SORRY,PLAYING SMASH WITH MY FRIENDS CALL YOU LATER,BYE.
XD,that was really funny(dont blame me,we were playing at a mall,so we had to pay for the hour of play).
She got a bit angry thought...
In the end we broke down,because:Era una perra que exageraba todo y nunca se disculpaba cuando se equivocaba.

PS:Spanenglish FTW!

SagaKirby

Smash Journeyman
Well,my former girlfriend didnt like smash at all..Ha once she called me to my cellphone and I just said:
XD,that was really funny(dont blame me,we were playing at a mall,so we had to pay for the hour of play).
In the end we broke down,because:Era una perra que exageraba todo y nunca se disculpaba cuando se equivocaba.

Oh I understood wut u sed dar.xD

Darkurai

Smash Master
She thinks I love the game more than her. (I might. :chuckle:)
Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.
If you're serious, then that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
If you're joking, then it's not really funny to begin with.

Anyway, I haven't gotten in any fights with my girlfriend over this game (hell, I've only gotten in one fight with her ever, unless you count all the pretend fights we do). We've been going out since September, and I'm not going to let a video game change that. I really love her. And while I may be a hardcore gamer, I'm not stupid enough to give her up for a game.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I bring my gf to the local computer cafe where all the good smashers play. We end up just kissing and stuff on the couch, but sometimes she gets mad when I play like ten matches in a row. xD
She likes the game and wants to be good, but she is horrible. xD

Vaul

Smash Apprentice
It's set up for some interesting role play. Just get two heavy jackets, one blue one pink. She'll climb the summit. Awww yeaaaa.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
^Freaking funny xD.
Anda pal' carajo, eso te salio del alma!:laugh:
Smashboards es latino XD.Still,it was the right decision to end the whole thing.I dont regret...

PS:Im from Perú BTW...

SagaKirby

Smash Journeyman
^Freaking funny xD.

Smashboards es latino XD.Still,it was the right decision to end the whole thing.I dont regret...

Am I glad I came her then
Madre de dios xD

Marie_54

Smash Ace

Yes... My aunt is like that and she married and divorced twice... XD

She thinks she is always right and during my 17 years of life i've only heard her say sorry less than 10 times...

I hate her... lol

Viva los latinos!! XD

SagaKirby

Smash Journeyman
Yes... My aunt is like that and she married and divorced twice... XD

She thinks she is always right and during my 17 years of life i've only heard her say sorry less than 10 times...

I hate her... lol

Viva los latinos!! XD
Yup,best thing bout it,people could get banned if they make a racial statement about us =D

Well back to the thread.
Seriously,if youre gals a gamer,LET HER BEAT YOU EVERY 2 TIMES.

If youre girl is happy,you are =D

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Edited:

Well, I'm right here for you...

j/k

:chuckle:

We should exchange friend codes and Brawl sometime.
Despite sounding creepy, why don't you go to the tournaments in Columbus or Atlanta? There are actually some smashers closer to Savannah than that... like the smashers in Savannah. xD

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
At talking on phone and playing discussion- I had a friend that called me when he was playing and he started asking things and then never really paid attention... I was like dude just go play and he said NO i want to talk to you! I thought it was pretty annoying...
I for one, get angry if the phone rings while i'm playing...
Yeah, unlesss you're online, playing with each other, being on the phone is kind of pointless. And in some cases, that can screw up your connection, so most of the time there's no reason to be on the phone at the same time...especially if someone CALLS YOU and is playing a game...that's what my sister's ex-boyfriend did. Idiot.
I get pretty angry myself, especially if it takes a while. My phone doesn't have speaker (well my Cell Phone does, but there's no reason to spend minutes so I can have speaker) so it gets just a tad tiring....

O_O

Ooh I see... Now i want to hug you.:chuckle:

The world needs more guys like you!:bee:
:blush: Thanks!

Eh...probably not the smartest thing to do to your girlfriend, but okay...:laugh:

Uh...er...dangit, after taking years of Spanish I should know what this means...yep, got it.

:lol:

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.
If you're serious, then that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
If you're joking, then it's not really funny to begin with.
Yeah, I have to agree there. Unless you're in a relationship that's meaningless to you, you shouldn't care more for the games than your girlfriend/boyfriend. And if your relationship is meaningless to you, there's no point in being in it.

Anyway, I haven't gotten in any fights with my girlfriend over this game (hell, I've only gotten in one fight with her ever, unless you count all the pretend fights we do). We've been going out since September, and I'm not going to let a video game change that. I really love her. And while I may be a hardcore gamer, I'm not stupid enough to give her up for a game.
Amen.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
None. I don't have one currently but me and my ex played Melee all the time. It was the only video game that she was really into which was fine for me since it was one of the only games I played on a regular basis.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
What does age have to do with it dude? I lost my virginity to a flock of sheep. Twice. At Age 9.
In a ninja turtle outfit. On a saturday. I would have lost it to a cow, but I decided for sheep because they gave me the "come do me" eyes.
I don't believe you.

Pics or it never happened.

so what im 14 and im not a virgin....
Well I'm 73 and I fathered seven kids with my daughter in the basement...

...Too soon?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Pft, 90% of the users on this board are virgins and lonely. The funny thing is, many will lie about having a GF due to mental inferiority.

90% is waaay too high, as even for geeks like we of SWF, many of us have sense enough to know hwo to appeal to women, and especially gamer-chicks (of which there are many on this site..) are not turned off by our smash love...ness.

My gf, really enjoys video games, and doesnt complain when I do play them alot, but she does ask that I spend time doing other things when she wants to.

So, no Smash - related fights yet.

Top Bottom