• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many characters should be in SSBB?

Air Jordan

Smash Cadet
How many characters should be in SSBB? Because you don't want too many, right.
Anybody that has a good guess, post you thought's here.

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
50 would be nice. That way, in 5 years, your friend won't be going, "i duno who teh pcik."

Seriously, 50 for Brawl.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sakurai said no more than 50, so 40-45 is a good guess, though since i would love an absolute max, i hope for 50.

Air Jordan

Smash Cadet
I think there should be about 30-36 characters? I'm a SSB fan, but isn't it known for having
a good amount of people? So it's likely they are going to put an amount smaller than 45.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I'm seeing the 40-45 range. The process on this game hasn't been as rushed as Melee was in the end, so Sakurai has more time to create fighters with different movesets. The only way I see 50 is if we still have a clone thrown in here or there, although it would be impressive

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Well, let's do this the logical way...

I personally like to break it up into the different series because they kind of helps determine who deserves to get in. The most popular/important ones deserve more, and series which are staples and may not be as popular deserve some but less. And everyone else belong in just a category of "new." Each of these should be fairly balanced. So, without further adieu...

Mario (6) - Mario's lineup really begs six...there are six main characters in the Mario series.

Zelda (5) Zelda needs at least the triforce, and there were five in Melee; I don't think it should go down.

Kirby (3) He's getting three because...Sakurai wants him to.

Pokemon (5) This sounds about right. Probably will keep 2 or 3 from last time and add a few more.

StarFox (4) I truly do believe it deserves this many, simply because of popularity of characters.

Metroid (3) Needs it. No doubt about it. And, probably not more because...there really...aren't any...

DK (2) No predictions about how this will be setup (could be "3"), but they'll likely just add Diddy.

F-Zero (2) and Earthbound (2) these have both had solo reps for the past two...they need one more.

Fire Emblem (2) No more, no less.

and, lastly...new series should have 3 (Wario counts), classic series should have 3 (Pit counts), and 3rd party series should have 3 (Snake counts).

This just sounds about right (I won't list who I think should fill all of these spots...)

So, I honestly think that the final count SHOULD be at least 43 based on these number, but I'd REALLY like other new characters and ICs to return (I hadn't counted them). Anyway, I think there should be that many...

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Well, let's do this the logical way...

I personally like to break it up into the different series because they kind of helps determine who deserves to get in. The most popular/important ones deserve more, and series which are staples and may not be as popular deserve some but less. And everyone else belong in just a category of "new." Each of these should be fairly balanced. So, without further adieu...

Mario (6) - Mario's lineup really begs six...there are six main characters in the Mario series.

Zelda (5) Zelda needs at least the triforce, and there were five in Melee; I don't think it should go down.

Kirby (3) He's getting three because...Sakurai wants him to.

Pokemon (5) This sounds about right. Probably will keep 2 or 3 from last time and add a few more.

StarFox (4) I truly do believe it deserves this many, simply because of popularity of characters.

Metroid (3) Needs it. No doubt about it. And, probably not more because...there really...aren't any...

DK (2) No predictions about how this will be setup (could be "3"), but they'll likely just add Diddy.

F-Zero (2) and Earthbound (2) these have both had solo reps for the past two...they need one more.

Fire Emblem (2) No more, no less.

and, lastly...new series should have 3 (Wario counts), classic series should have 3 (Pit counts), and 3rd party series should have 3 (Snake counts).

This just sounds about right (I won't list who I think should fill all of these spots...)

So, I honestly think that the final count SHOULD be at least 43 based on these number, but I'd REALLY like other new characters and ICs to return (I hadn't counted them). Anyway, I think there should be that many...

Fire emblem seires definatly deserves at least 3 chars in brawl in my opinion. and F-Zero I can only really see Capt falcon going.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Fire emblem seires definatly deserves at least 3 chars in brawl in my opinion. and F-Zero I can only really see Capt falcon going.
Clearly you don't know F-zero Characters, plenty of characters that could do well in smash bros.

Kalypso

Smash Journeyman
Clearly you don't know F-zero Characters, plenty of characters that could do well in smash bros.
Even Falcon is a complete, 100% stretch, being that everything he does is completely made up for smash brothers. All that was taken from the F-Zero games was his name... Also, Samurai Goroh is a ****ing idiot.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon was a bounty Hunter since the first F-Zero game, he already had a little background, and meh i don't like Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow would be more fitting as a villain since... well you know, he is the Villain. That or Deathborn, he is Nintendo's Darth Vader.

For Metroid, Samus, Ridley and Dark Samus are the only characters that fit in Brawl, and FE it should be something like Ike, Black Knight, Marth.

I'm guessing 35-45 Characters for Brawl.

Top Bottom