• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many all-nighters have you pulled, and why? (aside from new year's)

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Well, my memory isnt the best but for what i can recall....

Once with my cousin, we finished from start the King Kong game for GameCube in a night then some smash afterwards.

Like other 2 times with this same cousin with pure Smash.

and 2 non-videogame related, one at a friend's house, we just stayed making fun of eahc other all night, maybe we had more alcohol than we should, im not used to drink much. And the other one was at a Halloween party.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Mostly because of papers for school (Yay for doing things last second) or because of insomnia
Oh sometimes I read into the night if the book is really good

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I used to go to LAN parties during the summer with some of my computer-nut friends before they went to college. We would play Halo (PC version) Unreal Tournament, Doom 3 and other great PC games all night long, and then go to the lake and watch a beautiful mountain sunrise before we packed up our computers and staggered our own ways. You've never seen such sleep-deprived, caffeine-saturated geeky people, and I was one of them.

I did play Brawl straight into broad daylight when I got it at the midnight release, and then went to work that was a interesting experience, afterwards I nearly fell asleep while playing brawl.

my favorite was probably the night a friend and I played Brawl all evening, all night. Then I took my friend out to breakfast then we went right on playing more brawl. I've got a feeling that this summer is going to be filled with more all-night gaming.

Raptor Jesus.

Smash Cadet
I haven't only pulled ONE all-nighter, I've pulled several in a row. When I lived back in California, during the summer between my 8th grade year and my freshman year, I stayed up 4 days in a row with a group of friends of mine. We survived on Monster energy drinks and loads of coffee. All we practically did for those 4 days was just play Halo 2 via XBox LIVE at my house.

Staying up for four days straight kind of messes with your sleeping patters and starts to make you to hallucinate. After about the 3rd day or so of staying up, you begin to hear things that aren't even there. And about halfway through the 3rd day, you begin to see things on your peripheral that begin make you paranoid. It was an interesting natural high we attained and shared our hallucinations with each other the next day after we got about 20 hours of sleep.

Good times.

yossarian22

Smash Journeyman
Erm... Probably in the hundreds by now.

Homework. Finals. Melee. Halo 1, 2, 3. Starcraft. And plenty of times for no real reason. Such as now.

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
I do pull em off very often wihtout any difficulty.

Because of school, VGs or parties.
Same here, plus sometimes my friends and i just like to hang out or take drives for no reason, we will take off at like 11pm and pretty much drive for 4-10 hours straight. Driving is my favorite thing to do.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
IIRC, I haven't dont too many. The all-nighters I do remember is because I just got back from the Philippines and there was a large time change so I slept during the day and I was awake at night. Other times, I had to finish some big english essay, which I procrastinated for a week or two. And now, all-nighters are pretty much just talking to my gf.

Top Bottom