• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How long did it take you to master Wave Dashing?

BackwardCap

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-0407-6208
I'm wondering if it'll be worth the time, effort, and sore hands to get it down. It's like the only tech skill I don't have a 90% successful execution ratio on.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Being able to do it on command : 15 seconds.
Being able to use it when I'm actually supposed to : a lifetime.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Being able to do it on command : 15 seconds.
Being able to use it when I'm actually supposed to : a lifetime.
What he said. I seem to be better at Wavedashing and tech skills in PM with Ganondorf than my actual main Marth. .-. Hopefully Roy is easier :roypm:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Its something that should be mastered on a technical basis because it gives you a plethora of options to utilize at a given moment.

That said, using it when you're supposed to is a different story, but by at least mastering it on a technical basis, you'll have one less issue on your plate as you'll be able to do it whenever you think you should.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Its also very character dependent to. Some characters really benefit from wavedashing like Luigi, Fox, Marth.

Where for other it really doesn't help that much like Link, or Bowser.

As for your questio it took me about 15-30 minutes to get the input for wavedashing down for Samus and Ness(my mains) But as others say getting the in match consistency takes a lot longer to get down.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I really think that it changes based on the character. ICies and Marth both have nice wave-dashes, but I feel comfortable WDing as ICies (I can use it a lot in a real match, and my usage always makes sense and helps me with spacing, getting grabs, avoiding people, etc), and I'm REALLY uncomfortable doing it as Marth. Most of the time I'll just WD backwards and either fsmash or ftilt as Marth, that's about all I can manage. He can use it for so much more, but I'm just not there yet.

I also play DK a lot, and I almost never use his. I know it can be useful, and I've seen the great DK players like Strong Bad and Captain Jack using it, but I'm usually better off just not trying. : P

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
As far as getting used to wavedashing during gameplay, try to do a technique that utilizes it. Luigi's boosted ftilt comes to mind. Dedede's waddle dees. Diddy Kong's bananas. Personally, I practised by wave dashing towards the opponent with my back facing them. This approach forced me to time bairs, side b, or run away while staying in a non-commiting state. Along with that, I practised wave dashing facing them so I could get my jabs in.

I'd even go as far as suggesting that you get really comfortable air dodging in any and all directions to further ease the feel and timing of wave dashing. After all, the whole idea here is movement options.

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
O rite. Took me a few minutes to learn. About two weeks to actually use it. Now that I've taught myself to use R as jump, wavedashing is almost second nature.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Incidentally, which characters in PM use it the most and which ones don't need it as much?

I'm interested in :ivysaur:, :wolf:, :link2:, and :bowser2: right now, and I'd like to know who I really need it for.

Honestly, I still can't get dashing down. I was trying to learn it again last night, and more times then not, my character keeps going into a jump animation, even when I'm crouching and trying to press the shield button. On occasion, I wavedash once, but I can't string it together. It's incredibly frustrating.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The real trick is using WD out of optiong like Shielding or Dashing. You open the game up a bit by doing so.

Only tricky part about WDing is getting used to different jump squat frame data's.

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
Only tricky part about WDing is getting used to different jump squat frame data's.
This is key. Once you know your character's jump squat, you know when you should be dodging. Bowser makes finding this very easy as he has the longest jump squat duration(which sucks for me). Mess with Training Mode's speed option to slow things down and see exactly what happens when.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Yeah, that's a good point. Luigi is also great to practice WDing with, because his is enormous so you'll feel great every time you get it right. Luigi's also one of the easiest characters to see how it's useful for, since his is so long that you can start thinking "okay, I can use this backwards to get away from an opponent, or use it forwards to put pressure on him, or use it while landing on a platform to slide away, or..." etc etc.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Incidentally, which characters in PM use it the most and which ones don't need it as much?

I'm interested in :ivysaur:, :wolf:, :link2:, and :bowser2: right now, and I'd like to know who I really need it for.

Honestly, I still can't get dashing down. I was trying to learn it again last night, and more times then not, my character keeps going into a jump animation, even when I'm crouching and trying to press the shield button. On occasion, I wavedash once, but I can't string it together. It's incredibly frustrating.
Ivysaur, and Bowser hardly use it at all. Bowser's is so slow and short that it's almost completely useless. Ivysaur's is short, but you can use it for positioning bairs and taking edges. Link's has the benefit of allowing you to grab items, so if you leave a bomb lying around you can pick it up again. Wolf relies on the mechanic a ton. Being able to wavedash out of a shine, while not as useful as it is for Falco and Fox because of the angle the shine sends them, is nonetheless incredibly useful to apply pressure on people's shields. Waveshining is difficult, so be warned, learning this mechanic will take some time. Also Wolf uses wavelanding, a variant of wavedashing, to give himself some mobility after firing a laser.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Ivysaur, and Bowser hardly use it at all. Bowser's is so slow and short that it's almost completely useless. Ivysaur's is short, but you can use it for positioning bairs and taking edges. Link's has the benefit of allowing you to grab items, so if you leave a bomb lying around you can pick it up again. Wolf relies on the mechanic a ton. Being able to wavedash out of a shine, while not as useful as it is for Falco and Fox because of the angle the shine sends them, is nonetheless incredibly useful to apply pressure on people's shields. Waveshining is difficult, so be warned, learning this mechanic will take some time. Also Wolf uses wavelanding, a variant of wavedashing, to give himself some mobility after firing a laser.
Okay, yeah, I'm more worried about L-canceling with Bowser (I have a tendency for screwing up with his Bair)
I really like Ivysaur, probably because he's so gimmicky, but that makes him fun to use. Still, the dashing should be good for him.
Link... yeah, I'll work on that. It sounds situational though, but is it worth it otherwise?
And Wolf, my main in vBrawl... I liked him in this thus far because he still flows well with how I used him before (albeit less laser). But incorporating the dashing... oh crud.

I still struggle with it. I spent a bit more time today practicing, and I can do it easily with Weegee, but the others, like Wolf, I have trouble. I don't even know where I'd begin to apply this in battle, considering I can barely pull it off in practice. I've always had difficulty with this sort of thing, in Melee and even in Brawl (still can't DACUS.) I'm going to keep trying because I don't want to give up on it, but I feel as though I might be better off putting time in to characters that don't require it as much, like Ivysaur and such.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Okay, yeah, I'm more worried about L-canceling with Bowser (I have a tendency for screwing up with his Bair)
I really like Ivysaur, probably because he's so gimmicky, but that makes him fun to use. Still, the dashing should be good for him.
Link... yeah, I'll work on that. It sounds situational though, but is it worth it otherwise?
And Wolf, my main in vBrawl... I liked him in this thus far because he still flows well with how I used him before (albeit less laser). But incorporating the dashing... oh crud.

I still struggle with it. I spent a bit more time today practicing, and I can do it easily with Weegee, but the others, like Wolf, I have trouble. I don't even know where I'd begin to apply this in battle, considering I can barely pull it off in practice. I've always had difficulty with this sort of thing, in Melee and even in Brawl (still can't DACUS.) I'm going to keep trying because I don't want to give up on it, but I feel as though I might be better off putting time in to characters that don't require it as much, like Ivysaur and such.

Don't worry. The most important thing is to focus on the basics, like spacing. If Wolf is your main and you really love/do well with his playstyle, you shouldn't stop using him just because his WD is a nice tool. It's just another incentive to keep learning how to WD and how to use it well.

This might help you visualize how you'd use your WD - here's some recent matches from a really high level Wolf player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfcMY-MWT6Q

Hopefully that helps! No matter what, don't get discouraged or burnt out. There's so much depth in this game, so it's important to take it slowly. Spend a little bit of time practicing and then just have some matches with friends and enjoy yourself. Over the course of weeks/months you'll be amazed at how much you'll improve.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah, that's a good point. Luigi is also great to practice WDing with, because his is enormous so you'll feel great every time you get it right. Luigi's also one of the easiest characters to see how it's useful for, since his is so long that you can start thinking "okay, I can use this backwards to get away from an opponent, or use it forwards to put pressure on him, or use it while landing on a platform to slide away, or..." etc etc.
Luigi's the easiest to perform a wavedash with, but its mostly the ICs and Marth where I feel it teaches players the best. Players will generally try to counter with their fastest and most powerful move, which is typically the smash attack. While Luigi has an effective wavedash, ICs f-smash and d-smash garner so much reward that it allows players to know when and where to use it. Luigi's WD attacks are a bit more complex and you really only start seeing the reward once you get used to the mechanics. Marth's WD is good for learning too because it's not too hard to perform, and its not too long either. This way players feel as if they have more control over their character then (ex.) Luigi who slides a bit too far away for comfort, and Marth has a plethora of options to choose from wavedashing like f-smash, grab, side-b, etc. His disjointed hitbox helps with him having some safe attacks (at least at a lower level), so its easier to get used to.

It took a day or two to get it down and it took a bit more than a month for me too comfortably use it consistently within a match with proper usage.

I have a thread called Top Players by Character Redux on the general discussion PM page. As you might guess, it shows the top players per each PM character. These players show these characters at the top of their current metagame, so you search up those players on youtube or something to see the characters in action. Its easier to judge yourself whether or not you need wavedashing when you watch these videos.

Its still in the process of updating, but it does the job.

Nguz95

Smash Lord

I was in the same boat for a while, and I found myself going around in circles with characters that I deemed "easy" to use. I would initially get better, but then the strategy or gimmick I was using would get old and I would start getting smashed again. Eventually I realized that the only way I was going to be able to improve would be to wean myself off of one-track gimmicks and strategies and on to solid fundamentals I could create and change a strategy with. With that in mind I picked the most technical character I liked, Falco, and began learning literally everything I could about his advanced techniques.

Let me preface this by saying that I am exactly the same type of person you are. Tech skill does not come naturally to me at all, and learning how to do it correctly was difficult until I took a structured approach to it.

I first started practicing l-canceling. I would stand in place and shffl dairs until I finally got it to an 85% completion rate. Then I moved on to short-hop lasers. This technique was easy in comparison to l-canceling because I did not have to time my l-presses. Then I moved on to wavedashing. This technique was difficult because the timing was rather strict. I started to make a rhythm I could use to feel it out instead of doing it mechanically. Falco has a few more frames of jumpsquat than the fastest characters, which makes his short hop comparatively easy. However, it means that you have to pause for a split second after you jump to input the airdodge. I started clicking my tongue after I jumped to remind myself to wait to input the airdodge (weird I know, but it helped). When I had that down to a 75% completion rate, I started trying to wavedash out of a shine. This was a similar movement to the regular wavedash, as the time required to move my thumb from the b button to the y button was about the came amount of time I had to wait to input Falco's airdodge. I practiced all this without hitting anyone until I could get it consistently. When I had the same completion rate as my wavedash (75%) I started putting it all together. I would short hop laser a standing Fox CPU, dair him, shine, and then wavedash. I ran into a little problem though. When Falco made contact with Fox he would lose his fast-falling momentum and fall to the ground slowly. This meant that my Dair was not safe on shield, as I could be easily shield grabbed out of it. I learned that if I waited to input the fastfall until the moment I saw the impact graphic, a small purple burst, appear, Falco would fall to the ground really quickly and I could shine Fox without fear of being grabbed. Eventually, after about two weeks of practicing it both alone and in matches, I managed to get the technique.

Learning how to do this one technique (applying standard shield pressure with Falco) taught me a lot of smaller techniques that drastically improved every other aspect of my game. Once I knew how to shffl I could edgeguard with bairs instead of trying to time an fsmash or dsmash. Once I could short hop lasers I could successfully laser camp and keep annoying characters like Marth at bay. Once I could wavedash I could actually use his shine, which opened up a whole new world of possibilities in terms of offensive strategies. For instance, now I can mix up my shield pressure by wavedashing behind someone when I shine their shield. I can either dair or shine again, and its really safe because I am behind my opponent, which means they can't shield grab me. I can also wavedash away from my opponent if I feel like I'm not safe enough, which means I can also bait grabs from grab-happy Marths and DDDs.

In short, learning a technical character seriously improved my gameplay as a whole. I finally broke through a barrier that had been holding me back for a long time, and I have realized that my potential is now considerably higher than it would have been had I stuck with the easier characters.

I hope this helps!

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Luigi's the easiest to perform a wavedash with, but its mostly the ICs and Marth where I feel it teaches players the best. Players will generally try to counter with their fastest and most powerful move, which is typically the smash attack. While Luigi has an effective wavedash, ICs f-smash and d-smash garner so much reward that it allows players to know when and where to use it. Luigi's WD attacks are a bit more complex and you really only start seeing the reward once you get used to the mechanics. Marth's WD is good for learning too because it's not too hard to perform, and its not too long either. This way players feel as if they have more control over their character then (ex.) Luigi who slides a bit too far away for comfort, and Marth has a plethora of options to choose from wavedashing like f-smash, grab, side-b, etc.

I totally agree about the ICies, I actually learned WDing with them back in high school. =) It's why I fell in love with them, too - I was a DK main who was sad about always getting whupped in the video games club, so I came to this board for some help. WDing as DK felt weird, so I wanted to practice it with someone with a crazy WD. I'd always loved Ice Climbers cause I had fond memories of playing that game with my older cousin when I was a little kid, so when I saw they had one of the biggest WDs, I got excited and learned it as them, haha.

Yurya

Smash Apprentice

You shouldn't ask "should I learn wavedashing?" because you should. Wavedashing (and its twin wavelanding) is an important part of mobility that everyone needs if you want to get better (I assume so you posted here with that intent). The thing to remember is to start small and work on one part at a time until it is second nature i.e. you do it instinctively. As DMG said even if the character isn't especially good at washdashing it still opens up options out of dash and shield that you would never have before. If you want a game that is easy don't bother playing PM and go play Cod/Skyrim. It is also a decent life lesson of hard work paying off.

I would actually start with perfecting L-canceling and wavelanding; every time your character lands you should be holding L and down. Play matches and instead of primarily focusing on winning make the focus to land every time with a L-cancel or waveland. This WILL be discouraging at first as you will most likely get beat up as your focus has left winning for the moment. But if you don't give up there will come that moment when you realized you just L-cancelled without thinking.

Once you are consistent with these, move to Short-hopping and Wavedashing; now whenever you are on the ground you should be concentrating on only moving using those methods. Again it will be hard but time and consistency produce results. After mastering these you will see the speed and accuracy of just thinking where you want your character to go, to actually going there, improve drastically. I personally think this method of approaching learning these is very useful as it both builds upon itself and intuitively focuses on landing together and then moving from the ground.

I myself have not perfected wavedashing yet (been about 5 months limited practice) but just today I got a very satisfactory combo using Shiek: I wavedashed out of a dash dance, dodging an attack, SHFFLed an uair, jumped and wavelanded onto a platform before uptiltiing and hopping to a fair. This particular combo would not have been nearly as feasible without using techs such as wavelanding. All characters in PM including Ivy, Wolf, Bowser, and Link can benefit from having better positioning sooner which is the reason you should learn and stick with Wavelanding and other techs.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
First i learned how to do it
then, evertime i got a kill, i would spam it while they respawned
through doing this i got the timing perfect
next i would dashdance and when they got close to me i would wavedash away from them
After that wavedash became a habit and i would start using it in different ways
thats how i got it at least

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I was using a lame controller with a broken L trigger, so it took me a good 2 months to master. To use it effectively in-combat, I can use it well, but usually I mess up and do a delayed shield jump instead of a Wave Dash. It's not the hardest tech skill to learn, it's the first thing I learned.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Don't worry. The most important thing is to focus on the basics, like spacing. If Wolf is your main and you really love/do well with his playstyle, you shouldn't stop using him just because his WD is a nice tool. It's just another incentive to keep learning how to WD and how to use it well.

This might help you visualize how you'd use your WD - here's some recent matches from a really high level Wolf player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfcMY-MWT6Q

Hopefully that helps! No matter what, don't get discouraged or burnt out. There's so much depth in this game, so it's important to take it slowly. Spend a little bit of time practicing and then just have some matches with friends and enjoy yourself. Over the course of weeks/months you'll be amazed at how much you'll improve.
Thanks. I'm not calling it quits yet. I realize that it'll take time, and I figured I'll practice a bit everyday for the time being. Unfortunately, I don't have many people to practice with, so that'll be limited.

In short, learning a technical character seriously improved my gameplay as a whole. I finally broke through a barrier that had been holding me back for a long time, and I have realized that my potential is now considerably higher than it would have been had I stuck with the easier characters.

I hope this helps!
I get what you're saying, and I won't be stopping with Wolf. However, I have to keep up with a gimmicky character as well for the sake of my sanity. One reason why I couldn't get into Melee as much as I did Brawl was because for me, a lot of the game (when I was actually playing it with others) began to feel like work than fun. I get that there needs to be work to get better, but I have to keep myself invested in the what I'm doing. Luckily so far, I find PM to be a lot more entertaining than Melee, so that's a start.

Kati

Smash Lord
Wavedashing out of a dash is both easy and highly applicable. I wd with Bowser, but I never feel like it is accomplishing anything useful. I'm not sure about Link, but it's definitely very useful with Ivy.

If your hands are hurting, you simply MUST reevaluate what you are doing while holding a controller. Buttons require minimal force and distance in order to activate, so your hands should be as relaxed and loose as possible before hampering your play. On the rare occasion that I get to play smash, I play it for 5+ hours straight, and have never in over ten years experienced hand pain. I also realized that after I had adjusted my finger/hand habits to include a relaxed minimal force grip, that my control sticks stopped wearing out.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Like DMG said, the only hard part is getting used to the different characters jump squat timings, and depending on your character, it will be easier or harder. Of course, it's best you get familiar your own character's jump first.

I don't wavedash at all in P:M because I suck at everyone's wavedash except Samus, who isn't in. Thankfully, most characters I play in the mean time don't need wavedashing to do well. If I get to a point where NOT wavedashing is preventing me from getting wins, a point where I say to myself "You know what, I lost because I didn't wavedash OoS right there", maybe I'll learn to do it consistently with other characters, but for now, I haven't found the need to so I haven't bothered.

Fortress

Smash Master
I don't know if anybody's said anything like this already, but, it took about two or three hours of straight, non-stop practice on Battlefield as Luigi to figure it out, and to learn it. Mastery is something that hasn't come to me yet, as I've yet to start using it to its fullest potential. I'm at the point where I can slip and slide about with Mario and Weegee without ever leaving the ground, so I've got the motions and inputs down. It's all a matter of doing other kinds of mixups and trickery to really get to 'mastery'.

In terms of 'most difficult tech skills to learn', the Wavedash wasn't all the way up there, but it took a little while to get the timing down to be consistent. I constantly had to run 'laps' around Battlefield with Mario and Weegee, making sure I didn't get 'rusty'. I still every now and again load up Battlefield in Training with Link to do nothing but Wavedash/land, DACUS, AGT/Bomb Recover, and tether cancel. Just drilling yourself like that on personal 'regiments' can be pretty helpful, I found.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Although luigi has the longest wavedash, i dont beleive it is the easiest. Rather than learning it with luigi you should learn it with your main, then you will find out the best uses with wd for your character

Fortress

Smash Master
Although luigi has the longest wavedash, i dont beleive it is the easiest. Rather than learning it with luigi you should learn it with your main, then you will find out the best uses with wd for your character
At the time, I was simply learning it with Weegee for the sake of learning it. Strangely, his was easier for me to do than with Link's; with whom I have no problems performing the wavedash. At least, not anymore. Besides, I really wanted to main Luigi over Mario at the time (as I just prefer Luigi on the whole, in and out of Smash Bros), and the wavedash was my first stop to doing so. After learning it with Luigi, I just ended up picking up the wavedash with Mario, and eventually with Link, as well.

It does go without saying, though, learn tech that benefits your main. As Bowser, I'm sure there's some minuscule application for wavedashing, but it's probably not your go-to practice tech. Like others have said, there's more reason to learn it (even when it's of little use to that character) than to not have it at all in your repertoire.

Personally, I weight the following techs in terms of how soon a player should learn from top to bottom:

Shorthopping
L-Cancelling
SHFFL
DI/Crouch Cancelling
Character-specific Recovery Options (possibly below Wave techniques)
Wave Landing
Wave Dashing
AGT/Glidetossing
DACUS

This isn't to say I consider any tech more important than another at all, but I feel that as a player who woud pick up the controller for the first time, that learning the L-Cancel would be more beneficial at that point in experience than attempting AGT. But, what do I know, I had an infinitely harder time learning Link's DACUS than learning how to AGT.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
About a month.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
When your use to a certain jump squat duration, it actually makes other characters really hard to use, because of the timing difference.

For the life of me i cannot play Falco or Ganon or DDD, because there jumpsquats are significantly longer then Ness and Samus'.

To the point of I can't barely wavedash with them because my muscle memory is tuned to the timing required for Ness. I personally don't want to mess up that muscle memory, so I either, don't play them, or I use a different button combination. For Ganon when I play him I use Y and R to wavedash, oppose to Ness where I use X and R. Simply to not mess up that muscle memory.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
At the time, I was simply learning it with Weegee for the sake of learning it. Strangely, his was easier for me to do than with Link's; with whom I have no problems performing the wavedash. At least, not anymore. Besides, I really wanted to main Luigi over Mario at the time (as I just prefer Luigi on the whole, in and out of Smash Bros), and the wavedash was my first stop to doing so. After learning it with Luigi, I just ended up picking up the wavedash with Mario, and eventually with Link, as well.

It does go without saying, though, learn tech that benefits your main. As Bowser, I'm sure there's some minuscule application for wavedashing, but it's probably not your go-to practice tech. Like others have said, there's more reason to learn it (even when it's of little use to that character) than to not have it at all in your repertoire.

Personally, I weight the following techs in terms of how soon a player should learn from top to bottom:

Shorthopping
L-Cancelling
SHFFL
DI/Crouch Cancelling
Character-specific Recovery Options (possibly below Wave techniques)
Wave Landing
Wave Dashing
AGT/Glidetossing
DACUS

This isn't to say I consider any tech more important than another at all, but I feel that as a player who woud pick up the controller for the first time, that learning the L-Cancel would be more beneficial at that point in experience than attempting AGT. But, what do I know, I had an infinitely harder time learning Link's DACUS than learning how to AGT.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but link has the easiest dacus in the game :)
You also forgot to add up b oos and up smash oos. Those techs made me way better at the game, i didnt know how good they were until i learned how to do them

Fortress

Smash Master
Yeah, I know Link is the easiest DACUS of all time, right there with Snake, but it took me forever to get it down for whatever reason. I completely forgot to add OOS options, too, thanks. I still can't do those. They're tricky.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Lol same here, i cant up smash oos with most of cast to this day, i need some specific frame data on this one. And up b oos also gives me trouble at times, with marth i just jump and then up b oos, but with link and tlink i have to do it the real way, i just want frame data on the oos techs

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Depends on how you use the term "master." Because for me I haven't mastered it yet.

Vashimus

Smash Master
For Ganon when I play him I use Y and R to wavedash, oppose to Ness where I use X and R. Simply to not mess up that muscle memory.
That actually brings up a nice topic.

To everyone in the thread: What is your preferred method to wave-dash? AKA what buttons do you press?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It only took a few weeks for me to adjust to the motion. However, that's just half the battle. The REAL battle is knowing when to use it and apply it to your game. Even recently we are still learning different ways of using it with the different characters, especially with the Brawl cast.

Edit: I honestly don't pay attention to which shoulder button I use for WDing.... Odd considering I use L for teching and Z for L cancelling.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I think it took me quite some time to know how to wavedash, still not using it as sufficiently in battle. I only got into melee competetively earlier this year and I still have a lot of work to do.
As for button inputs, I always only use x and R for everything.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Offline: Quite well, I can do a consistent Marth wavedash. Even on a classic controller (for when I play it on the Wii U)
Online: GFAIDGHAEIURGHNAERIGHJWERATIHNMWRITHWMTUHM

Top Bottom