• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Many Characters Do you Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
How many characters do you guys mostly use, who? and why? Post your fav characters here I've got several. :laugh: Falco is my main throught. And I use all of the roster but play good with few of them. As I said here I finished with the list of the most used characters, in order from greatest to least. And well yeah I alot of ppl used falco, fox and marth.... :ohwell:
It took me a while to look throught all the posts in this thread to make the list so here it is :psycho: . Whoever who wants to post feel free, I will update the list weekly. Every number is for the number of users of the character who have posted on this thread.
1) Falco-67
2) Marth-66
3) Fox- 64
4) Capt.Falcon- 50
5) Doc. Mario- 45
6) Link- 41
7) Ganondorf/Sheik (tied)- 39
8) Jigglypuff/Mario (tied)-38
9) Samus- 32
10) Peach- 31
11) Luigi-30
12) Young Link/Roy (tied)- 28
13) G&W- 27
14) Pikachu/Ice Climbers (tied)- 25
15) Mewtwo/kirby (tied)- 19
16)Pichu/Ness (tied)- 18
17)Bowser- 17
18) Zelda/Yoshi (tied)-14
19) DK- 9
So the most used character is falco now, and still the least used character so far is DK.

I also rarely use doc and fox, but they are just too many. :psycho:

READY FOR BRAWL!!!!!

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Doc - Completely badass / total gangsta
Peach - Very fun and is the highest tier character that I play
Young Link - Cooler than link & funner imo
Puff - Unstoppable air game.

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
Here comes tha list:
Marth- Saw a ken vid + Nair is tha bomb!!!
Sheik- You become great on your first try with her.
Ganon- You become a L-cancel monster!!!
Luigi- Wavedashing around is just so much fun!
Captin- Tha Knee!!!
Jiggs- Rest K.O. FTW!!!
IC- Saw a Chu dat vid.
Peach- DSmash FTW!!!
Falco- I love to fight Jiggs with him...thats it...lol

-my n00b list...

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Ylink-love spamming projectiles and lvoe ever move and the hitboxes and the hilt meteor smash =]
Marth-I pretty much owe marth everything in melee to him lol.idk just laways lvoed marth
Samus-SWD,wall jump,extend grapple,bomb jumping,Samus has so much recovery and so many different things to do the mindgames are endless =D

Razed

Smash Ace
Falco - My main, he's fun to piss my friends off with SHL =3
Fox - Love his speed, and gimping my friends
Marth - Love his range/speed and the noise it makes when he hits someone
C.F - Love the speed and knee :3
Jiggly - Soooo fun
ICS - I don't have to do anything but WD and mash dsmash to beat my friends with them... my friends blow lol

mario-man

Smash Lord
I really only use one character, MARIO!!!!!!! His spikes are not matched. Period!!!! End of story!!!

But I can also use Luigi. I trained with him.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I use the following characters:

Peach - Main
Marth - Secondary
Fox - Third
Pichu - Fun Character
Link - Fun Character
Falco - Fun Character
Dr. Mario - Fun Character
Captain Falcon - Fun Character
Jigglypuff - Fun Character

And finally Kirby!! ^_^

mario-man

Smash Lord
I guess spike is the wrong term for it. More like down punch huh?!? I don't think so!!!

But seriously, are we on the same thought page. I'm talking about his fair, not the dair. His dair stinks unless used in combos, which I don't think you'll be doing over the edge of the stage. lol

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Just one.

Mewtwo- I play him because he is just way too awesome, even if he is a pokemon. Before that, I did main with Fox. My current Fox and Marth are decent, but Mewtwo is my only tournament ready character and I have no plans of playing any other character at any tournament.

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
It's good to have one character, but at the same time it is useful to know to use other characters so you can have an idea of what opponents will you confront. It helped me alot, I use to use only falco but I seem to gotton better by using more characters I think it actually helped me get faster.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong, I know the ins and outs of almost every character. It has definitely helped me out. My understanding of the overall game and the various characters is at a very high level.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
I play Roy mostly, but occasionally Falco. Roy is very fun to use, actually, and I have gotten very good with him over the past months.. I do fairly well with Falco as well, though I need to work a bit on Short hopping with him..

Those are really the only two I use, but I am good with pretty much any character..

alcheato

Smash Ace
Doc, Roy, + Zelda = too hot. I'll bust out a Ganon once in a while cause he's beastly in teams.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I use the Mario clone trio well, but still more Mario than anything. And Mr. Game & Watch, Link, Roy, DK, Kirby... I want to be flexible with everyone, but the desire to get better with my best character is too great at times.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
young link - 'flee flee flee from danger'
Ganon - awesome, took him up as my 1st character when i started.
mario - just fun
mewtwo/roy - going to pick up one of them, not sure which one yet.

Yoda120741

Smash Rookie
Fox, Falco, Marth, Jiggz, Sheik, Ganon, C falcon, Mario, Doc, Luigi, Pikachu, Roy, and ICs in that order of frequency and skill.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
I guess spike is the wrong term for it. More like down punch huh?!? I don't think so!!!

But seriously, are we on the same thought page. I'm talking about his fair, not the dair. His dair stinks unless used in combos, which I don't think you'll be doing over the edge of the stage. lol
We know you were talking about his fair, and it's a meteor smash.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
I ony use one character... that's Mario. That's the only character I feel comfortable with, cause either I miss a jump or fall off the edge with characters such as Fox/Falco... gar it sucks.

kikkomang

Smash Rookie
I use 4 characters and holy hell your signature is gigantic OP.

p.s. the 4 characters I use are Marth, Ganondorf, Falco, and Captain Falcon. (Used to use Samus)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Fox - His speed, power and the combos that are made possible because of his attributes [weight, speed, lag etc.]
Marth- Long reach, speed and combos
Mario - He wears red [my favorite colour] and his balance is good.
DK- for fun DK suicides
ICs - crazy ***** and grabs
Ganondorf - for ****** crappy players who can't even roll.

starvingartist

Smash Cadet
I main with sheik and ness. Yes I realize that that is probably an odd combination but for some reason I just picked the characters that I liked using the most. I like to play around with all of the characters though just to get a feel of what it feels like to do some of the moves that will be coming against me.

darth _marth

Smash Rookie
I use four.
1.Marth-air attacks, combos
2.Roy-can withstand more damage till he goes flying than marth
3.Samus-Super Missile
4.Doc-forward smash

Hellhawk23

Smash Rookie
Well, my best character is Marth, and my favorites to use are Link and Luigi, so I guess three. When I'm just having fun with friends I pick anyone though. Random matches are pretty fun to do.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I have never dished out my characters in an actual tourney [hopefully if one nearby could just open in a public place, like in a store or tropical park [if possible], my parents might not let me otherwise. Actually, my dad would refuse either way, he hates video games, and forums].

Here are the characters I like to use

Mario (Main): Real fun to use. In the beginning, this was the only character I could do decent with, so I stayed with him, and I really like Nintendo games [primarily Mario]. I like his up-air, the mindgame/recovery attributes of his cape, and his decent arial mobility. His cons I have grown accustomed to.

Fox (Secondary): I only started to occasionally use Fox after I learned Mario to a better extent. I can't use him as well as Mario, and I have almost no mindgames with him, but once, I got mad after being killed early , so I somehow moved faster than my mind could keep up. I thrashed my brother quickly, and then suicided from lack of control.

Samus (Secondary): I want to learn how to be good with Samus, but I stink. Fun to use, but her wide array of tricks make her very hard to learn. Picked due to great counterbalance choices for Mario, and looks fun to learn.

I once tried Sheik for fun. Really easy to use, but that's how Shieks are. I don't plan on picking up Sheik.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Roy - My current main I've only become so good with him because I've used him most since melee was released, despite his generally bad airborne skill I've learnt to handle it well.

Pichu - This one was originally just for fun, but I used to get a kick out of evading almost every move thrown at me, now I'm pretty serious about the way I play, but it's still fun too.

Kirby - It was an old favorite and when I began to start using him again recently, I pulled off some nifty combos, so I'm currently lifting my Kirby game.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
MAIN
Marth

Secondary tourney characters in order
Falco
Fox
Zelda
Sheik
Falcon

Fun
Ganon
Bowser
Pichu
and the rest:cool:

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Game & Watch - Main. At first I picked him up for fun, but he ended up being my best character. Screws some people up at tourneys if they've never played a good G&W before :chuckle:

Falco - After getting pwned by Falco in tourneys over and over again, I basically said if you can't beat em, join em. So I picked him up and now he's my second best.

Ice Climbers - Too good.

Samus - It takes her a very long time to die and she has great recovery.

Peach - See above.

Zelda/Sheik - I alternate between them in matches. Hey, it works.

Luigi - My favorite in SSB64 and my Favorite Nintendo character.

Mario - <3 the cape.

Bowser - I'm the only person I know that plays Bowser around here. And I play him quite well.

Ganon - My first main, and I still play him today.

Main-Marth

Why:He's a combo maniac.And i also love Fire Emblem

Main Secondary-Fox

Why: SH Nair>Shine>Any Smash=<3

His combo's in general are fun

Sub Secondary-Mario

Why: Just plain awsome,great combo's,mindgames,and awsome wavelands.

Learning in progress-Falcon & Falco

Why: I just want to....

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
If you're talking tournament ready characters for me, I play 3 that I would be willing to use. Falco, Fox, and Falcon.

If you're talking who I play for fun, the list is slightly longer. Link, Y. Link, Kirby, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Marth, and Game and Watch.

Of all those "fun" characters, the ones I'm semi-competent with are Y. Link, Kirby, and Marth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom