• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How long do you plan on playing ssb64?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Until I don't feel like playing anymore.

Setting concrete dates is silly. If I feel like playing I'll play. If not I won't.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Warning Received
don't be so ****ing abrasive gav keshs christ

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
pretty sure i have a vocabulary roughly 800 times the size of yours. regardless, i don't think sheer was calling you or the thread out by making that post...if anything, it was a reference to me, because i think i was the only one who mentioned a concrete date. clearly, you took it personally, and responded in usual gavdick manner

ANYway that wasn't a deliberate censor dodge, i was on my phone and i still can't use a touchscreen, fingers are too big, goddammit shaya

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
pretty sure i have a vocabulary roughly 800 times the size of yours. regardless, i don't think sheer was calling you or the thread out by making that post...if anything, it was a reference to me, because i think i was the only one who mentioned a concrete date. clearly, you took it personally, and responded in usual gav**** manner

ANYway that wasn't a deliberate censor dodge, i was on my phone and i still can't use a touchscreen, fingers are too big, goddammit shaya
Can you just kill yourself already, I don't see much point in your life except trying to respond like a smart ass to everything I say. 800 times my vocabulary, lol. You don't even know how to use words in the right context. I've never seen such a simple minded fool pretend to be so smart.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Can you just kill yourself already, I don't see much point in your life except trying to respond like a smart *** to everything I say. 800 times my vocabulary, lol. You don't even know how to use words in the right context. I've never seen such a simple minded fool pretend to be so smart.
remember when i said to not be so abrasive...man that's also like 3 tweets right there, nice, haven't gotten much material from you lately kiddo

real question: how come you always ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS tell people to kill themselves? it's a gav catchphrase, really

about the concrete thing: i've got a lot of reasons, but i don't want to:
1. be some washed up player who goes to tourneys and gets sub par placings
2. be over a certain age and continue to go to tourneys and play the game (some might take that the wrong way, but let it be known i don't judge the people who play who are older or younger than me, ie tommy and jimmyjoe...that's their own personal decision, one i cannot see myself making)
3. dedicate an excessive amount of time to something that ultimately will only lead to recognition in the small pond of a community that we have. if it's a choice between two hundred people lauding me as one of the best samus mains in the country or two hundred people reading my stories, i'm going with the ****in latter.
4. not go out on my own terms.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Those seem like superficial reasons to me cobra.

Like any hobby in anyone's life.. If you enjoy it why stop? Unless you think ssb64 is caustic to other areas of your life?

But hey you gotta do what you gotta do.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
there's a possibility of it interfering with other stuff.

i know most of ya'll take off from work to go to apex, zenith, local events, fests etc...i can't see myself doing that, for instance. i've experienced how it is playing smash while in a relationship, and i wouldn't be a fan of it (i got lucky with my ex). and when the time comes for me to save money, i don't think it'd be wise to use it to go on daytrips to other states for tourneys where i probably won't make any back. especially considering these kinds of trips usually don't include going out and exploring the town and area because you have to play tourney matches.

if anything, i'd still play online, merely because it requires a little more thought than tetris and i have no desire to straight up bounce and leave everything thinking i vanished forever (see: ballin)

Sangoku

Smash Master
That's why I don't have this power. However infracting you (including both) because of your constant flamewar is not a violation of BASIC RIGHTS.

Shears

Smash Master
I'm just saying, not everyone here cares to see this back and forth flirting between you and nova. You want to chronicle everything he says and call him out for it, then go ahead and post it all to twitter. If more of us cared we would follow it (or join twitter just to follow it). But, we don't really care that much and aren't on twitter. I'm all for your freedom and I'm not supporting fascism by promoting sangokus authoritative rule, but its like if kero and idk, vale?, got in an animal pic war and posted tons of animal pics back and forth forever on every single thread every single day. It just gets stale.

caneut

Smash Ace
i like to play smash and stuff and i think i will play it some more later

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
there's always gonna be a lot of back and forth, regardless of user/subject. I AM NOT A SHOWMAN TRYING TO PUT GAV ON STAGE!

remember timers, rr pools, keyboard legality, hyrule legality, etc? those were all stale after the first page. AND YET

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I'll keep playing until I stop improving over a sufficient amount of time or until the community starts to shrink and people stop playing. At the rate that the game is growing, the former is going to happen a lot sooner.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Until I realize I can't become a top player, no matter how hard I try and train, then I'll stop and play the game sometimes with my brothers

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
Its not hard to break a melee disc.

1. Pick up melee disc
2. Hold disc so that it is in between both hands
3. Fold disc
4. Repeat 1-3 with brawl disc
I would break my Brawl disc, but it has already collected tons of dust from never being played, and I don't wanna get my hands dirty. Shots ;T.

Sorry, but I have played both 64 and Melee competitively, and I enjoy Melee more.

Annex

Smash Ace
That's too bad babe. Maybe one day you'll see the light.
21 posts in one day is a pretty strong binge. You doin alright?

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
That's too bad babe. Maybe one day you'll see the light.
21 posts in one day is a pretty strong binge. You doin alright?
I've always read SWF posts but never bothered making an account for some reason.

And if my N64 would turn on in less than 50 flicks of the power button, I would be a little more motivated to play 64.

TOGOpuff

Jigglyfy the world !
NNID
TOGOpuff
i play it regularly on the n64 and i have it on my wii VC so i don't think i'll ever stop playing this game...
About kids and wife and family... naaaaah i'm not into that kind of thing. I live well by myself.

concrete date : 04/26/2021

Last edited:

Cestus

Smash Cadet
FOR LIFE. If my CRT breaks, I will get a new one. If they are extinct, I will play emulator. I will show my children the secret beauty of when games had a metagame and were easy to learn but hard to master; when you could feel excellence of execution. The golden days will never leave me.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Until I have nobody to practice with under good conditions.

Welp

See you all last at zenith
I can understand your frustration, but is quitting necessary? Maybe just play less so that you don't get pissed off if there aren't many people to play with. If you only play once a week and organize a session with people you want to play, I'm sure they'd be down. I've tried to play every day and it just doesn't work lol. I don't get frustrated if I play less per week, but I don't want to outright quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom